Human Being Or A Book?

Lonely Soldier

i have come across many people claimnig the guru granth sahib to be a living human??

my questions is how is it a living human being??

another question why do you put a book 2 sleep??

also about guru nanak dev ji? some say god hismelf came down in the form of guru nanank but i thoguht sikhism does not belive in such thing? instead guru nanak was a brahmgyani? someone who as realized god? which any 1 can do?

i do not intend to offend any one just was wodnering if someone could explain this to me

Look beyond your eyes.

Not everythings black and white. Many normal people will see Guru Jee as a book and therefore find sukhaasan etc ritualistic. But those who have done true Bhagti.. who are "beyond" normal... will see Guru Jee as something different. They will see an embodiment, and not a book. They have realised the True Guru. They will see a Truer form. but for us, who are not at that stage, all our paapi minds can see is a "book". This is our own doing. You need to get to a higher lev, do more bhagti, naam Bani, simran to get closer to Guru Jee who will show you His True Form. If you are not prepared to do that, then you should not raise this topic.

Guru Nanak Dev Jee... "AAP NARAYAN KALAA TAAR JAG MEIN PARVARIYO..." God used His own great Power to come into this world via Guru Nanak Dev Jee. Guru Nanak Dev Jee had the light in Him. But he was not different from you or I in that sense. Because we all have the Light within us. The difference was that Guru Nanak Dev Jee had found the light... he found the SOURCE of the Light. He basked in the Light His entire life. We have that light in us but we are caught up in a Dark age... we cant even see a single ray of light, never mind finding the Source.

Forgive my many mistakes...

well said nama singh ji :TH:

humans are stuck with 5 evils, karam n etc....we r here due to our sin.....we hav no choice

guru sahib came to do udhaar

guru sahib is beyond all tat

guru sahib is

agamm (out of the reach of the mind)

agochar(out of the reach of the senses)

those who treats guru sahib as a book will hav a life like a book as well

I do find a few select uneducated folks annoying, when they treat SGGS as a human being. - Guru Granth Sahib ji does not require food or drink or even a bed. This is hindu/bramical thought creeped into Sikhi, this isn't what happend in the Guru's times and it SURE SHOULDN'T HAPPEN NOW!!

I do find a few select uneducated folks annoying, when they treat SGGS as a human being. - Guru Granth Sahib ji does not require food or drink or even a bed. This is hindu/bramical thought creeped into Sikhi, this isn't what happend in the Guru's times and it SURE SHOULDN'T HAPPEN NOW!!

Please explain to us in an educated way pyario :D

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Osme say sukh asan/prakash is ritualistic. That would mean anytime anyone reads their scriptures it is a ritual?? Guru Granth is very special enough to seat Guru Sahib on a throne with rumallas because we have the upmost respect to the Sikh scrpitures more than any other religion. We treat GuruJi as the original "Declaration of Indepedence" etc. Not only is that document hidden from society it is in a million pound vault, security guarded etc. So if that document wasnt as important then it would be shown in museums and eventual somehow mistakenly/accidently damaged enough to need to retire it forever only to be seen in pictures etc. Guru Sahib is somewhat the same. We have Guruji in a heavenly vault or Sach Khand at the Gurdwara. We keep GuruJi guarded or have Sevaks and Granthis. We display GuruJi for sangat to have darshan, and have SGGS like in a glass case or fine rumallas. The difference is GuruJi is for the entire world, and not only for certain people. SOme say there is only certain people that can have Guru Sahib, which in a way is true but really anyone who loves Guru Sahib is that "certain people" which any human has that abilty to be that "certain person" just some choose to live a manmat life instead of constant advice from GuruJi. We ask GuruJi to teach us the way that GuruJi went. We pray for knowledge or discipline to learn more and not materialistic things. The knowledge of God/brahm gyian is worth more than any material object, which Guru Sahib never endingly gives to anyone begging for blessing, but only those that beg, receive and maintain that blessing are the ones that you see flocking to Guru Sahib.

The reason why we prakash Guru Sahib in that manner is because for one the bir is a huge volume, do you ever see a granth nowdays that you actually read through that is that thick???? So proper care to be able to read the bir in the future is very important, so to insure that people dont ruin the bir we have a certain way to reverently install GuruJi for the day or time opened. When we read to Sangat , we dont want certain granthis only teaching certain tuks and shabads that we randomly open GuruJi and read the hukamnama from the top left hand side of the Ang. If a granthi had too limited of knowledge they would be prone to reading only certain rags etc. Also you would have people that dont like to give themselves a challenge so they would skip cetain tuks so they looked more knowledgable. We Sikhs take the best care of our way of life and way of talking with Guru, but you talk with Guru telepathically, and when you recite GuruJi is literally speaking to anyone who hears. Gurbani isnt just ink on a page in a certain shape. Gurbani is the sound of exstasy flowing from the mouth of a Gurmukh. If you beg for the Sikhi dhan then even if you read Gurbani for two seconds you are transformed into a Gurmukh for that 2 seconds then it wears off unless you continue to charge it up, we do matha tek to recharge that divine blessing, and to activate that brain wave for present and future purposes. ONce you are so ingrossed in Gurbani you are at the level you want then you should be capable of being granthi even if you dont actuall become Granthi at the Gurughar, but at home or when you want to recite SGGS where ever GuruJi is residing. We treat the original SGGS (oldest current original) with a little more respect because it is original but all volumes of Guru Granth are the same. Unlike the U.S government document I explain above only the original hold weight. The rest are copies which can be mailed, hung up for more to see and passed around for people to inspect.

If we were to take Gurbani with us it is in the form of a gutkey. The Gutkey is there to compile the daily banis into a book that you can take anywhere, because GuruJi can only be installed in a clean place, with Manji Sahib, Chaar and chandoa then all the other ettiquette has to be properly done. While a gutkey needs to be wrapped in a clean cloth when not being read, barefeet and head covered like we do in front of the Gurubani within SGGS Ji.

If some say ritual, we say very upmost respect without illogical reasons or going overboard with it. All religions have some set way of doing things that can easily be called a ritual by any atheists or anti-religious group or person. I could say they ritually do the national anthem at all professional sports games, it is a respectful thing to do before they start a game so they do it. All the ceremony in Sikhi is logical because GuruJi has thrown out all that is not logical or beneficial.

I might have left out a few things or so but I think youll understand what I am implying here. It is the best way to describe by typing. When I have a conversation about this in person I can explain tons of examples and can explain better in depth, thats what sux about typing is you cant capture the meaning as deep as you want without busting out with a thesarus and dictionary. Have fun :D

"Love the life you live, Live the life you love". (midnite)

Yes, GuruJi needs no food or drink.

Guru Arjan himself set the way to treat Guru Sahib. Guru Arjan Dev was the 5th Guru so what do you mean it didnt happen in Gurus time rolleyes.gif There were 5 Gurus that followed Guru Arjan and they all respected the way set out by the 5th Nanak.

Did you know Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj gave up HIS BED to let the Adi Granth on HIS VERY OWN BED.

Manmat has filled your mind brother, pay more attention to Sikhi before your UNEDUCATED SPOUTS.

can u pls explain wat u meant here by

~~Guru Granth Sahib ji does not require food or drink or even a bed.~~