This Sounds Embarassing

Big deal though, you will never truly understand the real meaning of gurbani without reading it, how it was originally written. But i can tell as it's not your language it may be hard learning it, but that doesn't mean you don't try, and change the whole meaning of it. Say I don't want to learn it, don't say it's not necessary to learn it. Use more I, than generalizing rules or setting out "what should be done"

If someone asks you something, use I do this, I do that, not, We should, we are not always right, if you are doing something that is acceptable by majority you can say we, but if majority says we should learn gurmukhi, then say I think we shouldn't . (I am refering to the other topic started a few days ago that asks if its necessary or not most ppl said it is/should be learned)

Interesting, and what it someone is not part of that majority? Just because the majority of sikhs are punjabi, doesnt mean everyone else entering sikhi from other backgrounds has to be like them. Of course, i guess if your part of the majority, you would never know what it feels like to enter sikhi and be a minority in a sea cold people. It's called ethnocentracism...get over it.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Big deal though, you will never truly understand the real meaning of gurbani without reading it, how it was originally written. But i can tell as it's not your language it may be hard learning it, but that doesn't mean you don't try, and change the whole meaning of it. Say I don't want to learn it, don't say it's not necessary to learn it. Use more I, than generalizing rules or setting out "what should be done"

If someone asks you something, use I do this, I do that, not, We should, we are not always right, if you are doing something that is acceptable by majority you can say we, but if majority says we should learn gurmukhi, then say I think we shouldn't . (I am refering to the other topic started a few days ago that asks if its necessary or not most ppl said it is/should be learned)

Interesting, and what it someone is not part of that majority? Just because the majority of sikhs are punjabi, doesnt mean everyone else entering sikhi from other backgrounds has to be like them. Of course, i guess if your part of the majority, you would never know what it feels like to enter sikhi and be a minority in a sea cold people. It's called ethnocentracism...get over it.

What a girl. Whinning about being a lazy sikh :D

lol, i guess this means your are denying the problem? :@

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

lol, i guess this means your are denying the problem? :@

Sure there rolleyes.gif If you are insecure then you will whine about the things you complain about <_<