Singnee Needs Your Help!

wannabekaur5

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Recently i have been tying a dastar more often and my parents have a couple of problems with it. Before they were fine with it, like when I did it for the 1st time, I got (u know) the expected reaction. Then I started tying it more often and I think they are starting to get tired of me tyin one.

They don't think its necessary that girls should have one (they aint gursikhi) and on top of that they are pretty sexist.

I need you - bros and sisters to get some quotes or something to help me convince them that all sikhs should wear one (and I ain't settin up dis post 4 a debate OK just need sum support).

Thank You!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!!!

waheguroo ji wjkk wjkf phenji..i would say..tell ur parents in SGGSJ its written that " Sabt Sur Dastar Sera" and guru ji aint sexist... and yea in on of the rehat nama..its written that Keski should be worn by anyone who is asking for amrit..cheak it out at akj.org the tukh..and yea..u can find article of y womens have to wear dastar..hope this helped..eventho i know im useless but well..maharaj keronda:)..wjkk wjkf jio..

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

when posting people, can we not argue the fact over keski/kesh thing again, can we just answer penjis post! thanks

Nice post by the way palvinder88!

VJKK VJKF!

First of all, to "wannabekaur5", I commend you for your strength and courage! Many young singhnees encounter the same pressure to conform that you must be facing but if you deal with your parents in a respectful manner, Guru Sahib will do kirpa!

Some very general arguments/logic you could employ include the following:

1) There is only one Khalsa and no such thing as a "Khalsi". When Guru Gobind Singh tells us that "Khalsa Mero Roop Hai Khaas", he clearly refers to both Singhs AND Singhnees to be the reflection of his very form. That form is incomplete without a dastaar, without the crown that makes us all the sons and daughters of the King of all Kings.

2) Double-standards: We would find it inappropritate for a Singh to walk around with a gutt or his hair tied into a bun at the back of his head with his head bare. If the majority of Singhs did this today, there would an outcry to stop it. Why should we be so complacent to let Singhnees present themselves in this way?

3) The physical identity of a Sikh is of extreme importance. I don't think Guru Sahib would have given this unique identity and responsibilty to males alone to distinguish them as Sikhs and not give his daughters the same crown and mark of royalty. All Sikhs are supposed to stand out in a crowd of thousands. If a Singhnee is without a dastaar, what will distinguish her from any other random woman? How would anyone know that she is a Sikh?

WJKK WJKF

first, ask your parents why its imperetive (sp?) that guys wear a dastaar?

Lol... I've done that but like I said they are pretty sexist. And I'm just getting really tired of arguing with them, imagine how many sins i've committed. It's like we are arguing 24/7, can't start a conversation without arguing.

Hopefully with Guru's Kirpa they'll get over it, after all yeh its a wierd way of looking at this but at least i'm sikhi enough to have these arguments, lol.

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

first, ask your parents why its imperetive (sp?) that guys wear a dastaar?

Lol... I've done that but like I said they are pretty sexist. And I'm just getting really tired of arguing with them, imagine how many sins i've committed. It's like we are arguing 24/7, can't start a conversation without arguing.

Hopefully with Guru's Kirpa they'll get over it, after all yeh its a wierd way of looking at this but at least i'm sikhi enough to have these arguments, lol.

WJKK WJKF

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KE FATEH PENJI OF THE PANTH!

May i commend you for following the Panth of Waheguru even though your parents seem against it. I won't deny it makes my blood boil when parents are against their child from following the path of Waheguru, but usually that's because they ashamed that a child is more religious then they are. Sharam Oundhi....

Parents also like to throw lines like 'But who'll marry a girl who's Amritdhari' etc. I can tell you can find millions of Amritdhari boys. You just need to know where to look. (BTW - Ask them if they'd like you to be a trollop, lets see the reaction shall we)

Have a look at this link and they have pictures too, show that to your parents.

http://www.realsikhism.com/faq/headcovering.html

BTW - Don't argue with them just say Gur Fateh to them everytime they instigate an argument, and they'll soon stop trust me. - If you require further asistance please message me and i'll be more than happy to help :TH:

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KE FATEH