Are Muslims Allowed?

My god, all these replies are just stupid!!!

If Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj hated muslims (which he didnt) why did he give the 'Ganga Sagar' to muslim. If you dont know the story about the Ganga Sagar look it up. It was sort of 'vase' which Guru Ji personally gave to a Muslim, the vase today is kept by the younger geberations of that Muslim man.

Secondly what is main teachings Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj Told us?

WE are all Equal, regardless of caste, creed, RELIGION!!!

This hatred your father has of muslims has absolutly nothing to do with Sikh Teachings! And as for the partition of India Yes many of our Sikh Brothers and sisters were killed by Muslim mobs, similarily many Muslims were killed by Sikh and Hindu Mobs.

If Sikhi is anti-muslim as your father is making it seem like. Why did Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj travel to Mecca? Simply to show the world their is One God, but the religions are all different routes to him.

Dont waste your time thinking, talking, and focusing on the hate of others. Instaed use it to remember Waheguru, Use it recite and listen to Gurbani. Dont be sucked into the endless debate of which religion is better.

Sorrry for showing mirror to our selves. It is just that I do ponder and think and share what ever thoughts that comes to my mind.

The other day I was hearing in Gurdwara by our esteemed preacher that how we Sikhs have saved kashmiri brahmin.

I know that we are supposed to play the role of saviour of mankind.

But first one should be able to protect himself , then his family ,then his village , town , state , country and finally the whole man kind in that order .

Now let us analyse our gloating of saving kASHMIRI PUNDITS.

They are as per me a dying race becase of deep wounds inflicted by the Islamic civilzations which is having its effect 500 years later . They have no land to safe guard there culture and religion. They are getting married to all and sundry and are gradually getting lost in the great Indian melting pot of the lost races.

Same is true for Sindhis. There few colonies in Bairagarh , Ulassnagar are under threat. They would also be gone in few 100 years.

Is it right for us to feel proud or can we still do some thing to prevent these races from going extinct. Can we fullfil our Gurus task of safe guarding the Indian civilization which is still threatened by hidden forces.

I also feel atleast 2 more Indian civilization which are likely to be gobbled up by these forces are

ASSAM

UP

UK is also running the risk of a similar fate as Sind / kashmir/ Afghanistan / Baluchistan if it does not carry out research on how these civilization were gobbled up ( a Phd scholar woulld unravel the whole truth ). There are already first sign of this coming on radar.The bombing of underground rails in UK , sizeable migration ( may be fleeing ) of Britishers to Canada

I suspect they have locked on the target and are in awaiting for an opportune time 300 to 400 years from now.

So what should we Sikhs do .

Be guardian of truth the way our Gurus taught us . We value freedom , diversity that is how we are enjoying our self in the western world.

WGKWGF

hps

Sorrry for showing mirror to our selves. It is just that I do ponder and think and share what ever thoughts that comes to my mind.

The other day I was hearing in Gurdwara by our esteemed preacher that how we Sikhs have saved kashmiri brahmin.

But first one should be able to protect himself , then his family ,then his village , town , state , country and finally the whole man kind in that order .

They are as per me a dying race becase of deep wounds inflicted by the Islamic civilzations which is having its effect 500 years later . They have no land to safe guard there culture and religion. They are getting married to all and sundry and are gradually getting lost in the great Indian melting pot of the lost races.

Same is true for Sindhis. There few colonies in Bairagarh , Ulassnagar are under threat. They would also be gone in few 100 years.

Is it right for us to feel proud or can we still do some thing to prevent these races from going extinct. Can we fullfil our Gurus task of safe guarding the Indian civilization which is still threatened by hidden forces.

I also feel atleast 2 more Indian civilization which are likely to be gobbled up by these forces are

ASSAM

UP

UK is also running the risk of a similar fate as Sind / kashmir/ Afghanistan / Baluchistan if it does not carry out research on how these civilization were gobbled up ( a Phd scholar woulld unravel the whole truth ). There are already first sign of this coming on radar.The bombing of underground rails in UK , sizeable migration ( may be fleeing ) of Britishers to Canada

I suspect they have locked on the target and are in awaiting for an opportune time 300 to 400 years from now.

Be guardian of truth the way our Gurus taught us . We value freedom , diversity that is how we are enjoying our self in the western world.

