Disrespect Of Sacred Writings In Libraries

Khalsa_Girl_1

GurFateh Sangat Jio.

i just wanted to bring across somethin i noticed in a public library i went to.

i went there to actually look up stuff for a project..

so i got my stuff and all..

then as i was abt to like walk outta the library, i noticed a pile of books which were all on religion.

i guess someone/some people used them for a project or w/e

anywho.. i noticed some books on Sikhism.

i was quite hurt though.

cuz when i opened it, it DID have Gurbaani Tuks in it.

and of course pics of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Mahaaraaj, and (i know a lot of people dont believe in pics of Gurus..but) pics of our Gurus as well...

(though they all One)

but ya...i wanna ask..

so isnt this like... bad kinda sorda? :wub:

cuz i mean, yeah its good that there are books on other religions for people to learn abt and all...

but i mean..

isnt this disrespect?

shouldnt be on the floor init

and even if people agree and all...

what can we do to prevent this kinda disrespect?

i didnt know what to do...

but i was really hurt to see that eh

like not only for sacred writings on Sikhi...but other religions too

but of course, im gonna speak for Sikhi.

i know a lot of Christians who dont have the same way of respecting their holy artifacts etc as we do. same for other disciples

so im speakin abt Sikhi books etc...

so what you guys think?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Khalsa Girl ,

We had the same issue in our town and spoke to the library staff who allowed us wrap the books containing sacred writings and to be put on a higher separate shelf. The other thing that can be done is to get your local Gurdwara invovlved and get those books back to the Gurdwara library.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Ive seen Christians{my family} with the bible on the floor and they eat and drink while they are reading. I pick them up but they dont understand that I respect their holy book more than they even do and I dont look towards it for guidance.

I think its funny when "christians" tell me Im dumb for being so religious when they should be in the same boat as I am in. They forget in general that they are supposed to be spiritual also. They just go to church to praise their own attendance. Without total humility you will gain nothing. Without Naam you are Naamless.

Please wrap up your Gutkas and other sources of Gurbani. Treat your Gutkas and other books in a way like the respect we show Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. Remember if its in your Gutka then it is to be respected as if the Banis were within SGGS.

SatNaam

Goal of life = Naam

Guest Narinder Singh

Ive seen Christians{my family} with the bible on the floor and they eat and drink while they are reading. I pick them up but they dont understand that I respect their holy book more than they even do and I dont look towards it for guidance.

I think its funny when "christians" tell me Im dumb for being so religious when they should be in the same boat as I am in. They forget in general that they are supposed to be spiritual also. They just go to church to praise their own attendance. Without total humility you will gain nothing. Without Naam you are Naamless.

Please wrap up your Gutkas and other sources of Gurbani. Treat your Gutkas and other books in a way like the respect we show Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. Remember if its in your Gutka then it is to be respected as if the Banis were within SGGS.

SatNaam

Goal of life = Naam

Waheguru... pray.gif

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

Btw, i still think some of your post are hate driven and judgemental as can be, but posts such as this one make up for it. :TH:

A very good post. I feel the same thing at times as well. But, in MAJORITY of public and school libraries, once the books are returned. It usually is stacked within the next hour on the shelfs. Also, if one thought about books, what does one think about Calendars, we all know Calendars have picture of Gurus on it as well, so people throw those away, or do they keep in a bag or something? There are things you can control to your limit, and there are things the public needs to know about it, and should control. :TH:

WJKK WJKF

I believe that any book should not be on the floor, let alone bani... but obviously shoul be respected more.

I think this kind of message should be spread around cos a couple of years ago, at school we were studying Sikhi and the teacher was like tellin everyone to have a go at copying the mool mantar out in punjabi in their books. And i waz thinkin, about how these gore gonna treat their books, who knows what will happen to them, will they be chucked in da bin after they have been used, or even stepped on? Satnam.

A BIG message should go to all schools and public places to respect bani!!!!

Bhul Chuck Maaf

WJKK WJKF

good thread

wat bout wedding cards/invitations that has gurbani on it?

ppl juz throw the cards where ever they want....jhootey hath n etc

i remembe attending a gurmat here few years back.....we were having a debate one afternoon.....n i wrote some bani tuks....in english(romanised)......cos i felt tat d easiet way of getting things done...n it was fast....after the debate was over....i wanted to throw away the paper which has gurbani on it......then the facilitator of my jatha....hold me....he was like no singh.....this is gurbani though it is in english(romanised)

some ppl may not agree on this....but it is totally acceptable to me

well i think much effort is needed in educating ppl bout all these things

bhul chuk muaff