Wearing A Kirpan!

Singh_in_Welling

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

Wassup singha singhnia!!! Cheers for helping me out before but i need some more help pleez!!

Does it matter what side u where you kirpan on??? like the gatra is on the right and the kirpan is on the left or vise-versa??

Coz i been getting a few complaints cos i have my kirpan on the left and i duno y people are telling me off for that! i believe its for traditional purposes/some sort of ritualistic thing but im not too sure! i still think its a part of my body but these guys are just telling me off!! n Dus it reli matter??? wacko.gif

Pleeeez help me out here!!

Cheers,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Its wrong for a left handed person to wear it on their left side! Its a practical symbol, so it should be worn like you would wear a sword; on the side that you can most easily grab it out.

So for a right handed person, it should be on the left side; and the a left handed person, it should be on the right side.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

but yh what about if some1 left handed and dey would prefer it on the other siede??..is it that wrong??

If you have anything on the left side of the gatra it has to be a gutka in a pouch, mala round your neck or hand. No wearing a kirpan on the left and the right as Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji.

Learn to switch hit. :TH: I can write with my left and right. I can actaully bowl better left handed than right handed :wub:

Do lifts to exercize your right arm muscles to be some what even with your prominent arm. Same with the legs and mind.

but yh what about if some1 left handed and dey would prefer it on the other siede??..is it that wrong??

If you have anything on the left side of the gatra it has to be a gutka in a pouch, mala round your neck or hand. No wearing a kirpan on the left and the right as Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji.

Learn to switch hit. :TH: I can write with my left and right. I can actaully bowl better left handed than right handed :wub:

Do lifts to exercize your right arm muscles to be some what even with your prominent arm. Same with the legs and mind.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I'm sure that's not right... its the same concept as wearing a kara or fighting with a sword, exactly as they had in mideval times. 75% of people are right handed (that's the way their brains are wired), so they hold their shield in their left hand and fight with their right hand. BUT 25% are left handed, and so they have their shield in their right hand and sword in their left.

...and btw, you wanna know why it is 75% and 25%? scientists say that originally, it is 50/50 left:right handed, but because of mideval days, with people forced to fight with their sword in their right hand, many left-handed people died compared to right handed people because they couldn't fight as well with opposite hands. So for your kirpan, keep it on the side that you can use it BEST.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry but its easier for a person whos right handed to say that kirpan should be worn from right shoulder to bottom left.....but i think its more of a ritual to say that kirpan should only be wore on the right side....cuz to be honest it wil not be practial for a left handed to wear it on their right side as the will bot be able to use it properly ( as someone said before)... and the whole aim of wearing sri ssahib is so that it could be used on such times...therfore if being practical, you will wear it on the side that you think it will be helpfull??...

and truee.....every memeber of this army has the same uniform......but its jsut like wearing a kara....its the same kakaar with same reason on why wearing it.....BUT still is worn in different sizes...why, because people have different size of wrists etc!...sme with individual, everyone could were the same unifrom but could be adjusted according to the individual....

sorry to offend anyone but my humble opinion

fatehji!