"As tears ran down my face..."

Akaali

"Are you serious?!?, Guru Gobind Singh Jee will be there?!?!"

"Yea!!!!!"

"Vahegurrrooo!!!! How can I miss this chance? Will he be accompanied by anyone?"

"Yea, with Shaheed Singhs"

"Vaahegurrroo, I can't beleive I'm finding this out a day before the raensabaaee, ok time to cancel all other plans."

Next morning, I call work and tell them that I won't be able to come to work in the evening, as a very important task has come at hand, and I must attend to it. They didn't seem to have a problem with it as they were convinced it was really something important that I must attend to, and it left no doubt in their mind. I thanked Gurujee for his kirpaa. As I went on about my daily matters the anticipation grew more and more, and all I could think, all I could feel was HIS presence, HIS beloved gursikhs, enjoying HIS love, Vaahegurrrrooo…

As it was only a couple of hours left I completed my daily matters, but the anticipation was too much. As I take a cold shower to soothe my mind, and adorn his beautiful baana. I feel his warm embrace. I can just feel his presence. As I wear my Sri Saahib I hold it and something prompted me to close my eyes and brought about a vision before me. What is this I say to myself, I see the battlefield full of warriors, and a faint flimpse of Satgurujee, his beloved Khalsa, the sight is blinding to the eyes. The kirpaans shine from the glare of the sun. The Khalsa waiting in anticipation of something about to take place all in its own power and glory. The sounding of the war drums beating, and raising the flow of naaaam in their hearts, Vah-grrroo, Vah-grrroo, Vah-grooo, Vah-groooo, Vah-groooo, Vah-groooo. Left in awe of what I just saw, I open my eyes and adorn mine uttering, Sadaa Jai Sadaa Jai Sadaa Jai Bhagauteee, Vah-grrroo, Vah-grrroo, Vah-grooo.

With his grace, I start Sri Chopai Sahib and with my dumaalaa. I start to tie a white keski, and a blue dastaaraa and with each larh it grew more round, more higher, more beautiful. Having the utshaah of wanting to impress my father I adorn the dumaalaa with shastars, chand, chakkar, and a simarnaa hopeful for his blessings. I can just feel him holding and kissing my forehead. Vahegurrrooo. As I finish Sri Chopai Sahib I utter, Mai Gur Mil Uch Dumaalraa|| and feel the grace of Guru Arjan Sahib jee, thinking about his love to going to meet his SatGuru, Vah-grrroo, Vah-grrroo, Vah-grooo, Vah-grrroo, Vah-grrroo, Vah-grooo.

Its about to start and I can’t wait any longer, I must leave now. With his kirpaa the naam khanda starts and I can feel the bliss. As I come to the doorsteps of the guru’s home I take the dirt before the door and I apply it to my forehead to clean my mind and soul of any bad thoughts, and bad karms, and hope for his blessings for an iota of humilty before I goto him.

As I walk in I wash my hands and feet and hear the piercing words of love, the heart-stirring poetry of baaani. As I walk into his true court, the court of the chosen ones, the liberated ones, the saaadh sangat I can no longer wait to see my Satguru. Beholding the vision of the true Guru I feel a power closing my eyes and taking me back to the battlefield. The nagaara is beating ever so loudly, the Khalsaa is ever so ready, and the naaaaam is ever so powerful, Vah-grrroo, Vah-grrroo, Vah-grooo. I come back to my senses, and I walk towards Satgurujee to seek his shelter, his blessings and his love. I bow my head as if I have cut it off and placed it before him. I keep my head in his feet and feel his touch on my head, my mind falls back into trance. All I see is fields full of shaheeds his beloved sahibzade…shaheed, and no sign of the enemy. He embraces Bhai Daya Singh and says,

Khalsa mero mukh hai ang-aa||

Khalsa is my chief organ

Khalse ke hau sadh sadh sang-aa||

I am always with the khalsa

I come back to my awareness and can no longer control my emotions, tears run down my face and I feel him lift me up and hug me close to his embrace, I keep telling him I’m not worthy of your love, I’m not worthy, I’m not worthy. The more I say it the closer he holds me and loves me.

Without saying a word he said everything!! I take his blessings and join the saadh sangat, the arrows of baani pierce my mind, they kill the demons, and I see no life in them. My mind is imbued with HIS love and grace, and I see no other except for him. My mind continues to chant, ……. “Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Tuhi, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru. Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vaheguru, Vahegurrroo!

-anonymous