Candlelit Vigils

kuljeet

THERE WAS ABOUT 20-30 PEOPLE PRESENT AT THE LONDON VIGIL. THIS IS SHAMEFUL.

I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY WHATS THE POINT, AND IT DOESNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

BUT JUST FOR A MOMENT IMAGINE IT WAS YOUR SISTER OR MUM WHO WAS RAPED, OR YOUR BROTHER OR DAD WHO WAS BURNED ALIVE.

WOULD YOU SAY THE SAME?

WE ALSO NEED TO LOOK AT OTHER IDEAS. DOING JUST A VIGIL IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. THE FACT THAT WE CANT EVEN TURN UP TO THE ONLY THING WE DO IS EVEN WORSE.

THERE WAS ABOUT 20-30 PEOPLE PRESENT AT THE LONDON VIGIL. THIS IS SHAMEFUL.

I KNOW ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY WHATS THE POINT, AND IT DOESNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

BUT JUST FOR A MOMENT IMAGINE IT WAS YOUR SISTER OR MUM WHO WAS RAPED, OR YOUR BROTHER OR DAD WHO WAS BURNED ALIVE.

WOULD YOU SAY THE SAME?

WE ALSO NEED TO LOOK AT OTHER IDEAS. DOING JUST A VIGIL IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. THE FACT THAT WE CANT EVEN TURN UP TO THE ONLY THING WE DO IS EVEN WORSE.

why do u light a candle. is that a christian or sikh thing. shouldnt we do more paath becuz the candle flame dont stay lit 4ever . we were better havin rehansabhais at least we are being better sikhs cuz thats why urr sisters and dads died. lightin a candle is a wierd gesture, its a gora thing 2 do.

jus cuz people dont turn up to marchs and vigils dont mean what happened in 84 dont effect them. i think thres better thnings 2 do which improve ur sikhi.

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF

At the birmingham Candlelight vigil, saome goreh came and actually found out what happened in 84 which they never new, that is parchar, they walked past and learnt something, thats kirpa man!!!!!!

We should do rainsbhais but we are only targeting our own community, we need 2 start telling other comunitys about it so they knwo the truth!

VJKK VJKF!

VJKK VJKF

At the birmingham Candlelight vigil, saome goreh came and actually found out what happened in 84 which they never new, that is parchar, they walked past and learnt something, thats kirpa man!!!!!!

We should do rainsbhais but we are only targeting our own community, we need 2 start telling other comunitys about it so they knwo the truth!

VJKK VJKF!

wat if we did a kirtan programe in the open insted of lighting candles. we get cussed by hardcoer singhs for lighting divas in the gurdwara on diwali but the same hardcore singhs light candles instead. goray r just being polite. so u inform a gora about 84, den whats he goin 2 do 4 us, get khalistan. its sikhs dat need to know about wat happened not goray. no one comes 2 my gurdwara to talk about 84, instead people r more worried about a box of matches and a candle stik 2 impres goray.

VJKK VJKF

I partly agree with u, but still parchar 2 other communites helps them understand the reason why we need our own homeland!

VJKK VJKF

ok. i understand a bit. but first we need to convince our own sikhs why dey need to fight for a homeland and what happened in 84. den more people might decide to come to light candles. at da moments most sikhs dont know enuf about what happened. so dey dont come. my gurdwara had no posters, only da khalistani gurdwara promote dis and thats not even done properly. u got 2 make sikhs interested first, dey got 2 be convinced y dey need to light candles specially wen da same singhs tell dem not to light diwas on diwali.

Its raising awareness... Politics is the battle ground nowadays and we have to use tact to raise awareness.

If anyone does have any good ideas as to how we can raise awareness sensibly and seriously, then contact the Sikh Federation or Young Sikhs uk and help in these things...!

Birminghams vigil was good. Maybe not a mass turnout by our community, but parchaar was still done, ardaas was done, awareness was raised and its better than sitting on our butts moaning about why no one recognises the sacrifice of thousands in the 1970's onwards...

VJKK VJKF

I partly agree with u, but still parchar 2 other communites helps them understand the reason why we need our own homeland!

VJKK VJKF

ok. i understand a bit. but first we need to convince our own sikhs why dey need to fight for a homeland and what happened in 84. den more people might decide to come to light candles. at da moments most sikhs dont know enuf about what happened. so dey dont come. my gurdwara had no posters, only da khalistani gurdwara promote dis and thats not even done properly. u got 2 make sikhs interested first, dey got 2 be convinced y dey need to light candles specially wen da same singhs tell dem not to light diwas on diwali.

I think there are ENOUGH passionate Sikhs around that can drive the cause for Khalistan - you cant please everyone and you cant convince everyone. I think theres enough parchaar on 84 about there and enough documents, literature, websites, campaigns produced for people to educate themselves on and enough to convince them as well but theres only so much you can do before dictating to people. They have to take the step to educate themselves as well and if they dont want to... what else can you do?

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ke fateh

its all good lighting candels and doing parchar but the fact is have have failed to help the families of the shaheeds they continue to suffer

wat has happened to the families. did ne1 look after them then. i thought the khalistani gurdwaras sent money to the families and support dem.

if not den its pretty sad, cos all the candles in da world cannot feed the families

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
lightin a candle is a wierd gesture, its a gora thing 2 do.

I never have lit a candle for a ritual purpose ever in my life, so redirect your statement in another derogatory manner. :TH:

Reading and contemplating Gurbani should be the candle people are looking for.

If tying a thread on someones wrist is futile then so is lighting a candle.

Qwvr iQru kir rwKY soie ] joiq dI vtI Gt mih joie ]

bwhir BIqir BieAw pRgwsu ]

qb hUAw sgl krm kw nwsu ]7]