Hukam!

singh1986

If everything is going according to the one perfect God's plan, why does God need me to worship or praise God? The world would continue with or without my devotion to that higher power, so why do we bother?

Hypothetically speaking if a Amritdhari cut his hair or drank alcohol couldn't he say that it was part of God's Hukam for me to do that?

Couldn't one also say that free will that Akal Purakh gives us and the arguement that everything is happening EXACTLY as the Almighty will have it happen; They contridict each other completely and therefore are self-negating arguments?!!?

^Discuss

Couldn't one also say that free will that Akal Purakh gives us and the arguement that everything is happening EXACTLY as the Almighty will have it happen; They contridict each other completely and therefore are self-negating arguments?!!?

^Discuss

This is why a sikh needs to have gyan of Gurbani, because the answers are there!!!. Inexperienced opinions will often mislead you, so it is better to speak to rehatvaan sikhs in person rather than expect some kind of adequete response on an internet forum

This Shabad is by Guru Amar Daas Ji in Raag Malaar on Pannaa 1258

mlwr mhlw 3 ]

malaar mehalaa 3 ||

Malaar, Third Mehla:

ijnI hukmu pCwixAw sy myly haumY sbid jlwie ]

jinee hukam pashhaaniaa sae maelae houmai sabadh jalaae ||

Those who realize the Hukam of the Lord's Command are united with Him; through the Word of His Shabad, their egotism is burnt away.

scI Bgiq krih idnu rwqI sic rhy ilv lwie ]

sachee bhagath karehi dhin raathee sach rehae liv laae ||

They perform true devotional worship day and night; they remain lovingly attuned to the True Lord.

sdw scu hir vyKdy gur kY sbid suBwie ]1]

sadhaa sach har vaekhadhae gur kai sabadh subhaae ||1||

They gaze on their True Lord forever, through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, with loving ease. ||1||

mn ry hukmu mMin suKu hoie ]

man rae hukam ma(n)n sukh hoe ||

O mortal, accept His Will and find peace.

pRB Bwxw Apxw Bwvdw ijsu bKsy iqsu ibGnu n koie ]1] rhwau ]

prabh bhaanaa apanaa bhaavadhaa jis bakhasae this bighan n koe ||1|| rehaao ||

God is pleased by the Pleasure of His Own Will. Whomever He forgives, meets no obstacles on the way. ||1||Pause||

qRY gux sBw Dwqu hY nw hir Bgiq n Bwie ]

thrai gun sabhaa dhhaath hai naa har bhagath n bhaae ||

Under the influence of the three gunas, the three dispositions, the mind wanders everywhere, without love or devotion to the Lord.

giq mukiq kdy n hoveI haumY krm kmwih ]

gath mukath kadhae n hovee houmai karam kamaahi ||

No one is ever saved or liberated, by doing deeds in ego.

swihb BwvY so QIAY pieAY ikriq iPrwih ]2]

saahib bhaavai so thheeai paeiai kirath firaahi ||2||

Whatever our Lord and Master wills, comes to pass. People wander according to their past actions. ||2||

siqgur ByitAY mnu mir rhY hir nwmu vsY min Awie ]

sathigur bhaettiai man mar rehai har naam vasai man aae ||

Meeting with the True Guru, the mind is overpowered; the Lord's Name comes to abide in the mind.

iqs kI kImiq nw pvY khxw ikCU n jwie ]

this kee keemath naa pavai kehanaa kishhoo n jaae ||

The value of such a person cannot be estimated; nothing at all can be said about him.

cauQY pid vwsw hoieAw scY rhY smwie ]3]

chouthhai padh vaasaa hoeiaa sachai rehai samaae ||3||

He comes to dwell in the fourth state; he remains merged in the True Lord. ||3||

myrw hir pRBu Agmu Agocru hY kImiq khxu n jwie ]

maeraa har prabh agam agochar hai keemath kehan n jaae ||

My Lord God is Inaccessible and Unfathomable. His value cannot be expressed.

gur prswdI buJIAY sbdy kwr kmwie ]

gur parasaadhee bujheeai sabadhae kaar kamaae ||

By Guru's Grace, he comes to understand, and live the Shabad.

nwnk nwmu slwih qU hir hir dir soBw pwie ]4]2]

naanak naam salaahi thoo har har dhar sobhaa paae ||4||2||

O Nanak, praise the Naam, the Name of the Lord, Har, Har; you shall be honored in the Court of the Lord. ||4||2||

the questions you are asking are very complex. i suggest you start off simple, learn gurbani and your questions will be answered :lol:

Other people mainly my Christian friends ask me such questions and it just gets me thinking...Learning Gurbani is my number one mission in Life!

