Are Ravidassia's Sikhs Or A Cult?

LifeIsBeautiful

The Ravidasias are mainly the Punjabi Chamar community. You will hardly find any other Punjabi jaat amongst the Ravidasias. It is not a puraatan sampradaya set up by Bhagat Ravidas Jee. Unlike the Kabir Panthees who are hundreds of years old, the Ravidasias are more of a recent cultural movement amongst the Chamar community. They see this as their cultural identity and Bhaghat Ravidas Jee as their cultural and religious icon.

well im a not part of the chumar community but i have been to one as me dad knows alot of people who go there. they have pictures of our gurus in their gurdwaras aswell an even the patis there were a turban an that. they have a guru granth sahib there aswell but i know that they aswell are sikhs an many do take amrit an some from that community go to non ravidassi gurdwaras aswell. also when there is vasakhi mela in handsworth birmingham the nagar kirtan always goes past that temple and they join aswell .

ravidass was a bhagat whose bani is in Guru Granth Sahib JI ,but some have taken him 2 be a guru people who align themselves with the 'chamar' caste,cliam hes a guru ,theier 'gurdwaras are no gd in Southall they had murtis and idols inside,but no loner do as Singhs had a 'word' i believe,but they still use Guru Granth Sahib ji 4 ceremonies dnt knw about thier flag i would call it a misled cult /sect

Breakaway group not much of a sect. They follow the SGGS ji as Guru but have Arti ceremony's using thaal and pictures of Bhagat Ravidass ji. - No need for it, as Guru ji's brought all of them under the umbrella of Sikhi once the verses of Bhagat ji were included into the SGGS ji. - I've even heard a rumour they were at the end of compiling Bhagat Ravidass ji's bani and installing that to replace the SGGS ji in their Gurdwaras.

There is also a gurdwara here with ravidas followers. They had Guru Granth Sahib Jee and there where some Singhs with kakkaars on ther were too MANY pictures of Bhagat Ravidas. Even in front of Guru Granth Sahib jee. There were many so called chamaars there also. I saw some hindu influence in this Gurdwara.

There Ardas is also different, i can''t remember what really but they included something about bhagat jee in the ardass.