WGKWGF

hps

Pleas forgive me if I sound rude in any way but, how is this connected to my question? Is it that you feel that Islam is taking over and it is our duty as Sikhs to prevent it or that we should defend those who are under threat of being taken over? Or am I just totally lost? ohmy.gif :

hmmm i'm from malaysia & its a muslim country

as far as rights for practising sikhi is concern we dun face any problem....infact sikhs are known as warriors.....

we've got 150+ gurdwaras all around in malaysia

we've organised a national level parkash dihara celebration in year 2004....n got support from the government

all of ur 5 fingers arent same or are they?......same is the hindus & muslims

as far as muslims spreading their religion is concern its in their blood to do so.....tats wat their religion tells them to do.......as for us sikhs......."jin kou lagee pyaas, amrit sayee kahey".....its as simple as tat

my classmates talks to me bout their religion.....how their prophets has done things......how great their religion is.....n how they condemn followers of other religions...n call them kafir.....i juz laugh at them....cos it duznt affect me......infact when they ask me.....duznt sikhs go around recriuting new sikhs?.......im like we dun need to........tats not our religion..........religion says.....as a sikh be a good sikhs......as muslim u stay as a good muslim etc.....these guys get a shock...tat there is such a religion.... :wub:

as far as meat is concern.....all my classmates know i practise vegetarianism.....they r shocked tat they've nvr seen me in the cafeteria.....even if i end up there....its juz to hang out wit ma buddies n get a cold drink or etc......when asked y am i not eating meat.....i explained to them.......i remember 1 gal feeling guilty n became vegetarian for some time.... :wub: ......this is how strong they are.........hahaha...soory no offense

well wat else?.....if guru sahib hated muslims....why is the bani of bhagat fareed included in SGGS Ji?.......wat bout Nabi Khan & Ghani Khan(hopefully i got it right as im not good wit historical facts)....when guru sahib became Ucch Da Pir?.....

well anyways im juz a moorakh.......my thoughts are as corrupted as me

bhull chukk maaf karni & pls do correct me

another thing i juz remembered....this coming weekend there's this show on tv bout sikh lawyer who converted after marrying a muslim lady...he's gonna say how he saw god in Islam.... :D

these r things tats happening in malaysia....... :umm:

some of ma punjabi frens at uni.....were mad at em.....i juz laughed n said....."chaar muyee to kya hua,jeevat kayee hazaar"

why wasnt it.....jeevat kayee lakh or crore?

we dun need this kinda ppl in sikhi....let them go

bhull chukk maaaf

I guess I am showing my true colours and total hatred against the Muslims….

I read the tactics used by the Muslim league how they wiped out Sikhs in 1947…

How they did it just made me cry for a very long time………

Deep down every one knows that there is a game going on in Muslim’s boys with Sikh girls..

YET

Most will say these Muslims are good people and u can trust them just look at how they have respect to our gurus………………..YES YES YES……….

Then they always drop the ball by saying GURU NANAK WAS A MUSLIM !!!!!!!!!is that taking the XXXX why do they say it!!!???

There may be some good muslims out there.

BUT I have not met any…..they talk about their religion, but when I mention sikhishm they treat it as a joke and TOTAL DISRESPECT. …………….

oh and our founder GURU NANAK was a muslim..

I guess I am a sikh but because of what they have done and are still doing to us I guess I NEVER WILL be a real sikh…………….

So much hatred and always towards the Sikhs…………

I allways end up upset.....but that’s how I am..

KHALSA4EVER

I can't believe some people (especially you raju123). If there is ONE thing written our Gurus tried to teach us, is that we are sons and daughters of the same father. You are a disgrace to sikhi for saying any different.SORRY BUT I AM HUMAN……MAY BE U THINK I SHOULD CHANGE MY RELIGION TO A MUSLIM…..

Forgiveness ? sorry but I am not at that stage yet…

Khalsa4ever

>>I can't believe some people (especially you raju123). If there is ONE thing written our Gurus tried to teach us, is that we are sons and daughters of the same father. You are a disgrace to sikhi for saying any different.<<

Khalsa4ever you appear to a young kid who doesn't seem to have much experience of Muslims especially when they are in large numbers. Your profile states you are from Canada, so I can excuse your ignorance of how Muslims operated. What you have in Canada at the moment is what Muslims were like in the early 80s in the UK. Wait a few more years when more and more move into you area and then let us how how your view change. Most of the people from the UK held similar views to yours ten years ago and most hold the same views ar Raju123. You will see a similar transition in Canada soon.

