Is There A God

g-singh

Guest s133k_s1kh

This was the only example i could think of to prove the existence of god .

I know Gurbani can do anything.. I guess you didn't like the title of the article... its just comes to how you interpret things.

You thought about it differently and i just analyzed it as the power of GURBANI.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to the initial question...

"is there a God"?

The first line in Guru Granth Sahib answers that

"ik oa(n)kaar".... There is one and only ONE God... One Universal Creator God

Anymore questions??

This is one thing that must be eliminated when debating these topics.

The use of "religious/sacred" texts. Because the Guru Granth Sahib states "There is only ONE God" does NOT prove God's existance.

There are many books that other people hold religiously and very sacred that state the exact opposite.

Which one is true? You must prove it. Random quotes from gurbani, the bible, and quran are useless in proving God's existance because the person quoting obviously already holds the sacred book as the ultimate truth, but that does not mean every individual agrees.

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH !!

natsilahk..did you read this article ?? it seems you just ignored that post.

http://www.pingalwaraonline.org/articles/art_gurbani.htm << a small example of what gurbani (GOD) can do and Gurbani is not just limited to curing diseases.

if you did, i would like to know your thoughts about the above article.

" GOD is unknowable, unapproachable, and unfathomable; only those can know HIM whom HE choses to reveal HIMSELF"

i don't think anymore explanations are needed. as Papi said you really are out of luck bai.

GURU SAHAI !!

Going back to the initial question...

"is there a God"?

The first line in Guru Granth Sahib answers that

"ik oa(n)kaar".... There is one and only ONE God... One Universal Creator God

Anymore questions??

This is one thing that must be eliminated when debating these topics.

The use of "religious/sacred" texts. Because the Guru Granth Sahib states "There is only ONE God" does NOT prove God's existance.

There are many books that other people hold religiously and very sacred that state the exact opposite.

Which one is true? You must prove it. Random quotes from gurbani, the bible, and quran are useless in proving God's existance because the person quoting obviously already holds the sacred book as the ultimate truth, but that does not mean every individual agrees.

LOL, haha, eliminate sacred texts in debates? god bless u

Papi - And i think its you guys who need to catch up on the science and let your monotheistic beliefs behind. Religion needs to catch up to science, not the other way. =)

s1eek_sikh - Sorry, I did not mean to ignore your post before, I just hadn't read it. I hardly have as much time these days with exams. As for the article, "Gurbani cures cancer"....is laughable. There is no proof Gurbani was the main cure in his story. I have a story for you,

Once upon a day, a man was dying on the street corner from wounds from a battleground, he was reciting gurbani to try to help him. 30 seconds later, he died.

Another story, it was 1984, and a mob had put a tire around a man's head, and burned him...so he ran, his body was well burnt, but he was alive at the hospital, everyone said he would have a full recovery. He was reciting gurbani and had a giani alongside of him. He died from uknown mishap that is very rarely seen and documented before. The last story is a story of one of my cousins. For every story about Gurbani healing someone on their death bed, I am sure there is plenty more of people reciting gurbani and dying on their death bed. As to believe that Gurbani was the cure for his cancer, than you must believe that gurbani was reason for the other sikhs deaths? Me, I choose to believe neither. Gurbani did not cure that persons cancer, as well as it did not kill off the other Sikhs.

As for your quote, "" GOD is unknowable, unapproachable, and unfathomable; only those can know HIM whom HE choses to reveal HIMSELF" " ....

I love how these quotes are so eloquently written to satisfy the believer and outcast the suspicion from other individuals. Do you really expect people to believe that "oh, I was not the chosen one, God did not reveal himself to me". Last time I checked, we're not Jewish, so we're out of luck. We are not the "chosen individuals" All that quote does is beg you to keep faith and keep you in line because "God has decided not to show himself to you". I just don't believe it, nor does it prove that God exists. Pink bunnies also only choose to reveal themselves to certain people. Your missing out on seeing the pink bunnies!

Nimarta_Sahet_Benti_Vichar - So, you want to keep sacred texts in these type of debates?

Here's how the conversation will go :

Person A: "God exists."

Person B: "No, he doesn't"

Person A: "Ek OmKar -- See its all written write there!"

Person B: "Uhh, that means nothing to me? thats a fictional book for all I care. Here's one of my favorites. "God does not exist" - Bertrand Russell"

Person A: "God must exist, 'The Highest being raises love for all' -The Bible"

Person B: "Uhh, that means nothing to me. You are just quoting random people who have no proof that God exists in a book that is clearly based off the assumption that God exists. It is your choice to believe in this assumption, and that requires faith, but that does not prove God's existance. Hence why these type of books are useless in this debate."

and the circle would keep going around and around....but keep laughing at me...i'm sure a debate with you would get soooo far.

natsilahk.... i once read up on quantum physics, and read sumwhere on the lines that....science stated that "if you can't see it, then it doesnt exist". But later on they discovered "u cant see it, but it does exist".

if u know any of this can u please tell me if this is true? and explain?

fateh

i understand wat u mean when u say u cant bring religion into this, but ppl have to understand that its believe/faith and it doesnt mix with science.. but science isnt all that accurate, there always changing their theories. no offence....lol. :lol:

listen man, i am not trying to prove the existence of god. because i dont need any proof.

as someone has said, "its faith, your just suppose to have it"

the bottom line is, you will find out what i'm talking about after you die and then u'll remember what i said. take care.

Guest s133k_s1kh
listen man, i am not trying to prove the existence of god. because i dont need any proof.

as someone has said, "its faith, your just suppose to have it"

the bottom line is, you will find out what i'm talking about after you die and then u'll remember what i said. take care.

LOL.gifLOL.gif Papi gussa kar giya ..there is not point debating with you natsilahk..you don't believe in GOD, and you can't stop us from what we think. So have fun :TH: