Ramgharia Observations

WJKK

WJKF

Would value your comments on the following.

1. Why don't Ramgharia Gurdwaras hold regular Amrit Sanchars ?

2. Why do they believe in Baba Bishkarma ?

3. Why are there so many Ramgharia Halls (meat and booze halls)?

4. Why do they call themselves the Ramgharia Quam and not the Sikh Quam?

5. Why don't they do Gatka ?

6. Why don't they wear dumallas or wear the bana?

7. Why do they have starched pugs?

8 Why do they believe so much in sants?

9 Why don't Ramgharia women wear keskis?

10 Why are they allergic to the word 'Khalsistan' ?

Gurfateh ?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another observation:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?act=Se...ult_type=topics

veer ji i'm sure you have good intentions and are not trying to cause nindia but why do most of the topics you start have something to do with AKJ, GNNSJ, or the Ramgharia community?

daas is taking a guess here but maybe there were 1 or 2 sweeping generalisations or stereotypes in that post?

why do you have so many questions?

I'm being provocative. I think it is really important, at this point in time for the small band of Khalsas who keep Ramgharia gurdwaras afloat with their seva, to come out and rebel big time against the serpent masands that run Ramgharia Gurdwaras. I'd like to see Ramgharia completely dropped from the name regular Amrit Sanchaars being held and Ramgharia Halls stopping booze and meat parties. I'd like to see the pure and spartan ideals of the khalsa take root in these gurdwaras, so that they truly honour the great gursikh puratan Khalsa fauji-Jassa Singh Ramgharia. Ramgharia means custodians of the castle of Waheguru......Ramgharia gurdwaras are fa, fa, far from this at this point in time and space.

Here's another observation:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?act=Se...ult_type=topics

veer ji i'm sure you have good intentions and are not trying to cause nindia but why do most of the topics you start have something to do with AKJ, GNNSJ, or the Ramgharia community?

daas is taking a guess here but maybe there were 1 or 2 sweeping generalisations or stereotypes in that post?

Why not ......? This is my specialty round. I have no intentions of doing Nindia......far from it. I'm merely making observations..........no harm in that whatsoever. Maybe I hail from the Ramgharia Misl and am trying to clean up it's act....I'll keep you guessing Veer Ji.

WJKK WJKF

I can answer questions 7 - well sort of.

Well most ramgharia's work involves manufacturing, during British rule they got sent around the world to work in countries like Kenya. You've seen kenyan singhs - u no like Jassi Sidhu, their roots have been twisted and evolved. I think starchy paags are also more suitable for hot weather as they are like hats ( no i dont approve) so they can just take them off.

Something i must point out though, many amritdaris have been born from these people who call them selves "Ramgaria Sikhs", who said that they believe in Baba Bishkarma, or dont do Gatka, or wear bana or really do the rest of the things you listed? Don't forget that amritdaris are do denounce all form of caste, and if "ramgharia" people call emselves sikhs then im afraid that they are wrong.

WJKK WJKF

my mates family is from aTarkhan background (she dont belive in caste) she says:

not sure about this 1

this is not true as no1 in my exended (very large) family ever talks about a Baba Bishkarma and we only belive in one God.

its sad but true!!!!!toatally disagree with it.

they do!!!!! Andddd why do you think that Ramgharia need to create thier own Akhara! There are some that have joined existing ones!

how do know if the sikh u saw wearing one was not from a Ramgharia background

when u ae swching pugs u can pick it up and put it on ur head and not worry about tieing it if u r in a rush!!!lol

thats NOT true!!!dont non ramgharia poeple also see Binderwalla as a sant???

they do!!!!

personally i feel that segregation is not the answer to the problem and the gov shud sort themselevs out...why shud peopel leave their homes and live elsewhere beause they are being discriminated /slaughtered te indian gov shud sort themselves out, we shud not run but defend our homes...

in a non violent way.lol

BY THE WAY THIS IS NOT SINGH1986 HE IS COOKING GOBI SABJI AND SHAKING HIS HEAD AT MOST OF MY COMMENTS!!LOL. BY THE WAY I DONT WANT TO OFFEND ANY1S OPINIONS OR ANYTHING IM NEW TO THIS FORUM!!!!!!

WJKK

WJKF

Would value your comments on the following.

4. Why do they call themselves the Ramgharia Quam and not the Sikh Quam?

Gurfateh ?

Before anything, I would like to say that these are my opinions and not anybody else's and that I AM NOT RAMGARHIA, NEVER WAS, OR WILL BE. (Said in the most respectful way.) I am A SINGH, and a girl is a KAUR no caste no nothing. :TH: :e:

Okay, to answer your questions.

1. Because if other Gurdwaras do, than you do not really need to. It really depends on the location, if that is the only gurdwara that is in a certain location for lots of people then it is WRONG not to hold a lot of Amrit Sanchar's. no.gif

2. No idea, but they better not to do "BIPRAN KI REET" otherwise they can have as many Gurdwaras, but they are not followers of Guru Gobind Singh.

3. Lack of understanding, and maya getting to people's head. The solution to this is kick out the current jathebandi's and bring in fresh ones with passion for SIKHI! That can happen in ANY Gurdwara.

4. Nah not really, they do call themselves Sikh, a lot of them are Amritdari as well.

5. Perhaps, they stress work ethic more, than physical activity which isn't neccessarily a good thing.

6. Why does it matter, as long as they have Sikhi Saroop and believe in Bakthi & Sakhti, Miri & Piri, Sant & Sihpahi its' all good. :TH:

7. Who Cares? Does it matter? At least they are Keshadari, and/or Amritdari. d_oh.gif

8. Sometimes people come back into Sikhi through "sants." I wouldn't necessarily call any John Doe a Sant, because it takes a lot to be a SANT. But, if these "sants" can bring people back into Sikhi, than I see no harm in that.

9. A lot do, maybe some don't. They will get to it as soon as possible with Akal Purakh's kirpa.

10. A lot of them perhaps don't care about the cause, and worry about other things such as Kirat Karna, Naam Japna, and Vad Ke Chakna. :lol:

my mates family is from aTarkhan background (she dont belive in caste) she says:

not sure about this 1

this is not true as no1 in my exended (very large) family ever talks about a Baba Bishkarma and we only belive in one God.

its sad but true!!!!!toatally disagree with it.

they do!!!!! Andddd why do you think that Ramgharia need to create thier own Akhara! There are some that have joined existing ones!

how do know if the sikh u saw wearing one was not from a Ramgharia background

when u ae swching pugs u can pick it up and put it on ur head and not worry about tieing it if u r in a rush!!!lol

thats NOT true!!!dont non ramgharia poeple also see Binderwalla as a sant???

they do!!!!

personally i feel that segregation is not the answer to the problem and the gov shud sort themselevs out...why shud peopel leave their homes and live elsewhere beause they are being discriminated /slaughtered te indian gov shud sort themselves out, we shud not run but defend our homes...

in a non violent way.lol

BY THE WAY THIS IS NOT SINGH1986 HE IS COOKING GOBI SABJI AND SHAKING HIS HEAD AT MOST OF MY COMMENTS!!LOL. BY THE WAY I DONT WANT TO OFFEND ANY1S OPINIONS OR ANYTHING IM NEW TO THIS FORUM!!!!!!

OK 1986.....I'd like to know where the Ramgharias are doing gatka...maybe I'll find some associates that I could gather to finally sort out my local Ramgharia 'trim beard, starched pug, pot bellied, non-amritdhari' pardaan.