You are quite correct that the Gurus teach us that the light of Waheguru is in all. But this does not mean that we do not create awarenes amongst our community about the true intentions of Muslims. This does not mean that all Muslims are the same, there are the extremist Muslim or the true believers in Islam, they follow their religion to the letter and that is what makes them dangerous.They want to either convert the non-Muslims to Islam or force them to live their lives as 2nd class citizens. They believe that violence is justified to achieve this end. Then there are the moderate Muslims, they are the same as the extremists but their methods are non-violence but still they want to ensure Muslim domination but through higher birth rates, conversion and gradual taking over of the non-Muslim countries. Lastly you have the non believing Muslims. They are just people born in Muslim households who hold views similar to Sikhi such as human rights, living in peace with others etc.

WGJKK WGJKF

>>"You were kicked out of your home land in west punjab by muslims."

Brother no offense, but i think this view is totally wrong.

I think this is because what about those Muslims who were forced out of East Punjab by the SIKHS and hindus?<<

Please read the history of that period. It was the Muslims who attacked Sikhs first in West Punjab and the Sikh reaction was in retaliation. It's almost like saying well the Nazis weren't that bad because they bombed the hell out of London in 1940 because the British also bombed the hell out of the German city of Dresden in 1945. It matter who the aggressor is in the first place. It was the Muslims who awiped out entire villages of Sikhs near Rawalpindi in 1946 whilst the Sikh retaliation came in 1947.

>>And Muslims are allowed to befriend anyone from any other religion.<<

Rather than make blanket statement we should find out what the Muslims themselves teach. This from a well known website where Muslims ask a Imam questions about Islam

---

Q. Is it permissible in Islam to have friendship(not close) with the non-muslims through chatting on the internet?

I had some non-muslim friends with me. I chatted with them regularly but a Muslim friend of mine told me it is not permitted in Islam so I stopped chatting with them but i m still confused. So tell me whether its a sin to have a chat with non-muslims or it is permissible in Islam.

Answer 12381 2004-08-10

One is allowed to mix with non-muslims and chat with them on permissible topics, however they should not be made close friends. This of course is for those of your on gender. Chatting with the opposite gender is prohibited.

Your intention when dealing and chatting with them, should be to invite them towards Islam.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Ml. Husain Kadodia

STUDENT: Darul Ifta

CHECKED & APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai

http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=12381

No offence to you but I would much rather trust what this Imam guy says about Islam rather than your blanket and incorrect statements.

>>"I have seen countless Muslim scholars on TV, Radio as well as other media tell this LIE many times."

Brother please can you give us a example of this... and if this is true wot about our Granthi's and our Gurdwara managment commitee's that do beedbi (lol dunno how to spell)? Isnt that lieing and cheating just as bad? <<

The simple answer is that the Granthis who do this are going AGAINST Sikhi whereas the Muslims who lie that Islam means peace are doing so are FOLLOWING their religion.

>>What im trying to say is plaese dont judge any faith because of the action of its followers.<<

Quite right. But all I am doing here is judging a religion according to its beliefs!

>>"To be a true Muslim you have to believe in the Koran"

brother, To be a true Sikh dont you have to believe in the Siri Guru Granth Sahib ji?<<

Yes, a Sikh who follows the Guru Granth Sahib becomes a better human being. Does a Muslim who follows the Koran similarly become a good human being? How many Muslims do you see justifying violence and murder according to the Koran and how many Sikhs do you see calling for killing of non-Sikhs? Can Sikhs have an Ossama Bin Laden or an organisation like Al Qaeda? To those who would respond that they do not represent Islam just remember no Muslim scholar has been able to convince let alone attempt to convince Muslims that Ossama Bin Laden is doing things that are against Islam. Bin Laden finds much justifcation for his terrorism in the Koran.

>>Plaese dont be prejudice against Muslims.

Plaese forgive me for any mistakes, im not having a go at you, its just that i found your sayings abit biased... and sorry if offended.<<

No one is being prejudiced against Muslims. It's funny how any criticism is straight away dismissed as prejudice and even hate!

Mehtab Singh

>>Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Raag Maajh

Pannaa 141

hoie musilmu dIn muhwxY mrx jIvx kw Brmu cukwvY ]

hoe musalim dheen muhaanai maran jeevan kaa bharam chukaavai ||

Becoming a true Muslim, a disciple of the faith of Mohammed, let him put aside the delusion of death and life.

rb kI rjwie mMny isr aupir krqw mMny Awpu gvwvY ]

rab kee rajaae ma(n)nae sir oupar karathaa ma(n)nae aap gavaavai ||

As he submits to God's Will, and surrenders to the Creator, he is rid of selfishness and conceit.

qau nwnk srb jIAw imhrMmiq hoie q muslmwxu khwvY ]1]

tho naanak sarab jeeaa mihara(n)math hoe th musalamaan kehaavai ||1||

And when, O Nanak, he is merciful to all beings, only then shall he be called a Muslim. ||1||<<

I have a great deal of respect for you but placing a tuk without a clear explanation of the background as well as the underlying meaning is pointless. If you read all the Shabads where Guruji advises Muslims on the traits of a True Muslims then you will see that much of it is against the definition of a Muslim in the Koran. What Guruji is doing is preaching Sikh values and traits to Muslims.

