Nitnem Recited Too Fast?

Guest 626

Recently i have come across recorded ntinem taksal style which has been speeded up, i was wondering is this right??? This kind of nitnem can be found on the BOSS site?? I listened to it and sometimes u can't even hear the bani recited! this is especially the case for jaap sahib which has been speeded up to 10 mins.................................. Whats the sangats view on this????

I have listened to the same recordings you reffer to, and agree it would be hard to understand what was being said unless you are very familiar with the bani.

However, if you are familiar with Jaap Sahib as per teh example you use, I think you can quite adequately understand what is being spoken, although the speed does not allow for much thinking/interpretaion time.

I don't think this is ideal, but I guess it might work for some people, but the best advice is if you don't agree with it, or it doesn't work for you, the find a version you are more comfortable listening to. Personally, I would suggest the one done by one of the Jago Vale guys ftaht can be found on www.ektaone.com

If you are very familiar with the Bani or know it Kanth then to follow Gurbani being recited fast is no problem. If you are unfamiliar with the Bani and do not know it then obviously it will be difficult to follow and you shoud listen to it slowly which will help you learn it.

i dont think the speed is the important factor, its your tyaan. if ur mind is focused then its fine. personally i prefer it slower as i find it easier to focus. i think it was i know some singhs that can read a japji sahib in lyk less than 2 minutes!! like sarbloh warrior sed, it depends on your avastha!