Question About Akj

Guest Narinder Singh

raagmala is NOT gurus bani

and you dont need to have 5 baniaa kanth or to have read each of maharaaj's 1429 angs to know this

"who knows what they will have to endure if they die doubting the authenticity of Ragmala."

oh really, so what about bhai shaib randhir singh? he left his physical body in complete bliss

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stop debating about topics we have no knowledge about. emi. if one knows what guru sahib is saying from beginning to end then we automatically know the answer. and if one does, then they wouldn't debate about a topic like this which requires an immense knowledge of gurbani which i dont have.

learn to crawl before you try to run or else you will fall and only hurt yourself and no one else. learn the true meanings of jup ji first before you try to tackle raagmala. and i'm not talking about reading some translations and claiming you know what guru nanak sahib is talking about.

oh and one more thing, its against forum policy to have a debate on raagmala. so drop it. emi.

raagmala is NOT gurus bani

and you dont need to have 5 baniaa kanth or to have read each of maharaaj's 1429 angs to know this

"who knows what they will have to endure if they die doubting the authenticity of Ragmala."

oh really, so what about bhai shaib randhir singh? he left his physical body in complete bliss

so did Sant Baba Thakur Singh, whats that supposed to imply? grin.gif

bhai sahib randir singh and baba takhur singh both left in bliss

one doubted raagmala other didnt?

at the end of the day its the naam abhyiaas that counts both of these meditated on the lord 24/7. whcih lead them to ultimate bliss just becuz one does not belive raagmala it wont lead to pain as jaaping naam is the most important thing in sikhi without it one is nothing

Guest A Singh.

it doesnt matter what the arguements are. what the views are, it comes down to the simple fact that if you doubt your own Guru, then whats real? i know when i mutha tekh 2 mahraaj, this is my pooran Satguru. perfect one.

Raagmala has always been a non-issue. It was not read at the Akal Takht until 1986 when Jasbir Singh Rode forced it to be read without going through proper protocol. It is only those, who have little knowledge of the history of Puratan Saroops, or Sikhi in general, who in modern times attempt to stir up controversy relating to it.

The fact is that the issue of what the exactly content, letter-by-letter, of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is, as was given Guruship by Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj, is certainly not black and white. The SGPC-published Saroop that is Parkash in Gurdwaras around the world, certainly has many mistakes and deviations from Puratan Saroops as has been shown by Bhai Joginder Singh Talwara in his book.

Equally, many Puratan Saroops contain Kachi Bani composition at the end after Mundavani, which are NOT accepted by the Panth in general today. If you have no problems in rejecting compositions such as Rattan Mala, Hakikat Rah Mukam Raj Shivnabh Ki, and other such Kachi Bani which appears at the end of many Puratan Saroops, why do you bring up such issue with those who decide not to read Raagmala? It is worth remembering that even these compositions which are rejected by the "mainstream" in the Panth, are still read by some and are even printed in Gutka Sahibs. They both appear in the same Puratan Saroops, after Mundavani. Sometimes, Raagmala even appears after the aforemented Kachi Bani compositions.

No one is "doubting" when they Matha Tek that this is not their Guru. However the fact there are very many various spelling mistakes, Padh-Chedding, and additions such as the name of the publishers, etc, or depending on your viewpoint additional Kachi Bani compositions, which are all deviations from the original form of Sri Guru Granth Sahib as found in the Damdama Sahib Bir, is something that cannot be ignored. This however does not "negate" the fact that Guru Sahib is present.

Guest A Singh.

ultimate paapi i agree, lol, ppl who dnt beleive say maharaj i bow to you, but dnt beleive in your bani, i.e. raagmala, dasm granth sarbloh granth etc

stop following ur jathebania and start follwing the khalsa panth. . . . . .

the saroop at damdama sahib has raagmala in

"SINGH_DDT_1984" Veer Ji, thankyou for your comment. Please read the comments in my previous post and be aware that according to proper "Khalsa Panth" Maryada, Raagmala should not be being read at the Akal Takht. Furthermore, the Damdama Sahib Bir I was referring to, was the Saroop which Gurgaddi was passed to in 1708, which has now unfortunately been lost.

"SINGH_DDT_1984" Veer Ji, thankyou for your comment. Please read the comments in my previous post and be aware that according to proper "Khalsa Panth" Maryada, Raagmala should not be being read at the Akal Takht. Furthermore, the Damdama Sahib Bir I was referring to, was the Saroop which Gurgaddi was passed to in 1708, which has now unfortunately been lost.

:lol: @ how does one loose guru granth sahib wacko.gif