Are Ravidassia's Sikhs Or A Cult?

LifeIsBeautiful

I totally agree with you, if only people go and visit and see for themselves, they will see no difference to any other gurdwara. We go to respect the holy Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

The Gurdwara does not belong to a particular caste, we think it does by the name of the gurdwara but it is open to all sikhs. Ive visited handsworth Gurdwara and there is no difference.

We need to stop getting into a hindu tradition of caste, We as sikhs now follow this tradition more than hindus and we say we are proud sikhs. We criticise sikhs from different backgrounds because we say they do things differently. If you go back home to punjab, india depending on which part of punjab you goto there is a slight difference in traditions, rituals or even the language punjabi. We should just respect everyone and stop getting into silly debates.

Chamar from punjab are mainly all Sikhs, like many other sikh castes. I know sikhs in this country who have converted to christianity, islam and sikhs who have families who still today follow many hindu traditions. They also don't call themselves sikhs yet they were born in sikh families.

Isn't the idea to become a better sikh yourself than worrying about the next person.

Seeing as many of you are making statements about Ravidas Gudware without actually having been to one, let me clear some misconception up.....seeing as I apparently fall into this f**ked up idea of a chamaar caste and caste system in general.

Firslty, what is a Gudwara?

The home of Maharaji.....regardless of whether the Gudware 'belongs' to a particular caste or not....you primary goal is to go and see and give your respect to Maharaji.

Secondly, whilst I disagree with the use of Guru when referring to Bhagat Ravidass....the Gudware and every function of the Gudwara (Handsworth/Grove Lane) is just the same as every other Gudware.....

I think the issue here is the old system of having some Gudware being run by commite (as the Grove Lane one is)....I've seen the committee....sadly lacking in Gursikhs.....and with the old system comes the old way of life...aka the caste issue.

Regardless of whether a Gudware is a Ravidass or Ramgharia or Bhatra Gudwara, your only intention as a Gursikh when visiting such places is to see Maharaji.

I don't think we can lay waste to all such sacred places, even if the Gudware claim to be part of particular group and we CERTAINLY shouldnt begin to critize all who go that Gudware or all who fall into these backwards caste ideas....

I for one find the Ravidass Gudware on Grove Lane reallly peaceful and I have NO problem going to ANY Gudware from any caste...as long as I get the dharshan of my Maharaji..

I totally agree with you, if only people go and visit and see for themselves, they will see no difference to any other gurdwara. We go to respect the holy Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

The Gurdwara does not belong to a particular caste, we think it does by the name of the gurdwara but it is open to all sikhs. Ive visited handsworth Gurdwara and there is no difference.

We need to stop getting into a hindu tradition of caste, We as sikhs now follow this tradition more than hindus and we say we are proud sikhs. We criticise sikhs from different backgrounds because we say they do things differently. If you go back home to punjab, india depending on which part of punjab you goto there is a slight difference in traditions, rituals or even the language punjabi. We should just respect everyone and stop getting into silly debates.

Chamar from punjab are mainly all Sikhs, like many other sikh castes. I know sikhs in this country who have converted to christianity, islam and sikhs who have families who still today follow many hindu traditions. They also don't call themselves sikhs yet they were born in sikh families.

Isn't the idea to become a better sikh yourself than worrying about the next person.

Spoken like a true chamar lol, let me tell you most chamars in india have hindu names and there is more chamars outside punjab then there is inside. They are not sikh, the only way they call themselves sikhs is because in history when your ancestors were working on our farms during the census we counted your lot as sikhs - even though we disagree with your ways, but the opportunity came to use your numbers to boost our political power rather than your lot saying your christian,hindu,muslim or whatever you beleive.

Spoken like a true chamar lol, let me tell you most chamars in india have hindu names and there is more chamars outside punjab then there is inside. They are not sikh, the only way they call themselves sikhs is because in history when your ancestors were working on our farms during the census we counted your lot as sikhs - even though we disagree with your ways, but the opportunity came to use your numbers to boost our political power rather than your lot saying your christian,hindu,muslim or whatever you beleive.

Firstly a name does not define a person their actions do.

Secondly which history books or history accounts are you referring too? My ancestors are from farming background (Jatt / Zamindar), and what you are saying is a load of BS.

Sikhs are Sikhs. Full stop.

Also like you say about more people of a certain caste outside of punjab than in well guess what, theres more Punjabis in Pakistan than in India. Whats more there are more Jatts in Pakistan Punjab than in Indian Punjab. They are Muslim in Punjab province and in Punjab State Sikh.