Three Young Gursikhs Pass Away In Lake District Tragedy

Golee Maro

It is with great sadness to inform the sangat online that three young Gursikhs aged 15, 17 and 21 have drowned in the Lake District.

They went to a Sikh Gatka Demonstration where they were swimming in the lake. One boy got in trouble and three youths went to aid him. However, one survived, three others drowned.

Please do ardaas for these great great kids...

pray.gif

2006_triotribute.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/5375040.stm

Three bodies recovered from lake

The bodies of three youths have been recovered from Ullswater in the Lake District, police said.

The three, aged 15, 17 and 21 and from the West Midlands, were among a group enjoying a swim when one of them got out of their depth.

Another 15-year-old boy had to be pulled to safety during the incident at about 1600 BST on Saturday.

Police said conditions were reasonably calm, but there were deep areas and the water was very cold.

They said they were contacting the families of those who died before releasing any more information.

A Cumbria Police spokesman said: "Police have now recovered the three bodies of the males who went missing in Ullswater lake.

"We are in the process of contacting the deceased males' families and updating them regarding the circumstances of the drowning.

"No details will be released until all family members have been informed regarding this tragic incident."

'Extremely cold'

Members of the public and a lake warden went to help when the alarm was raised, and managed to rescue the 15-year-old boy.

He was taken to hospital, where his injuries were not thought to be life-threatening.

Searches by the coastguard, a helicopter and police and civilian divers were carried out overnight.

Police said the boys were part of a group staying in Glenridding, a village overlooking Ullswater.

Insp Sean Murphy, from Cumbria Police, said: "I think the lake was reasonably calm.

"Unfortunately it does have deep areas and shelving and the water is extremely cold so it's all speculation at the moment but I am assuming that someone has gone too deep and they have got cold and been unable to swim."

ਜਾ ਕੈ ਸਿਮਰਣਿ ਜਮ ਤੇ ਛੁਟੀਐ ਹਲਤਿ ਪਲਤਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਈਐ ॥

jaa kai simran jam tay chhutee-ai halat palat sukh paa-ee-ai.

Meditating in remembrance on Him, we escape from the Messenger of Death; here and hereafter, we obtain peace.

ਸਾਸਿ ਗਿਰਾਸਿ ਜਪਹੁ ਜਪੁ ਰਸਨਾ ਨੀਤ ਨੀਤ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਈਐ ॥੨॥

saas giraas japahu jap rasnaa neet neet gun gaa-ee-ai.

With every breath and morsel of food, meditate, and chant with your tongue, continually, each and every day; sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord.

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.g...=5&id=17521

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

A sukhmani sahib has been arranged followed by kirtan tonight (5pm+) at

Guru Nanak Sikh Temple

8 Edward Street,

West Bromwich,

West Midlands

B70 8NP

0121 553 1242

Please can all sangat attend.

Names of the singhs will be annonuced later on.

VAHEGURU JEE

i wish we cud attend the keertan. but we are quite far away and cannot make it.

our prayers have gone to Gurujee for the rest of the group, the Singhs' familes and friends.

I hope Guru ji guides them (and us) all through this.

VAHEGURUU

i knew 1 ov the singhs pretty well, i used to see him all the tym on his paper round, he always stopped to say fateh to me. i remember seeing him around the gurdwara as a young kid, he grew up to be a fine young man. a real loss to the panth. i mentioned wat happened to him and the other young gursikhs to a few other singhs that knew him, some of them said how they just played football with him on tuesday. 1 ov my mates sed he was a proper sikkkk football player man, seriously good. we just looked at each other and smiled, remembering how he used to dazzle us with his skills. may waheguru help there families through this difficult tym.