Vote For Monty

Bundha

Waheguru Ji Ka khalsa Waheguru Ji ki fateh

I hardly ever post unless I have something worthwhile to add. And in this case I think I do. I agree with both sides of this debate to an extent. I mean if voting for him gets the image of sikhi up that is so sorely needed then maybe we should. Notice how i added that maybe in there. At the same time I don't think you all should attack Bass singh because he doesn't want to vote for him. You guys are stating things like oh so what if he follows his own style of sikhi so matter of factly.

Guys you need realize who this so called baba is he he follows. "As Sikhs there is far more that unites us then divides us, but we always seem to focus on the divisions, seems to be in the Sikh psyche. " I agree with this statement about us being divided but in the case of monty i don't think the issue as simple as uniting and dividing. Listen the guy follows a sant who monty thinks is cool cause they eat KFC for langar at his dera in edmonton. I don't know if any of you have even read that article about "monty's Guru".

Well I did and i was shocked. Its not the case of like pyara said "just cos the man dont come to rehansabhais dont give us the right to attack his sikhi". Its not as simple as him not coming reinsabhais, its about him calling this fake baba his guru. This baba's list of wrong doings is very long. He has been charged, CHARGED nto accused but actually charged under the canadian law for DRINKING AND DRIVING TWICE. He has been accused by his own previous followers of stealing money in donations some of which he made a huge mansion with in b.c and some of which he spent in VEGAS. Yeah this is the type of hereo monty follows. Give me a break.

Its interesting that no one in alberta or even canada has raised their voice against this proven mahant, but the same ppl who live in the same province and country as this fake sant raised their voices loudest when baba ranjit singh came down. Makes me sad at the intentions of these so called heroes who crusade against one person who in reality maybe made one mistake to which he apologized for numerous times, but the same ppl can't be bothered with a real proven pakhandi baba who has and contiues to lead ppl astray. Makes ya think. Anways my two cents. If anyone responds to this post plz do it in a polite manner.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

drawrof, I agree with you. We should focus on his good qualities and get a Sikh up thier to pick up the award.

Quest4Akal, I take your points. I do not know about this baba, but if the KFC and drinking are true, then truly he is no Baba. Maybe Monty needs to be confronted and asked if he is an amritdhari (not sure if he is) then why the KFC and drinking !

But, I still maintain we should all vote for a Sikh. I would rather have a sikh up there then the musllman, anyday. At the end of the day the general public is not interested what strand of Sikhism he follows, the drinking and the meat is wrong and I condemn it, but we should tackle this a different way.

Waheguru Ji Ka khalsa Waheguru Ji ki fateh

I hardly ever post unless I have something worthwhile to add. And in this case I think I do. I agree with both sides of this debate to an extent. I mean if voting for him gets the image of sikhi up that is so sorely needed then maybe we should. Notice how i added that maybe in there. At the same time I don't think you all should attack Bass singh because he doesn't want to vote for him. You guys are stating things like oh so what if he follows his own style of sikhi so matter of factly.

Guys you need realize who this so called baba is he he follows. "As Sikhs there is far more that unites us then divides us, but we always seem to focus on the divisions, seems to be in the Sikh psyche. " I agree with this statement about us being divided but in the case of monty i don't think the issue as simple as uniting and dividing. Listen the guy follows a sant who monty thinks is cool cause they eat KFC for langar at his dera in edmonton. I don't know if any of you have even read that article about "monty's Guru".

Well I did and i was shocked. Its not the case of like pyara said "just cos the man dont come to rehansabhais dont give us the right to attack his sikhi". Its not as simple as him not coming reinsabhais, its about him calling this fake baba his guru. This baba's list of wrong doings is very long. He has been charged, CHARGED nto accused but actually charged under the canadian law for DRINKING AND DRIVING TWICE. He has been accused by his own previous followers of stealing money in donations some of which he made a huge mansion with in b.c and some of which he spent in VEGAS. Yeah this is the type of hereo monty follows. Give me a break.