On the same page as the above Shabad is this one

ਮਃ ੧ ॥

मः १ ॥

mehlaa 1.

First Mehl:

ਪੰਜਿ ਨਿਵਾਜਾ ਵਖਤ ਪੰਜਿ ਪੰਜਾ ਪੰਜੇ ਨਾਉ ॥

पंजि निवाजा वखत पंजि पंजा पंजे नाउ ॥

panj nivaajaa vakhat panj panjaa panjay naa-o.

There are five prayers and five times of day for prayer; the five have five names.

ਪਹਿਲਾ ਸਚੁ ਹਲਾਲ ਦੁਇ ਤੀਜਾ ਖੈਰ ਖੁਦਾਇ ॥

पहिला सचु हलाल दुइ तीजा खैर खुदाइ ॥

pahilaa sach halaal du-ay teejaa khair khudaa-ay.

Let the first be truthfulness, the second honest living, and the third charity in the Name of God.

ਚਉਥੀ ਨੀਅਤਿ ਰਾਸਿ ਮਨੁ ਪੰਜਵੀ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਸਨਾਇ ॥

चउथी नीअति रासि मनु पंजवी सिफति सनाइ ॥

cha-uthee nee-at raas man panjvee sifat sanaa-ay.

Let the fourth be good will to all, and the fifth the praise of the Lord.

ਕਰਣੀ ਕਲਮਾ ਆਖਿ ਕੈ ਤਾ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਣੁ ਸਦਾਇ ॥

करणी कलमा आखि कै ता मुसलमाणु सदाइ ॥

karnee kalmaa aakh kai taa musalmaan sadaa-ay.

Repeat the prayer of good deeds, and then, you may call yourself a Muslim.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜੇਤੇ ਕੂੜਿਆਰ ਕੂੜੈ ਕੂੜੀ ਪਾਇ ॥੩॥

नानक जेते कूड़िआर कूड़ै कूड़ी पाइ ॥३॥

naanak jaytay koorhi-aar koorhai koorhee paa-ay. ||3||

O Nanak, the false obtain falsehood, and only falsehood. ||3||

The above Shabad asks Muslims to be TRUTHFUL and to have SARBAT DA BHALLA for all. These go against Islam because in Islam a Muslim is allowed to LIE is certain situations. Muslims are not allowed to have Sarbat da Bhalla as Allah has cursed those who refuse to believe in him and has prepared the fires of hell for non-Muslims. If Allah in the Koran can hate non-Muslims then how can we expect Muslims to have Srabta Da Bhalla for non-Muslims. What the Gurus are teaching here to Muslims is basic Sikhi values as opposed to urging them to live up to the Islamic values in the Koran.

ASSAM

UP

WGKWGF

hps

Pleas forgive me if I sound rude in any way but, how is this connected to my question? Is it that you feel that Islam is taking over and it is our duty as Sikhs to prevent it or that we should defend those who are under threat of being taken over? Or am I just totally lost? ohmy.gif :

I'm sitting here wondering the same thing - What is the relevence? grin.gif

my classmates talks to me bout their religion.....how their prophets has done things......how great their religion is.....n how they condemn followers of other religions...n call them kafir.....i juz laugh at them....cos it duznt affect me......infact when they ask me.....duznt sikhs go around recriuting new sikhs?.......im like we dun need to........tats not our religion..........religion says.....as a sikh be a good sikhs......as muslim u stay as a good muslim etc.....these guys get a shock...tat there is such a religion.... :wub:

But we should still spread Sikhi just as Guru Nanak Dev did. He was a missionary and muslims and hindus converted once hearing the name of the Lord from his divine lips. - So conversion is necessary as Sikhi is the true way. Although not forced, as is done in other religions! pray.gif

The above Shabad asks Muslims to be TRUTHFUL and to have SARBAT DA BHALLA for all. These go against Islam because in Islam a Muslim is allowed to LIE is certain situations. Muslims are not allowed to have Sarbat da Bhalla as Allah has cursed those who refuse to believe in him and has prepared the fires of hell for non-Muslims. If Allah in the Koran can hate non-Muslims then how can we expect Muslims to have Srabta Da Bhalla for non-Muslims. What the Gurus are teaching here to Muslims is basic Sikhi values as opposed to urging them to live up to the Islamic values in the Koran.

