Bandi Chor Candles Start 3 Fires

Guest gurpreet_singh101

Guest gurpreet_singh101

Vjkk Vjkf

Three serious fires have been started by candles lit for the Bandi Chor celebrations in the West Midlands.

A Sikh temple in Foleshill Road in Coventry was damaged when candles lit by worshippers started a blaze in the early hours of Sunday.

Earlier a woman was treated in hospital for smoke inhalation after a blaze at a house in Radford Road was started when a candle set fire to a net curtain.

And a fire started in Smethwick after a candle was left on a television.

Six firefighters had to enter the Ramgarhia Gurdwara to put out the fire, which had been started by candles placed outside the temple by worshippers. One man was treated for smoke inhalation.

The most serious of the three fires was at the house in Radford Road, which did not have a smoke alarm.

Mr Sinnott said: "The first floor was gutted and the entire house was damaged. It was a right mess."

In Smethwick the occupants were alerted to the fire by an alarm.

no.gif

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Forgive me if I am wrong, Oh Sikhs of the Guru. Is this a reminder to the Sangat that caste has no place in Sikhi and only a fire can purify their Gurdwara from the label they have hammered onto the dhramsala.

Remember incense and candles are very dangerous when left unattended. Be careful when using fire, it always seems like it would never happen to you , until it does.

SatNaam Waheguru Jio

WJKK WJKF

Candles look really nice but aren't we forgetting what Bandi Chorr is really about. Sikhi doesn't preach lighting candles and them bringing good luck or summit, ma silly Pua was at it again: Front door de more ek mombathi jagalo phir sara dukh chaloga. STUPID WOMAN. I went outside and blew it out man!

Rather than lighting candles we should be Japping! In my opinion Gurdwaras should do the whole lighting candle thing cos it has NO SIGNIFICANCE!

Bhul Chuck Maaf

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

Candles look really nice but aren't we forgetting what Bandi Chorr is really about. Sikhi doesn't preach lighting candles and them bringing good luck or summit, ma silly Pua was at it again: Front door de more ek mombathi jagalo phir sara dukh chaloga. STUPID WOMAN. I went outside and blew it out man!

LOL.gif loooollll i thought it was only meeee who did that hahahaha. . . blush.gif

WJKK WJKF

Rather than lighting candles we should be Japping! In my opinion Gurdwaras should do the whole lighting candle thing cos it has NO SIGNIFICANCE!

Bhul Chuck Maaf

WJKK WJKF

My mami (stupid as a plank of wood) Said we should play 'Tash' (cards) and put black surma from the candle on our eyes. And that 'Lakshmi' (Hindu Godess) would visit us.

I told her to take her fat arse out our house as we're not expecting any lakshmi......she left very quickly forgetting the jalebis

WJKK WJKF

Bhul Chuck Maaf

WJKK WJKF

My mami (stupid as a plank of wood) Said we should play 'Tash' (cards) and put black surma from the candle on our eyes. And that 'Lakshmi' (Hindu Godess) would visit us.

I told her to take her fat arse out our house as we're not expecting any lakshmi......she left very quickly forgetting the jalebis

Liar liar, pants on fire! you wouldnt say that to your mami! lol LOL.gif

theres nothing wrong with lighting candles i light them al the time.. as for lakshmi thats a hindu tradition so understandable that hindus believe in it but y did u pua or whoever believe in isnt she sikh?? diwali is a time to share with the guru which means going to the gurdwara not sit at home lighting candles and waiting for lakshmi.... people nowdays...