Weird Nightmares When Going To Sleep After Amrit Vela

4givme4mysins

3) I read somewhere about the 4 stages of mind. Is dream/nightmare happen only in "Supan" stage? What happen in "Jagrat", "Sukopat" and "Turiya" stage?

excellent question,

your answer could be find under this thread see question 6) and 7) 9)

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=19073

a) Jagrath Avastha: The first avastha is when the mind is interacting with sensory information and fully alert.

b) Supun Avastha: When our mind senses are generally less active, but the mind is still projecting images and experience in sleep. For example: One claims expereinces (good or bad) in dream.

C) Sukhopat Avastha: the third is dreamless sleep, when the mind is not active but is really more akin to non-consciousness. For example: One claims that I got great sleep that i didn't even get a dream.

7. When this being in supan avastha, he/she claims that they saw a dream and when this being in sukhopat avastha- he/she claims that they got great sleep and did not get any dream.

Question then arises: Who gives the knowledge of one's consciouness/alert mode in supan and sukhopat, jagrath avastha? Behind all three, it's atma who gives knowledge and energy to our mind and three states(avastha).

In dream there is no asthohol(solid) elements nor there is asthohol sirar(body) nor there is asthohol karam(solid karam) For example- If someone claims that they have eaten their meal in dream yet still claims that they are hungry their body needs food. In reality, in the dream person only expereinces thought of eating roti not eating the actual roti. In dream one sees amoorat(without physical solid element) but only a thought/imagination dream. Atma transforms that thought/imagination in a dream state to awake state(jagrath state). That's why right after we get up, we still remember the dream depend on how strong our thought/imagination is in dream state.

9. Turiya Avastha: Turiya is beyond all three states discussed earlier- Jagrath, Supan, Sukhopat and is one of pure consciousness. God is visible everywhere looks upon himself distinct and orginal to deeper spiritual knowledege. This is seventh phase of knowledge called Turia. Knowner of the Divine Being is always imbued with his own soul the pure being and lives in him. This state is when one see's Vahiguroo in everyone, in everything.

In this State, one sees Vahiguroo even being back and forth in three states.

- One see Vahiguroo when being in Jagrath Avastha (when the mind is interacting with sensory information and fully alert).

- One see Vahiguroo when being in Supun Avastha(dream state going through subtle expereinces).

- One see Vahiguroo when being in Sukhopat Avastha( dreamless sleep, non-consciouness however after waking through the energy of atma knows that one was non-consciouness).

This being starts with jiv atma because of ego, in this state, jiv gets destroyed, only atma exist which is paratama as soon as this being realize that he is not body, jiv but part of Vahiguroo.`

Atma Paratama Iko Karaie, Antar Ki Dubta Antar Maraie

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes..thank you papi..

it is true that dreams can be used by the guru sahib to shower his grace and help cut our karmic balances...

we can see this happening at guru gobind singh ji's time..when one raja lost faith in the guru because he heard a specific gurbani line and he thought that what use is having a guru if i have to pay up for my karma anyway...

that night when he slept he went through many different lives of being born again and again...

and the next morning he went to guru sahib..and guru sahib explained what had happened and he realized the power of GURPARSAD...

note to pritam khalsa....we acknowledge that you have faith in sikhi and are enthusiastic...but please REFRAIN from giving such DEFINITIVE comments when you haven't read the ithaas fully to know what is and isn't possible....it's more than okay to give your thoughts on the subject...but to project them as facts is harmful for others who are reading as well as you for misguiding others....

Wjkkjwkp!

perfect explanation, do Keertan Sohillaa when you go back to sleep, make sure this includes Rakhiyaa De Shabad, and do Ardaas, make sure that you do this facing your pillow and do ardas full, do not get up off your bed after this, dont drink eat or speak, just do Simran until you fall asleep

wjkkwjkp!

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
make sure that you do this facing your pillow

What logical reason is it that you face your pillow?????????????

A pillow has nothing to do with paath or anything.

This I find pointless and absurd.

Wjkkjwkp!

perfect explanation, do Keertan Sohillaa when you go back to sleep, make sure this includes Rakhiyaa De Shabad, and do Ardaas, make sure that you do this facing your pillow and do ardas full, do not get up off your bed after this, dont drink eat or speak, just do Simran until you fall asleep

wjkkwjkp!

please explain the reasoning behind this. this strikes me as being really odd grin.gif

• 3 months later...