Gur Fateh

Brother you seem intelligent and very well informed. But i'd like to say i know many muslims. When i first met them they tried teaching me about the Kuran, i listened because i had knowledge of it beforehand. I was also aware of Sikhi too, which i thank the Guru ji for allowing me to gain knowldege of. Unlike most youth of today who don't have a clue, and that's when people of other faiths strike! - Just like Sikhs, other people think they are following the right path. So it's an obligation of that follower to preach and try to get others to fallow and experience the bliss they may feel. Is that wrong? Not to me. As long as it's not done forcefully.

OK, as i was saying. They tried to tell me that i too should follow Islam, but i then would respond with verses from the Guru Granth Sahib. - They were quite surprised i had any knoweldge of my own sacred scriptures, and after that they stopped but we still to this day remain friends. and i mean friends! - They don't hate others. But just like you get 'Brainwashed' christians hindus, sikhs even, you'll find some select muslims who too will say the religion of Islam will forcefully convert etc etc.

We Sikhs have a duty to teach the future generation. Something our parents and their parents FAILED AT!! - This is why we need Gurdwaras and above all, PARENTS to preach Sikhi. Some are, and some just concern themselves with maya.

WE NEED TO CHANGE THIS IF SIKHI IS TO SURVIVE - We can't blame anyone else for trying to take away Sikhs from Sikhi, when they don't even follow Sikhi! - This is my opinion, and i stand by it!

Gur Fateh pray.gif

I guess I am showing my true colours and total hatred against the Muslims….

I read the tactics used by the Muslim league how they wiped out Sikhs in 1947…

How they did it just made me cry for a very long time………

Deep down every one knows that there is a game going on in Muslim’s boys with Sikh girls..

YET

Most will say these Muslims are good people and u can trust them just look at how they have respect to our gurus………………..YES YES YES……….

Then they always drop the ball by saying GURU NANAK WAS A MUSLIM !!!!!!!!!is that taking the XXXX why do they say it!!!???

There may be some good muslims out there.

BUT I have not met any…..they talk about their religion, but when I mention sikhishm they treat it as a joke and TOTAL DISRESPECT. …………….

oh and our founder GURU NANAK was a muslim..

I guess I am a sikh but because of what they have done and are still doing to us I guess I NEVER WILL be a real sikh…………….

So much hatred and always towards the Sikhs…………

I allways end up upset.....but that’s how I am..

KHALSA4EVER

I can't believe some people (especially you raju123). If there is ONE thing written our Gurus tried to teach us, is that we are sons and daughters of the same father. You are a disgrace to sikhi for saying any different.SORRY BUT I AM HUMAN……MAY BE U THINK I SHOULD CHANGE MY RELIGION TO A MUSLIM…..

Forgiveness ? sorry but I am not at that stage yet…

wub: Ditto that's like me

And i m not surprised that you are from england.....coz this is where the most of the trouble is and you can easily develop this kind of hard feelings but u need to do bani to prevent this from developing into hatred and always remember they also have waheguru's jyot in them "sab mein jyot jyot hai soi" .Well i don't particularily hate em but i just kinda for following sikhi sake try not to hate them or at least try to stay neutral.

It is easy to comment on this topic sitting from canada or u.s.a without knowing what's happened with our sisters here in england, how many are sitting in pakistan from many years and forced into prostitution ,how many have suffered and are still suffering in silence ...we don't really feel the pain coz we don't consider them our real sisters just for once think in detail this happening to your real sister and you'd feel the pain if u have even a little ankh in u ......the other day i was reading the topic"is my mate right or wrong" on this forum where a sister had been enticed and ditched by a muslim after having a kid coz the muslim guy had been paid for that....now did anyone here give it a thought about what's going on? how big this game is? people are delibrately chasing our girls and being paid for doing bepatti of our sisters and we don't even give it a thought...it's actually been at least a decade since this is happening coz i have read stories dating back to 95-96 and still muslims are going after sikh girls. Can't really believe we are the sons of warriors

......as for muslims and i don't say all are same but in fact most of them are same coz their motive is same and even false tactics are permissible for them.