France Using Isolation To Punish Sikh Students Over Turban?

sikhlionz

Look at the recent remarks by the Pope about Islam and Jihad. All the muslim nations collectively condemed the remarks. Why can't "our" country's (India) parliament condemn the actions of France. Are not 20 million sikhs "citizens" of India. Don't people say that India is the homeland of the sikhs? Why isn't our "homeland" defending our rights on the international stage?

Because it's not our country. India has never stood by us in our hour of need. They never stod by our side during the punjabi suba movement, they never stood by us in 1984, they never stood by us in delhi pogroms, they never stood by us in fake police encounters, they never stood by us in anything.

Again in this hour of need mother india gives us the step-child treatment.

Why can't "our" country's (India) parliament condemn the actions of France.

Parliament is not in session currently !

If it was, some Sikh MP probably Navjot Singh Sidhu or Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa would have raised this issue in parliament and the old fogies would have issued a statement condemning it.

At the end of the day, French ambassador should be summoned by Foreign Ministry and be given a demarche.

The only "hitch" I see to something like that happening is that the Indo-US 'unclear' err 'nuclear' deal is due in IAEA and NSG and France is supposed to be a major supporter of this deal and its companies esp Areva are supposed to benefit.

If India acts 'tough' with France then they might get different ideas.

We can force them to accept any conditions after this deal is passed and the companies bid for contracts. I am sure the French govt will then bend over backward to please the Indian govt.

Meanwhile Sikh delegations should take up this issue forecefully with Manmohan Singh no less and make him accountable.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I think we should just allow france to be taken over by a nieghboring country and let them cry about it. Then they will ask for help and they wont get it. maybe next time they will remember the sacrifices other people from other countries have made for their ungrateful government. hmmm.gif :

Indian goverment cant support sikhs. If it did it wouldnt be indian government. rolleyes.gif

One of the primary signs which tell you that india is not a country for sikhs is the lack of support given to sikhs by indians. Muslims have billions of people to support them. Sikhs only have handful. If india and non sikh indians truly valued sikhs thenthey would have protested against the treatment of their sikh brothers in france.

Problem is that we dont have enough numbers. Lets say that every one of the sikh bans French product, will that have an economical effect on france? i dont think so.

France should be made to feel ashamed for the way itis treating sikh students. I think the best course of action is some sort of movement that serves as a slap on French face showing them what they are doing is against human rights.

Cant we start some sort of internet campgain or something? When i heard the story of sikh youth being isolated from mainstream for their beliefs my heart just melted. The lack of mainstream media attention is also harming the issue. Any muslim issue gets headlines but things like these for sikhs dnt even make page 10.

Patta Patta singha da vairi :wub: