Rehit?

Guest (no name)

As for comparing myself to Bhai Randhir Singh, so what?

ਜਾਤ ਦੀ ਕੋਹੜ ਕਿਰਲੀ ਛਤੀਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਜੱਫੇ

I highly doubt you are capable of writing a good book that will inspire anyone to take Amrit. You should look at your "scholars" and see what their fate was. In any case, go ahead write a book. I will buy it and read it.

Mr. International, previous posts have made it clear that Naam is the root of Sikhi. Guru Sahib's three basic principles: Naam Japna, Kirat and Van Shakna. Reading Gurbani is important and no one denies that. No one says that reading Gurbani is useless. Gurbani explains and teaches us Who Waheguru is, His qualities, Characteristics and His greatness. When Gurbani says to meditate upon His name it clearly means to Jap Naam which can only be obtained from Satguru roop Panj Pyare. Gurmantar has been part of Amrit Maryada since the beginning. If you are an Amritdhari then clearly you were given Gurmantar. Panj Pyare make it clear that: 1) Read Gurbani as much as possible and 2) Jap Naam (Gurmantar). All respected gursikhs such as Bhai Randhir Singh, Baba Gurbachan Singh, Baba Jarnail Singh, Baba Harnaam Singh, Baba Nand Singh and countless others state in their books that more Bani you read more it inspires you to do naam jap. This is clear from their books and jeevanis.

If Bhatts or anyone else refers to Guru Sahib as Waheguru then it doesn't mean "Waheguru" is the name of Guru Sahib but it simply means that Guru Sahib is roop of Akal Purakh whose name is given to Sikhs as Gurmantar.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਲੈ ਪਿਰਮ ਪਿਆਲਾ ਚੁਪ ਚਲੋਲਾ॥

The Guru's word he receives is Vahiguru, the wondrous Lord, and remains silently immersed in delight.

This makes it clear that Shabad of Guru is "Waheguru".

ਪਉਣ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦ ਹੈ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦ ਸੁਣਾਯਾ॥

ਵੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਅਗੋਚਰਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੁ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਸੁਣਾਯਾ॥

ਹਰਿ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਮੰਤਰ ਅਗੰਮ ਜਗ ਤਾਰਨਹਾਰਾ॥

Thus clear that Guru Sahib revealed the word "Waheguru" which is unique and different from that of vedas and katebas and capable of getting us salvation. You have to prove that concept of Naam does not exist in Sikhi and if there is no naam then why take Amrit? One can easily read Gurbani without becoming Guru Wala and get muktee. Anti-Sikhi forces want to eliminate concept of naam hence eliminating the need to take Amrit. This will ensure that Fauz of Akal Purakh becomes herd of sheep. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know what this khalsa fauj kids problem is, why cant he keep his mouth shut instead of saying crap on forums. pata nai loka nu ki bimari aaj kal. If you are that smart and a grown up go do something valueable not waste time on forums. yeah go ahead write a book, what a dumass haha. Also like u said in one of ur reply's panth is important, to me panth is very important and if i get a chance I can take u down also for good of the panth but u are low level ghagga or whatever u wanna be called so u still got time. Now I know u gonna laugh, khalsa fauj: "hahahahahhah who can take me down, who can ban me from the panth" thats what u will probably say, man u are a educated person but u use ur brain for shitty work then meditating on waheguru's name. Dont try to write those books and stuff to bring the so called sikh panth together, u will harm it more. pata nai taksal deh magar piya. tu houn bol taksal deh ja koi v gursikh deh against tehnu forum tu ban kar dehna.

As for comparing myself to Bhai Randhir Singh, so what?

ਜਾਤ ਦੀ ਕੋਹੜ ਕਿਰਲੀ ਛਤੀਰਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਜੱਫੇ

I highly doubt you are capable of writing a good book that will inspire anyone to take Amrit. You should look at your "scholars" and see what their fate was. In any case, go ahead write a book. I will buy it and read it.

