Vote For Monty

Bundha

Dear Sangat Ji

Go to BBC website (see link) select sports and follow link for Sports personality of 2006 and tap in Monty Panesar, as your nominee.

Lets back the Monty, as it would be great to see him in top 10 and would be a great role model for the Sikh youth.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_rad...ear/6080190.stm

Kind Regards

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You may think he is a prat, but the man is a Sikh and I would rather see a Sikh get an award then the other muslla that plays for England, because you can be absolutely sure that the musllay will be voting for their man in droves.

VJKK VJKF

No thanks!!!!!!!! manz a PRAT!

VJKK VJKF!

be strategically correct bruv...at the end of the day the man is associated by the media as being a Sikh....we need to take advantage of raising the profile a bit....ok the man's follows a funny looking baba....maybe monty does more nitnem than me, i dont care....fact is the man looks like a Sikh and says he is a sikh (which we also say we are)... ok the man dont fit our akj or taksali profile of a sikh.....but we can use that to our advantage....

sometime we gotta get our heads out of our backsides and look at the bigger picture....we aint no mahapurashs ourselves....

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

1st of all dnt call him sikh cuz he belives in sum next baba! & voting wise I would vote for a person who has made a improvement 2 sports! i I would vote on sporting personallity, not because he is also apna!loooool!

VJKK VJKF!

VJKK VJKF

1st of all dnt call him sikh cuz he belives in sum next baba! & voting wise I would vote for a person who has made a improvement 2 sports! i I would vote on sporting personallity, not because he is also apna!loooool!

VJKK VJKF!

he's improved the profile of british born spin bowlers...he keeps his kes....there's some positives there...just cos the man dont come to rehansabhais dont give us the right to attack his sikhi...what gives us the right to call oursleves sikhs.....what cos we jump on coaches or hang around the right gurdwaras....geeza look at the bigger picture....get out of the jatha once in a while...

VJKK VJKF

VJKK VJKF!

If everybody started thinking like that, then our panth never could move fwd in western soceity because lack of support from fellow sikhs.

For example: I strongly disagree, and dislike black and white sikhi, sharia sikhi that modern day jatha's follows so much so that i m "fanatically" against mindset they follow, BUT i m not against them personally, i think they are delluded misguided sikhs..however, that doesnt stop me to support them of what they doing in western soceity circle.

Monty may follow pseduo sant but that doesnt make him a criminal or a person who doesnt deserve our support on a wider issue (especially when it comes to western soceity).. it just makes him misguided...we can pray or pity for him..that's all we can do..but to feel hatred towards him on a personal level and rejecting support for him on a wider scale( western real world) is direct contradiction to the ardas we do everyday- Nanak naam chardi-kalah terai bhanaie sarbat da bhalla.

Guest Bass Singh

Some positves there yeh i agree tottaly! but when people start gettin in 2 the nitty gritty aboiut him like the media, they will think that this is what sikhi is and sikhs already dnt get enough coverage in the media as it is and will portrayed wrong! AGAIN!

As Sikhs there is far more that unites us then divides us, but we always seem to focus on the divisions, seems to be in the Sikh psyche.

If we start looking for 'proper' Sikhs then no one is poora, we all have our faults.

Monty may not be to everyones taste but if he were to get up and receive the award he would be a keshdhari Sikh and as such a good image for the whole nation to see.

At least he is not a clean shaven moorakh, the general public is not going to look deep into his makeup and say he as done this that or the other, all they will see is a sikh winning an award, which is good for all of us.

So put aside your petty differences and stop being a prat and vote for Monty!