Wearing a Kirpan

chamkila

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I would like to know if its ok for me to wear a kirpan, So far I am keep the Rehat I wear the other 4 Ks not sure if I should wear the kirpan because I have not taken Amrit yet. What would you guys say to me ?

If the answer is yes are they any laws that I should know about once I start wear the kirpan in the UK, is they any thing special I need to do once I start wearing the kirpan.

Thanks for the support everyone ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I personally would wait until I've taken Amrit and living in Reht. My personal opinion.

My friend who lives in London, took Amrit about 4 years ago. He didn't feel it any reason to tell any of his work colleagues that he was wearing his kirpan under his clothes. One day one of the Goray spotted his Kirpan hanging below his jumper and made a big issue by complaining to HR and Management. My friend got called up by the HR manager who explained about the concern of other employees. He had a discussion with her about Amrit and the 5 ks, which she already knew as she had done her research. She still kept expressing the employers uneasiness about him wearing a Kirpan. In the end they acknowledged as a practicing Sikh he will not remove his 5 ks, so it was agreed that his Kirpan must not be visable to other employees.

If you want to start wearing a Kirpan, be aware that you will need to educate the non-Sikhs around you, before they freak out and make a ho-haa. You will be surprised how many Goray know about Sikhs and the 5 ks. However, there are still a majority that haven't got a clue and some do over react about the Kirpan.

I am not sure what the UK law says about Kirpans, I know it's not an issue as we say many chardi kala SInghs/Singhnees walking around. Maybe Constable Kam can help on that one.

Guest SikhForLife

search the forum for more info.. there was a big discussion on wearing kirpan without amrit

Should a non-amritdhari carry a Kirpan?

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...=1785&hl=kirpan

Poll.. Kirpan without Amrit

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...=1794&hl=kirpan

Kirpan in Public

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...=wearing+kirpan