Shaheeds: Bhai Beant Singh And Bhai Satwant Singh

anhad

Amar Shaheeds: Bhai Beant Singh and Bhai Satwant Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

22 years ago today two beloved sons of the panth, Bhai Beant Singh Ji and Bhai Satwant Singh Ji delivered justice to Dusht Indira Gandhi.

First Beant Singh and Satwant Singh wanted to see with their own eyes what Indira Gandhi had done in Punjab, and at Amritsar. The three Singhs shocked at the scene at Siri Akal Thakht Sahib, made their minds up and went to Siri Darbar Sahib and did ardas, “Oh Akaal Purkh, give us strength!”

After seeing the state of Siri Darbar Sahib, both Satwant Singh and Beant Singh returned to Delhi back to their duty. On 24th October 1984, Beant Singh and Satwant Singh took Amrit at a Gurdwara in Delhi. Neither were particularly knowledgeable on Gurbani, but Operation Blue Star and the legend of Sukha Singh and Mehtab Singh were foremost in their mind. This is what led them to take the blessing of Amrit.

Satwant Singh always had the late shift, and Beant Singh always had the early shift. They had to work out a way to both be on duty together. On 31st October, Satwant Singh faked a stomach bug, and swapped duties with another guard. Now they had to decide how to do the task. They decided the best time was when Indira Gandhi was doing her walkabout.

On the morning of 31st October 1984 at 9am as Indira Gandhi walked from her house to her office at Safardajung Road. Bhai Beant Singh shot her 5 times with his service revolver. Bhai Satwant Singh at the same time lifted his Thompson Staingun and shot 28 bullets. Seeing Indira Gandhi fall, all of her PA`s and ministers ran for their lives. The Indo-Tibetian Border Police commandos, who also guarded the grounds would not come close. Both Singhs shouted “Bole So Nihal, Sat Sri Akaal!!”.

These two brave lions walked on this path without thinking twice. They both had families and they both knew that those relatives of theirs would have to suffer for their actions. But even knowing this they chose to walk on this beautiful path of truth and justice which was set by Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj.

Today the Sikh Kaum has forgotten their sacrifice. Even remembering them on the day they sent Indira Gandhi to face dharma raj seems too much for many.

After Bhai Beant Singh Ji drank the nectar of martyrdom his three children, Bhai Sarabjeet Singh, Bhai Jasvinder Singh and Bibi Amrit Kaur were kicked out of the school they used to attend. These three children were turned down at all government schools they applied to. Even the SGPC denied them education in Khalsa college! As a consequence of this all three children had to get a private education.

Today Bhai Beant Singh Ji’s sons live in Phase 5 of Sahibzada Ajeet Singh Nagar, Mohali. Their source of income is nothing more than the rent they receive from a room.

Bhai Beant Singh Ji’s family live in a financially weak situation.

Why would any Sikh want to fight for khalistan if these is what their families would have to face.. Many Gurudwaras in foreign countries collect money from Sikhs on basses of Khalistan and injustice against Sikhs.. But guess where all that money is going... Its used to make bungalows for themselves and buying expansive cars.. If every Sikh in India even gave 1 rupee for Beant, Satwant Singh’s families they would have enough to build a huge house and offer their grandsons education.. This is the reality and if all foreign Sikhs gave one dollar... where actually they give a lot more than that... then the families off all the shaheeds of 1984 would be able to live more than a sufficient Life.. Something needs to be done... We need non corrupt Sikh Leaders...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a sad situation. We lack focus on prioritising issues, thats our downfall. Sometimes I do wonder about all the funds we spend on Gurdwara extensions, Nagar Kirtans, Rallys, Conferences. Are we being responsible by spending our money on a big rally in trafalgar square or supporting the families of saheeds and sikh political prisoners?

Next time you go to Delhi or Panjab, take some time out of your trip to visit areas where our Sikh heroes families are living (usually shanty towns) and donate whatever you can. Give it to these people directly. Help them improve the quality of their lives.

Their relatives gave their lives for us, so we could live as free Sikhs without being under the foot of the corrupt Indian government - the least we can do is give a little something back.

127.jpg

artist9as.jpg

Guest Dancing Warrior

I’ve studied this issue for years, from all directions. The conclusion I have come to is that there are MANY areas that remain in the shadows and we the every day joes may never actually find out the in-depth truth about the true events, agendas, conspiracies that surround that most horrid 1984.

Personally I had relatives in all camps during those troubled times in the Police, Military and The Resistance. They remain divided even today, however all agree the price that all innocents paid with there lives was not worth an inch of Panjab.

Still the innocent rot in Jails, truthfully do you ever do Ardas for them?

Well was that directed towards me.. I deeply feel sad for your relatives my sympathy for emm... and I shall pray for their well being.. But for the rest.. Yes I do Ardas for the shaheeds of not only 1984 but from the start of Sikhism, All those who laughingly surrendered their lives for Khalsa..

Shaheed Bhai Ajit Singh, Shaheed Bhaj Amarjeet Singh Babar, Shaheed Bhai Amarjeet Singh Shahzada,

Shaheed Bhai Arvinderjeet Singh Goldy, Shaheed Bhai Avtar Singh Babbar, Shaheed Bhai Avtar Singh Brahma, Shaheed Major Baldev Singh Ghuman, Shaheed Baba Gurbachan Singh Manochahal... list goes on.. Sant baba jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa, But thats besides the point of this post.. I want to set up an orginization which will fund the families of these heros... Beant Shingh jee.. and stwant sing jee's families will be the first ones that we are going to support..

