Using Punjabi Bhangra Song Tunes For A Shabad

RajanSingh

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa,

Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Someone gave me a shabad sang by Abinash (it was: satguru nanak pargatiya) and i noticed that the tune was from a bhangra tune, because i used to listen to bhangra (before the person gave me the audio of abinash's shabad) and it was a bhangra tune!!! Once i heard it i thought it was wrong for him to do that (unless it was a coincidence which i very much doubt it was hehe) But then i thought about it properly, i thought if you use the tune for a shabad and it makes you actually think of the song when your singing the shabad then its obviosly wrong, but if you use the tune for a shabad and it doesn't make you think of the song then its ok to do that. But i'm not sure, i'm curious, please tell me what you, the sangat thiknks.....

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa,

Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

post-5593-1161776868.jpg

WJKK WJKF!!!!!!!!

OMG ITS WRONG!!!!!!! My opinion anyways, cos wid these made up tunes, you arent feelin the mood of da shabad! Shabads should be sung in raag!!!!

And you no Joginder Singh's famous simran tune is a hindi tune! Sung by Lata Mangeshkar! Ill try and find it 4 ya guys!!

well if i've heard the tune b4....n i know for sure its a hindi tune or a bhangra tune

of course i wudnt enjoy it

at times i've enjoyed kirtan done wit hindi tunes....without knowing it was hindi tune...hahaha

conclusion: its better not to know whether its a hindi tune or etc

best is if u dunno :D

joginder singh rair 's tunes are always futte chuking :D ( always like cheap punjabi singers )

but one more thing i wud like to say that there are only 7 surs ( sa re ga ma pa dha ni a Sa)

now tunes we make are based on same surs thats why many tunes are very similar to each other.

but using pure bhangra tunes is bad.

lata mangeshkar tunes are nice and slow coz these are old and old songs are good and their tunes cud be modified and used for shabads. but it shud be used like it dnt remember u of the song.

theer are many raags and there is very very less difference between them

if u change or delete a single sur from a raag then it became a new diffreent raag.

so i will say again that using the same tunes and the tunes like bhangra is not gud.

use slow slow calm tunes.

old tunes have some feels in them.

i do agree they have a lot of classcial knowledge, n harwinder is very very talented. BUTH ive heard tons of satwinder's tunes most are from hindi songs.

havent heard this riar person yet grin.gif

joginder singh rair 's tunes are always futte chuking :D ( always like cheap punjabi singers )

yes, many of bhai joginder singh riar's tunes are of bhangra songs, but i think he's great... at first he comes off as a bit of a different style, but his kirtan is amazing... not all of his shabads are copied from bhangra songs... last time i went to india, i bought a lot of his cd's and i really like them....