Hatred

Akali

Well akali.. I have to agree with you but then im trying hard to understand why is your topic only about khalistani hating others?

I don't think thats the main point to stress in our panth. If you study we have political problems all around the world. Sikh organizations in the east and in the west are trying to compete with each other and never bother to share/help each other. Sikh Raggis trying to be on the top from the others. Sikh Politicians are trying to even kill each other just to get the chair. Even in common sikh nuclear families, brothers are fighting/hating with each other on issues lik property, land.

My point is that it's not only about khalistani hating others, maybe it's happening in your area but not overall. Regarding the materials on the net creating jatha wars, khalistani wars, hating hindus are common and they are bunch immature kids who mostly are public shy and they become lion when they login into various forums and try to be the center of the attention. The best solution is to ignore them and try to give them good advice.

Not everybody is khalistani and mostly from the gruesome examples you posted (if they are true) are not by khalistani but he/she acted on his/her own behalf and nobody gave them certificate that he/she represent the khalistani member etc.. First of all there is no such membership of khalistani party etc and second of all those who claims to be khalistani and do these stuff are bunch of sickos. So in the end.. sikhs do not hate anybody.. those who do are not sikhs.. whether he is internet chardi kala bana wearing gursikh or whether he is awesome khalistani speaker.. Sikhi comes when we love each other and try to live peaceful life.

Sat Sri Akal!

I do not wish to highlight only the khalistani's. I'm just giving an example. You have highlighted other areas that need sorting out. It is no point saying that those who hate etc are not Sikh's. As I stated in my second post, Sikh's are learners and everyone is at different steps with regard to Sikhi. These people who are hating are lost or straying off the true path. It is our duty to educate them and make them aware of what they are doing is wrong. I think it is pathetic to simply brush it unde the carpet and say that they are not Sikh's and somewhat seek the easy way out. If we can educate people and bring them into Sikhi, I consider that a good deed and I'm sure that is good in the eyes of Waheguru.

A further example was in the Bhaman post where many sangat members made hateful and derogatory remarks about Hindu's and their faith. So I ask you S1ngh, would you say that those members are not Sikh's? I say that they are sikhs but they need to sort out some of the issues in their mind.

'Jagh Jeet, Man Jeet.'

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the materials on the net creating jatha wars, khalistani wars, hating hindus are common and they are bunch immature kids who mostly are public shy and they become lion when they login into various forums and try to be the center of the attention. The best solution is to ignore them and try to give them good advice.
:wub: :wub: :D
So in the end.. sikhs do not hate anybody.. those who do are not sikhs.. whether he is internet chardi kala bana wearing gursikh or whether he is awesome khalistani speaker..
:TH: :TH: :TH:

'Jagh Jeet, Man Jeet.'

Isn't it "mann jeete jag jeet" ?

Akali you make good points but what can be done about it?

Sadly, too many Sikhs are infected with hatred, fanaticism and racism, and I cannot see it changing. How do you change bigots? How do you change people who in the name of Guru Nanak Dev Ji preach hatred, racism and spite? When minds are infected with hate, how do you de-programme them? I am afraid this is very very difficult. If you saw the thread on here and the amount of racism expressed against Somalis, you would have been shocked, and thought you had wandered into a Nazi website instead of Sikhi website. So I would say that those bigots who talk in the colours of Sikhism want to foment racial and religious wars even here on the streets of Britain, and they will not rest until they do so. In short, we are living in dark times.

Guru Fateh

Yogi bhajan: if you dont see god in all, you dont see god at all.

even though the comments in those threads were not meant for me, it really hurt to read them.

if someone comes and makes derogatory comments towards you, take that as a compliment not a personal insult. remember, two wrongs dont make a right.

Those who fall into the category described by Akali veer are NOT SIKHS. Simply keeping kesh and kakkar does not make you sikh. Sikhi has to be earned, with humility and love in heart. Sikhs have been overwhelmed with punjabi culture of strong pride and machoism. Of all these so called defenders of faith you'll hardly find a soul with humbleness in heart.

And the root of this problem is these so called elders are feeding their kids to hate passionately. If only we could teach our kids and next generation the true message of love and humility from Sri Guru Granth Sahibji, we could build a generation worthy to be labled Singhs and Khalsa! Till then we should work to make our jeewan worthy enough.

u guys...

all of ur words made my eyes teary blush.gif (if that makez anysense?)

this is really good...we need to talk about all these different things that are affecting our lives(sikhi)..

i have met, and know few people, including my self, who are khalistani and have this hate for otherz in them( they are not on this forum so i guess i wont be killd jk). Gurbani(the good company) helpz a lot. i have seen them change for better wth Guru sahibz kirpa.

this hate element is really hard for to overcome without good sangat.

bhul chuk muaf karni

Akal Sahai!

GuruFateh!

Thank you Bhenji for your honesty. The Guru's did say to only seek the company of good sangat. Bad sangat can have a negative effect on anyone and can further influence your beliefs. Our beliefs and way of life should be in strict accordance with the teachings of the Guru's. Any question posed by anyone can be answered by Gurbani.

Moving away from the khalistan hatred issue, we see many people openly showing hatred to each other within the Panth. Gurudwara's have names which include these 'so-called' castes in them. People openly say hurtful things such as 'I'm not going to that gurudwara because it belongs to so and so caste.' How stupid and pathetic.

If these people were bought into the fold of Sikhi and told that this hatred is very wrong, the Khalsa would reach the prominance it had before.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!