Sign in to follow this  
Guest anonymous singh(ni)

Gursikh Wedding Photos!

Guest anonymous singh(ni)

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

cyber-sangat jeeos, want every1 to look through these photos cos they are truly inspiring! had to post anonymously cos dont want slating from singhs 4 posting here hehehehe.... :lol:

now that i posted the link...look through them! bhai harpreet singh ji is in some of em!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/juicyladoo/sets/

if you go to profile there are more gursikh wedding photos. like another network of sikhs hidden from every1 else!

Inspirational n such beautiful weddings!

A sample of what you are in for:

http://static.flickr.com/119/277822344_6c981fc40d.jpg?v=0

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa!

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

menu invitation bhej di yaara, nai taa mein mooh chak kay aa jaanaa

LOL.gifLOL.gif :lol:

Guest _singhni_

i have question

aren't we suppose to have a simple wedding? these pictures have left me all confused :lol:

Guest s133k_s1kh

^^^ I thought of that too. Considering what i have seen in Punjab this marriage is far better. The guy is wearing proper Bana. Bibi is wearing a suit ( with very lil kadai ) contrary to those 2 ton ghagre or whatever they are.

They had langar after the anand karaj and i hope thats all they had.

I didnt see any meat or daru.

milni and pre wedding stuff .. i have no idea how that works :lol: . thats more of a cultural thg i guess. I dont think that is required either.

yo .. this is a simple wedding .. if you want to see a real decked up wedding u shud come to NYC ... trust me thats the simplest wedding ive seen and ive seen many weddings

^^^^...yea i wud call that simple...but the pictures originally posted, their not bad i mean their simple in some ways.....and i wud also agree with Jasy on the idea of seeing some really decked up weddings (they happen in toronto as well Jasy........not jus NY....lol)

pictures say a 1000 words guys

go to these gursikh weddings and u will indeed see that they are simple and to what i hear 'how puraatan sikh weddings are suppose to be'

i do also have to agree wit the above that majority of the weddings today ...... no.gif .... i have also seen many that have absolutely nothing to do with sikhi but ppl just do it cuz of 'customs' ....

there is a gursikh wedding at the end of this month in toronto ... info is up on www.akj.org.. i think its dec 30th at malton gurughar as part of the annual december AKJ samaagam.. chardi kalaa couple as well ! Hopefully.. guru kirpaa naal this will be my first gursikh wedding i will be attending.

Hmmm i never went to a gursikh wedding it seems very orthodox hmmm SO MANY SINGHS lol i never seen that many at a wedding only in gurdwara grin.gif

You need a Gursikh family to have a wedding like that! If I was to say no Drink and Alcohol will be at the wedding I fear I will be the only one that turns up! :lol:

Hopefully in the Future I want my kiddies to have Gursikh wedding with loads of Gurmukhs around like in those Pics. pray.gif

Guest gupt_babbar

OMG, maybe its me, but are u guys arguing over how simple tthe wedding is? If so, then where do u draw the line? How can u define a simple wedding? Btw if i got the wrong end of the stick the sorry lol