Mr. International, previous posts have made it clear that Naam is the root of Sikhi. Guru Sahib's three basic principles: Naam Japna, Kirat and Van Shakna. Reading Gurbani is important and no one denies that. No one says that reading Gurbani is useless. Gurbani explains and teaches us Who Waheguru is, His qualities, Characteristics and His greatness. When Gurbani says to meditate upon His name it clearly means to Jap Naam which can only be obtained from Satguru roop Panj Pyare. Gurmantar has been part of Amrit Maryada since the beginning. If you are an Amritdhari then clearly you were given Gurmantar. Panj Pyare make it clear that: 1) Read Gurbani as much as possible and 2) Jap Naam (Gurmantar). All respected gursikhs such as Bhai Randhir Singh, Baba Gurbachan Singh, Baba Jarnail Singh, Baba Harnaam Singh, Baba Nand Singh and countless others state in their books that more Bani you read more it inspires you to do naam jap. This is clear from their books and jeevanis.

If Bhatts or anyone else refers to Guru Sahib as Waheguru then it doesn't mean "Waheguru" is the name of Guru Sahib but it simply means that Guru Sahib is roop of Akal Purakh whose name is given to Sikhs as Gurmantar.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਲੈ ਪਿਰਮ ਪਿਆਲਾ ਚੁਪ ਚਲੋਲਾ॥

The Guru's word he receives is Vahiguru, the wondrous Lord, and remains silently immersed in delight.

This makes it clear that Shabad of Guru is "Waheguru".

ਪਉਣ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦ ਹੈ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦ ਸੁਣਾਯਾ॥

ਵੇਦ ਕਤੇਬ ਅਗੋਚਰਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੁ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਸੁਣਾਯਾ॥

ਹਰਿ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਮੰਤਰ ਅਗੰਮ ਜਗ ਤਾਰਨਹਾਰਾ॥

Thus clear that Guru Sahib revealed the word "Waheguru" which is unique and different from that of vedas and katebas and capable of getting us salvation. You have to prove that concept of Naam does not exist in Sikhi and if there is no naam then why take Amrit? One can easily read Gurbani without becoming Guru Wala and get muktee. Anti-Sikhi forces want to eliminate concept of naam hence eliminating the need to take Amrit. This will ensure that Fauz of Akal Purakh becomes herd of sheep. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Mr. Bilja Singh....

I would like to say that Naam is one of the essential roots of sikhi... but our understanding of naam differs...

My understand of naam is Read Gurbani, Understand Gurbani, and lastly live your jeeven according to gurbani and guru shabad... That is naam.... Live your life according to the guru and that is naaam... You will automattically gain mukhtee because in guru sahibs bani it doesnt only explain what akaal purkh is... it also says not to cheat anyone, not to use tabacoo or use other intoxicant, not to get into reitualistic activities and much more.... By this when you live your life according to the shabad of guru sahib you are doing naam jaap... This is NAAM as per my understanding....

Like i said before please show me where it says in Guru granth sahib ji that Wahguru is Naam...

if you say shabad of guru sahib is waheguru... then what about the shabad that guru sahib in gruu granth sahib ji of 1430 panna, 31 raags, bani of bhagats , bhuuts, gursikhs, and guru sahib... so should we just disrigard gurbani... the thing these tactics are ways for us to get away from readin guru sahibs bani.... yes wahguru tha jaap should be done in the morning to get your mind started... but people who do it for hours and hours which is considered totta rattan...

Either dismisss prof sahib singhs aarth... and consider yourself right... and some people are gonna say prof sahib singh is pseudo scholar or put some other name beside him.... please get rid of your ego and open your eyes!!!

GIAN AANJAAN GUR THEEYA

Guru sahib gave us Gian!!!!!! So use it!!!!!!