The names i have listed will be only a few of the sikhs that we are going to help.. and No i didnt get these names off ove my head.. i am ashamed... but that’s the point of these post we need to respect these shaheeds only then will other be encouraged to fight for Khalsa and our guru will be proud off us..

Lets organize this..

Guest Dancing Warrior

Well was that directed towards me.. I deeply feel sad for your relatives my sympathy for emm... and I shall pray for their well being.. But for the rest.. Yes I do Ardas for the shaheeds of not only 1984 but from the start of Sikhism, All those who laughingly surrendered their lives for Khalsa..

Shaheed Bhai Ajit Singh, Shaheed Bhaj Amarjeet Singh Babar, Shaheed Bhai Amarjeet Singh Shahzada,

Shaheed Bhai Arvinderjeet Singh Goldy, Shaheed Bhai Avtar Singh Babbar, Shaheed Bhai Avtar Singh Brahma, Shaheed Major Baldev Singh Ghuman, Shaheed Baba Gurbachan Singh Manochahal... list goes on.. Sant baba jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa, But thats besides the point of this post.. I want to set up an orginization which will fund the families of these heros... Beant Shingh jee.. and stwant sing jee's families will be the first ones that we are going to support..

The names i have listed will be only a few of the sikhs that we are going to help.. and No i didnt get these names off ove my head.. i am ashamed... but that’s the point of these post we need to respect these shaheeds only then will other be encouraged to fight for Khalsa and our guru will be proud off us..

Lets organize this..

No one laughingly gives up their life, I am sure if given the choice they would have preferred life to death.

I’ve studied this issue for years, from all directions. The conclusion I have come to is that there are MANY areas that remain in the shadows and we the every day joes may never actually find out the in-depth truth about the true events, agendas, conspiracies that surround that most horrid 1984.

Indian Sikh observer :-----

When Hindus and Sikhs fight ;

More and more Hindus leave there faith for other faiths .

Hope we are not being pawns in a bigger game plan of things. :mconfu:

Please remember the message of Guru Nanak of love for all the people on this planet

" Nanak Nam chadi kala tere bana sarvat tha bhalla " d_oh.gif

" Karta purakh nirbho ""nirvair """ pray.gif

hps

Guest Dancing Warrior

Indian Sikh observer :-----

When Hindus and Sikhs fight ; more and more Hindus leave there faith for other faiths .

Hope we are not being pawns in a bigger game plan of things. :mconfu:

I have thought about this point, what are you thinking? please continue

Please remember the message of Guru Nanak of love for all the people on this planet

" Nanak Nam chadi kala ter abana sarvat tha bhalla " d_oh.gif

" Karta purakh nirbho nirvair " pray.gif

hps

Lets organize this..

No one laughingly gives up their life, I am sure if given the choice they would have preferred life to death.

Hey Satwant and Beant Singh's had a choice they could have preferred to live.. But when Harmandar Sahib was attacked knowing the future of their Families and that they would be achieve Shaheedi they still gave up their lives to take revenge of our sacred shrine and our 11th guru Sir Guru Granth Sahib.. Which was shot and burnt... I doubt they regretted that.... Wouldn’t you call that laughingly but anyways how am I to compare such guru dey payare.. Sant Jarnail Singh Je Kahlsa knowing Harmandar Sahib was going to be attacked swore to defend it as ordered by our Gurus.. He had a choice he could have fled but he laughingly accepted Shaheedi.. Every Gursikh who swore to seek revenge knew their future.. Wouldn’t you call that laughingly or were they sad and didn’t want to fight.... Was their anything forcing them????

Guest Dancing Warrior

Lets organize this..

Hey Satwant and Beant Singh's had a choice they could have preferred to live.. But when Harmandar Sahib was attacked knowing the future of their Families and that they would be achieve Shaheedi they still gave up their lives to take revenge of our sacred shrine and our 11th guru Sir Guru Granth Sahib.. Which was shot and burnt... I doubt they regretted that.... Wouldn’t you call that laughingly but anyways how am I to compare such guru dey payare.. Sant Jarnail Singh Je Kahlsa knowing Harmandar Sahib was going to be attacked swore to defend it as ordered by our Gurus.. He had a choice he could have fled but he laughingly accepted Shaheedi.. Every Gursikh who swore to seek revenge knew their future.. Wouldn’t you call that laughingly or were they sad and didn’t want to fight.... Was their anything forcing them????

I don’t understand why there is much glory in two armed men killing a women what ever her crime, which directly caused the murder of innocent people.

Indra Gandi would have had to face justice for her crimes. The whole world would have known her true agenda instead she was made a national hero, a martyr and Sikhs were branded terrorists a stigma we still can’t shake off. Today we can only make allegations against her and we will never be able to prove how much she was involved. It could very well be that there are others who shared equal blame but because of our dumb foolery, ignorance and the fantasy we dwell in we are never going to be able to succeed.

All we do is praise ourselves by slapping our own backs, if you visualise the action as pathetic as it appears there is a macabre reality to it.