Thanx to all those that help me answer such questions though! It is much appreciated!

the questions you are asking are very complex. i suggest you start off simple, learn gurbani and your questions will be answered :lol:

agree!^

i think the question is asked cuz of the other post where i said dont ask me what "hukum" is blush.gif

anyhow

few yrs back this is what i was told/understood and to many of my questions this stands true for me:

there are question that can't answerd by anyone(directly) ...with time they are answered. if u are aware u will know that ur question is answered.

some experiences can't be described in words or sometimes they dont even make sense...and we question to make sense of them. when we dont get an answer we become frustrated. we need patience(thzt why its a virtue)

it's a good thing to question, but just know some question cant be answered by others directly.

lets see if this helps in explainin what im tryin to say: trying explaining death to a child, 2-3 yrs old or 5 yrs old! see if you can give your knowledge about death to this child>> what u have learned and experienced for years to come to understand what death is, where our soul goes, and why.

you think that child will know what u are talking about? does that child need more experience to understand the concept u are tryin to tell/teach/explain it to him/her?

i hope this makes sense..if not thn jus know>> :@:

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=283

and im sure evryone would agree..

we all are tryin to understand what is THE HUKUM thzt why we are here doing sangat...and are on the path>>SIKHI pray.gif

bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru jiki fateh!

Guest gupt_babbar

I have to agree with everyone above. Until u start reading Gurbani u wont find the correct answer. At the end of the day, everything u need to know about life is in Bani!

Sorry if im wrong, please correct me if i am :lol:

Okey I am gonna Disect my own statement; After much contemplation and under my interpretation of Sikhi this is what I think!

"If everything is going according to the one perfect God's plan, why does God need me to worship or praise God? The world would continue with or without my devotion to that higher power, so why do we bother?"

Because people wanna escape this world! For Sikhs this world is hell; that is why we Worship God and hope his Hukam allows us to.

"Hypothetically speaking if a Amritdhari cut his hair or drank alcohol couldn't he say that it was part of God's Hukam for me to do that?"

God challenges us in many ways if a Sikh falls they fall but if a challenge comes our way and we lose then yes it is Hukam (Command) but we fight; as Humans we are ment to fight it! We dont know whether we shall win or not how do we know Hukam!? We have just got to hope that for our sakes Hukam is in our Favour.

"Couldn't one also say that free will that Akal Purakh gives us and the arguement that everything is happening EXACTLY as the Almighty will have it happen; They contridict each other completely and therefore are self-negating arguments?!!?"

They are contradicting for Humans however we dont know wether we shall fail or not Only God knows! The Almighty is having its way and knows where we will end up nonetheless we have to live Life and if we live another 8 million lives so be it! It is through Gods Hukam we get enlightened...every Human subconciously learns from past lifetimes we try to use our free will to get enlightened...but this is all Gods Hukam! We should try our best to follow our beleifs and not think about the devine plan. We shouldnt bother thinking about such but to just trust WaheGuru.

I dunno if that made sense lol but I have reached this conclusion through your guys input from Gurbani etc! I dont know Gurmukhi and can never put it in context when reading in English soo you guys help me get through baffling questions. Thank You!

Lets just hope through WaheGurus Hukam I can learn Gurbani and learn things myself and get closer to Akal Purakh pray.gif

Because people wanna escape this world! For Sikhs this world is hell; that is why we Worship God and hope his Hukam allows us to.

NO

mhlw 5 ]

mehalaa 5 ||

Fifth Mehla:

PrIdw BUim rMgwvlI mMiJ ivsUlw bwg ]

fareedhaa bhoom ra(n)gaavalee ma(n)jh visoolaa baag ||

Fareed, in the midst of this beautiful earth, there is a garden of thorns.

jo jn pIir invwijAw iqMn@w AMc n lwg ]82]

jo jan peer nivaajiaa thi(n)nhaa a(n)ch n laag ||82||

Those humble beings who are blessed by their spiritual teacher, do not suffer even a scratch. ||82||

NO

mhlw 5 ]

mehalaa 5 ||

Fifth Mehla:

PrIdw BUim rMgwvlI mMiJ ivsUlw bwg ]

fareedhaa bhoom ra(n)gaavalee ma(n)jh visoolaa baag ||

Fareed, in the midst of this beautiful earth, there is a garden of thorns.

jo jn pIir invwijAw iqMn@w AMc n lwg ]82]

jo jan peer nivaajiaa thi(n)nhaa a(n)ch n laag ||82||

Those humble beings who are blessed by their spiritual teacher, do not suffer even a scratch. ||82||

no.gif Sorry! I dont know anything! I am a complete doofus! Sorry Papi Ji... WaheGuru forgive me pray.gif