Fateh

Simple question Khalsa Fauj: Sikh Rehit Maryada says that naam is the word “Vahiguru” do you accept this or not?

International Akaali,

Naam is gupt in Gurbani. Gurbani does updesh of doing naam and repeating Gurmantar but nowhere does it explicitly say “this is Gurmantar”. This is because of the nature of Gurmantar. To get this daat the abhilakhi must get deekhya from the Guru first. When deekhya is given, the Guru puts his hand on the abhilakhis head and blesses him/her with naam.

Gupt naam is revealed only at the time of deekhyaa.

ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਕਲਜੁਗਿ ਪਦੁ ਊਤਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਮਾਝਾ ॥

ਹਉ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਅਪੁਨੇ ਜਿਨਿ ਗੁਪਤੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਝਾ ॥੨॥

That’s why Gurbani contains bentis and ardaas like “ਮੇਰੇ ਮੀਤ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਰਗਾਸਿ ॥“

If naam were open or if it was Gurbani why would there be any need to do a benti like this?

Only Guru Sahib can give Gurmantar/naam.

Bhai Gurdas has however made it clear that the word “Vahiguru” is Gurmantar in his vaaran.

I’m not going to repeat this discussion with you again, but it has already been discussed and shown how naam and Gurbani are treated as two different things. An example is

ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਰਤੀ ਜਗ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਇਸੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਤੇ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਾਇਦਾ ॥੩॥

By reading Bani the abhilkahi gets the desire to get naam and find out naam from Satugur. Nowhere in bani is it written that “Gurbani is naam”.

No one is saying not to read bani. That is essential. But this goes hand in hand with naam jap. The more bani we read the more naam we can jap.

But it is clear in so many sources that Vahiguru is the Gurmantar and naam. It is only Kala Afghana and his followers who have for the first time said that there is no naam except Gurbani. Bhai Gurdas and rehitnamas and even the Sikh Rehit Maryada are clear that naam is Gurmantar and that is “Vahiguru” which is obtained at the time of Gur deekhyaa or Amrit Sinchaar.

My question to both Khalsa Fauj and International Akaali is do you believe in and follow the Sikh Rehit Maryada? If so, then you MUST accept that the word “Vahiguru” is naam.

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH !!

International Akali,

How do you say its totta rattan ?? You are saying for you gurbani is naam...and if you keep on reciting gurbani all the time..doesn't dat qualify as totta rattan ??? People do nitnem...its the same 5 banis...isn't that totta rattan, if we go according to your theories ???

and if someone japs naam for a longer time..why is that you have a problem with that ??

You guys don't wanna do naam simran for hours..don't..is anyone forcing you ?? NO

and if someone is doing naam simran...you are no one to stop them...are you ?? as far as i know the people who do naam simran for hours spend as much time on gurbani aswell. and we are no where close to them...are we ??

So just tell what exactly is the problem ?? Is attacking somone when he hasn't done no misdeed .... Does SIKHI or SGGS teach that ???

I don't have the knowledge to be in this debate, so don't mistake me for interfering, just wanna share a recent experience.

today, i decided to go back to the old school, and listen to a Mohinder Singh SDO tape off his interesting little site....

tape #2, you can hear him say "Vaheguru Gursabad HAi, Jap Haumai Khoee".....that's right...he said "GURSABAD"...i was pretty dshocked...he says it very clearly, as if it's a katha.. and it's from his days in the jatha...cuz i'm pretty sure i can hear Chani Ji..

and i thought of this topic...... with the whole discussion about naam and gurmantar and so on....just thought i'd mention it..not really a contribution to the debate, so apologies..but just thought i'd mention it..

What was Bhai Randhir Singh looking for from naked sadhu as written in his book?

have u even read Bhai Sahib's autobiogrpahy where he talks bout this incident? if not, id suggest u go read it before u start talking about things u have no idea about. if u have, i suggest u go read it again, bcuz you obviously hav no clu.