Why Is It Difficult?

cute_kaur

FATEH!!

I am really curious and shocked at the same time, y would your own parents try to push u away from SIKHI?? In most of the cases its the kids who try to pull away from the true instituion of sikhi because of peer pressures.

This is something new that i have come across.

Enuff Respect for you guys who still stand by the TRUTH. GURUJI is always with you.

GUR FATEH!!

cuz alot of us have not been born into "sikh" families i mean REAL sikhs... we'r a "family of moneh"

when i stopped eating meat my parents were really supportive and stuff and my dads like puth before you go slp rabh da naam japiyaa karr etc but then agen when it cums 2 goin 2 gurdwara hes like tu otheh jakhe ki karna rolleyes.gif

hold in therreeeeee, everything will fall into place :e: x x

Slowly slowly your family will get used to it and some things will start to rub off on them- i.e my mum now wants to tke Amrit and she doesn't eat meat and my dad sayd he will do the same after I marry (probably cos he knows it wont be for aaaaages) but the point is things DO get better as long as yu hang in there...now my dad cant remember the time where i didnt wear dastaar- he feels like i've always worn it! :wub:

Guest s133k_s1kh
FATEH!!

I am really curious and shocked at the same time, y would your own parents try to push u away from SIKHI?? In most of the cases its the kids who try to pull away from the true instituion of sikhi because of peer pressures.

This is something new that i have come across.

Enuff Respect for you guys who still stand by the TRUTH. GURUJI is always with you.

GUR FATEH!!

cuz alot of us have not been born into "sikh" families i mean REAL sikhs... we'r a "family of moneh"

when i stopped eating meat my parents were really supportive and stuff and my dads like puth before you go slp rabh da naam japiyaa karr etc but then agen when it cums 2 goin 2 gurdwara hes like tu otheh ki jakhe karna rolleyes.gif

hold in therreeeeee, everything will fall into place :e: x x

FATEH!!!

Never came across something of this kind. i have been in canada for just 3 yrs. thx for clarifyin me on this one.

you are the BLESSED ONES :TH: ....KEEP IT UP. GURU JI is wid u guys.

GURU ANG SANG!!!

Fateh Ji,

I just wanted to ask the Sikh Sangat; Why is it difficult for a panjabi family to except ther children

to take a further interest in sikhi? I'm not talking about taking amrit, just at the moment trying to keep

rehat and going to sikhi programs.

Have others experienced this problem, or is it just me?

Fateh Ji,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Daas has also gone throguh this with my family. i used to be your typical panjabi cut hair , drink smoke etc.. but with mahrajs kirpa i was brought on to the path of sikhi

at first my parents thoghut nothing of it.. but slowly they were like hold up one min is he serious about this... when i started to wear a dastaar they would always try to discourage me and annoy me , well even now they do it abit.

the reason i think they cant accept it is because of jealousy and envy... wen i started wearing a dastaar people would always give my parents complements about me and say stuff "look how nice your son is" etcc but also they would say to my parents you lot should be ashamed that your sons geting into sikhi and you lot are just drinkers etc...

i think my parents would get annoyed with that and would always try and discourage me or take the micky out of great singhs and saints of the past..

best thing is to ignore it dont let them think that your getting annoyed slowly they will cut down and stop

now my dads proud of me being a singh .... mum is still abit of a athiest but they all starting to respect me abit more..

i know one person hu had it much harder he one day came home wearing a dastaar and his family pulled him to the floor and took of his dastaar and said stuff like i aint having my son looking like no terroist and forcibly cut his kesh which he had started to grow

WJKK WJKF

It is difficult because of your karam... (you people born into gursikhi families should be very thankful). My parents are Kenyan (bahaha) they don really support me, think i'm a joke yeh. But its all a test, i can see :D @ slowly (very slowly), the way there accepting me. They let me be a vege... but i gotta eat extra saag with lots of makann now (eww) its worth it though. The people who can get through this are the real sikhs! Hang in there everyone! Keep doing ardaas!

Basant, The Word Of Naam Dayv Jee:

I shall not abandon devotional worship of You, O Lord, even if the people laugh at me.

WJKK WJKF