Its interesting that no one in alberta or even canada has raised their voice against this proven mahant, but the same ppl who live in the same province and country as this fake sant raised their voices loudest when baba ranjit singh came down. Makes me sad at the intentions of these so called heroes who crusade against one person who in reality maybe made one mistake to which he apologized for numerous times, but the same ppl can't be bothered with a real proven pakhandi baba who has and contiues to lead ppl astray. Makes ya think. Anways my two cents. If anyone responds to this post plz do it in a polite manner.

we are basing our assuptions on monty based on a daily mail news article.....i dont know how much monty follows the baba.... how much of the artcile is just bog standard sensationalisation.....does anyone personally know monty on this forum.....have we allowed the man to have his say....

all i know is that monty is a kesdhari, does not drink, smoke or eat meat.....i dont know anything about his level of bhagti....but i know that i have no level of sikhi myself.....

drawrof, I agree with you. We should focus on his good qualities and get a Sikh up thier to pick up the award.

Quest4Akal, I take your points. I do not know about this baba, but if the KFC and drinking are true, then truly he is no Baba. Maybe Monty needs to be confronted and asked if he is an amritdhari (not sure if he is) then why the KFC and drinking !

But, I still maintain we should all vote for a Sikh. I would rather have a sikh up there then the musllman, anyday. At the end of the day the general public is not interested what strand of Sikhism he follows, the drinking and the meat is wrong and I condemn it, but we should tackle this a different way.

I agree fully with veer ji here.

VJKK VJKFNo thanks!!!!!!!! manz a PRAT!VJKK VJKF!

lol if an outsider sees this thread they would be lyk "what a bunch of prats"

I dont know whether to laff or bliming CRY. We cant even agree to vote for a Sikh.

If everybody started thinking like that, then our panth never could move fwd in western soceity because lack of support from fellow sikhs.

2 late already happening now.

THis thread proves how pathetic we really are as a Kaum.

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

I think Monty is a good sportsman man!id vote 4 his sportsmanship but in his personal life in terms of his sikhi, I dnt think its sikhi tell ya truth specially the KFC tings!!!!!!!!!!!

VJKK VJKF!

VJKK VJKF

I think Monty is a good sportsman man!id vote 4 his sportsmanship but in his personal life in terms of his sikhi, I dnt think its sikhi tell ya truth specially the KFC tings!!!!!!!!!!!

VJKK VJKF!

one thing i learnt since ive been posting on forums....never always believe what u read in the media until u have got first had information....

mybe singhs who have a low opinion of monty should just have it out with the man and ask him face to face about his sikhi....jumping to conclusions based on what we read in the papers aint gonna prove anything...the internet khalsa of today are too fast in believing what external people say.....how do we know whose sikhi is better than whose...has guru ji give u the gift to see that your sikhi is better than next mans...too many low opinions of people nowaday.....we all think we r some kind of elite group........

Guys, if we don’t get behind Monty then who are we going to get behind? Which personality sports, literary or mediawise is there?

How long do we wait until another Sikh comes our way, And then will we condemn him if he has a trimmed beard or wears a pagg with mandi on it or his pagg is African style or his muchaa are drooped downwards or upwards???? ?

In which case, we will condemn each and everyone. Have you noticed how the musallmans very rarely condemn their own, even though they may be guilty as hell. You have clerics and imams spreading hatred but the people will never condemn them. On the other hand we will condemn our own first and ask questions later.

Can you believe, at an interfaith convention where our Sikh delegations were invited, before they could reach the place where the convention was to taking place, some of our very enlightened Sikhs had already emailed ahead saying these people do not represent the Sikh faith, what kind of impression must other people have of us.

In another gathering, our Singh delegation couldn’t even agree on the 5K’s for god sake! Half said it included Kase, the other half disagreed and said it was keski, what must the other faiths think of us that we cannot even agree on the most fundamental parts of our beliefs.

BTW, they explained with glee that they had compromised and said the fifth K was "Kase WITH keski" , making the 5k's into 6k's............. nice one guys!