Can One Person In A Relationship Be Amrithdhari And The Other Partner Not?

Guest Bass Singh

Sangat ji what i think is both should be amritdhari i too agree with kaur91 ji ... and if one of them is not amritdhari then other should encourage him/her for amrit . every gursikh is a Parcharak himself .. i dont know m rite or wrong but bhul chuk maff karni ..waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

OK, i just have to say something now......

what about ppl that got married not being amritdhari, but later on in their marriage, one of them progresses alot in their sikhi and takes amrit, while the other partner isn't at that level of understanding yet...i've seen so many couples like that...so now what??? do they get separated????

HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz...the question you asked was very true and I have myself seen many people in that situation. But what I think is that people who are AD before marriage should marry only those who are AD themselves, like sumone had said above that it takes a lot to become an AD it's not a decision made over night, only wid Waheguru's grace can one become an AD. However I feel what ever happens after your married is totally a different situation. I mean your married but then with Waheguru's grace you become so much into sikhi and Amrit that you take it. I don't believe if this would be considered wrong, there may be somethings that you won't be able to do but think about it your married now so what are you going to do leave the person? That just doesn't make an sense. It would be best for the other partner to just accept the decision and get on wid their lives just like they have been till this point.

Sorry if I said anythin wrong and especially if I made no sense, but I tried my best to explain what it was that I wanted to say.

WGJKK WGJKF

Guest s133k_s1kh

what about ppl that got married not being amritdhari, but later on in their marriage, one of them progresses alot in their sikhi and takes amrit, while the other partner isn't at that level of understanding yet...i've seen so many couples like that...so now what??? do they get separated????

FATEH!!!

Exactly, thats the point. Are we heading towards a split here??... Hardcore Fundamentalists vs People who respect SIKHI but are a a bit liberal.

Personally i dont see anything wrong in this marriage. As i said earlier Amritdhari can and will always influence the non amritdhari :TH:

Do i need to change my mindset on these issue??

For me its simple maths...2 amritdharis get married .. we'll have 2 amritdharis and if the same 2 amritdharis get married to non amritdharis..WE'LL HAVE 4 AMRITDHARIS FOR SURE .

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni

GURU ANG SANG!!

Once one is blessed with Amrit its no longer about what ‘we’ think is right or wrong – once you have given your head to Guru Ji then its all about the Rehit that you have been told to live by.

The Panj Piare explain the Rehit Maryada to those being blessed with Amrit. When I was blessed with Amrit I was told that I am to marry an Amritdhari. Any married person who came to be blessed was told to take Amrit with their spouse. There was for example a man at the Amrit Sanchaar who was Amritdhari and his wife was now taking Amrit and he was told to take it again aswell.

An Amritdhari is not to take any jooth from anyone who isn’t also Amritdhari – martial relations involves the same concept and so the same ‘rules’ apply here.

There are a lot of people who are Amritdhari who are marrying people who are not Amritdhari but this does not make it right or acceptable as I was told not to do this by the Panj Piare. As I mentioned once one is blessed with Amrit its not about what ‘we’ think is right or what we think is acceptable, if you give your head to your Guru, then walk on the path set out by your Guru.

On a side note, I don’t know if all (I don’t like this term but anyway) Jatha’s/groups say that an Amritdhari is to marry an Amritdhari but that’s what I was told by the Panj Piare.

‘REHAT PIARI MUJH KO SIKH PIARE NAHE’

WJKK WJKF

Well Bass Ji, I don't think deres anything wrong about it. But if the guy is a proper amritdari he should keep bibek innit? Some amritdaris don't and if he wants to be sarabloh bibek, good for him -at least he can cook his own meals then and then he can feed her blessed food innit. Hope this helps. Stop da women cooking.

WJKK WJKF

I know of many Amrit Sanchars where they dont allow a married person to take amrit.. unless both the partners are taking it...

I find it very difficult to digest.. why should a person be stopped from taking amrit because of other person..

rather a partner taking amrit can influence the other partner also..

bhul chuk maaf... d_oh.gif

I know of many Amrit Sanchars where they dont allow a married person to take amrit.. unless both the partners are taking it...

I find it very difficult to digest.. why should a person be stopped from taking amrit because of other person..

rather a partner taking amrit can influence the other partner also..

bhul chuk maaf... d_oh.gif

2 bodies 1 soul concept ring a bell? How can someone progress on any path if the other isn't walking along with them? You are only as fast as the slowest on your team - if your spouse isn't following the same path as you then just as you think the Amritdhari will influence them, it can also go the other way with the none Amritdhari ending up influencing the Amritdhari.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, no one is above the Rehit set out by the Panj - unless some of us now think we know better than them..

Guest Dancing Warrior

FATEH!!!

Exactly, thats the point. Are we heading towards a split here??... Hardcore Fundamentalists vs People who respect SIKHI but are a a bit liberal.

Personally i dont see anything wrong in this marriage. As i said earlier Amritdhari can and will always influence the non amritdhari :TH:

Do i need to change my mindset on these issue??

For me its simple maths...2 amritdharis get married .. we'll have 2 amritdharis and if the same 2 amritdharis get married to non amritdharis..WE'LL HAVE 4 AMRITDHARIS FOR SURE .

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni

GURU ANG SANG!!

Hardcore Fundamentalists vs People who respect SIKHI but are a a bit liberal.

this seems to be growing in modern day Sikhi.