Singhnee With A Tattoo (idiot)

Guest Mili

my reply is same ... to buddy if injections save life they are allowed in sikhi .... tottos dont they are not ..... when they both puncture skin .... which is not allowed in sikhism .... as the main reason against tattos are given ....

lol sikhs of 21 century has two faces green signal to things save life red signal to thing they dont like no matter they are applied in same manner ... a needle with medicine proudly sikh .... a needle with ink ... god ur a non sikh .... what have u done ....

does that mean sikhs keep life ahead of teachings of sikhsim ???

stop changing sikhi buddy .... the way it suits you .... the truth is that sikhi doesnot say anything about tattos ....

they will not make u better or a bad sikh .... the only thing which differentiat between god and bad sikhs is rehat and naam .... not how u look like or your clothes ....

today the problem is .... i also agree that tattos are not good as socialy .... if some would say tottos are not good unhealthy show off etc i would stand with him .... because they are the true facts .... but saying tattos affect u as a sikh and try and relate it to sikhi some way or other to teach people .... we are just insulting sikhism ... nothing else ...

and each of our action is being written by some one in the blue sky ....

maffi ..... i m out of this thread ....

today the problem is .... i also agree that tattos are not good as socialy .... if some would say tottos are not good unhealthy show off etc i would stand with him .... because they are the true facts .... but saying tattos affect u as a sikh and try and relate it to sikhi some way or other to teach people .... we are just insulting sikhism ... nothing else ...
lets think of this in a different way.

you yourself said, " tottos are not good unhealthy show off etc" ---- do the words unhealthy and show off ring a bell? rolleyes.gif ok lemme spell it out for you, show off = EGO there :lol:

although there is no CONCLUSIVE evidence, as far as i'm aware, have their not been cases where the ink of tattoos been shown to at least contribute to diseases (i.e cancer)?

and to jassa veerji:

in my opinion, the argument isn't about puncturing the skin. In my opinion, the argument is about doing something that's good for your spirituality and your religious and spiritual progression. Since Gurbani tells us that our body is important, it is important to keep our body healthy. An injection contributes to us keeping our bodies healthy. So there's some sort of practical use for an injection.

On the other hand, there is no practical use for a tattoo, is there? The argument isn't about puncturing the skin..

the argument is...

IF you're going to alter your body, is there at least some practical purpose?

we cut our nails..that's altering our bodily appearance... so then the question is..are we violating our sikhi by cutting our nails? No, because sikhi is a practical way of life. We can't live to our fullest extent with nails that are 10 inches long. We can't do the common, everyday activities that make us positive, contributive people in our societies.

What's a tattoo do? Does it help fight crime?

Does it save lives?

Does a tattoo cure cancer?

Does a tattoo help an old lady cross the street?

Does it open doors for others?

Does a tattoo help us do seva?

Does it help us do simran?

Does it help us be a better person day-today?

Does having a tattoo make us a better sikh?

Does having a tattoo provide warmth, shelter, and clothing for our families?

Being healthy is part of being a sikh, since we know that "our body is a temple" as many people say. If something is unhealthy, chances are, it goes against sikhi's principles.

AND it's not aobut "What's not allowed, what's banned"

it's about "what IS good, what's best for us, what helps us? what IS allowed when we decide to go down this route, this sikh way of life?"

guru sahib talks about 'discarding wordly adornments' i reckon that includes tattoos

ALSO

dwVHw muC isr kys bnweI ] hY ieh idRVH ijh pRBU rzweI ] myt rzweI ju sIs muMfwvY ] khu qy jg kYsy hir pwvY ]80]

dhaarrhaa mushh sir kaes banaaee || hai eih dhrirrh jih prabhoo razaaee || maett razaaee j sees mu(n)ddaavai || kahu thae jag kaisae har paavai ||80||

The hair moustache and beard are created within God's order. How can those who violate their natural form by cutting their hair ever be accepted by the Lord? Rehatnama Bhai Desa Singh Jee

VIOLATING THE NATURAL FORM

that INCLUDES getting a tattoo.

i know this says by cutting hair, but getting a tattoo is STILL a violation of the natural form.

IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW BETTER THAN GURU SAHIB

get a tattoo, see where it gets you.

and to finish...

prhir kpVu jy ipr imlY KusI rwvY ipru sMig ] sdw sIgwrI nwau min kdy n mYlu pqMgu ]

parehar kaparr jae pir milai khusee raavai pir sa(n)g || sadhaa seegaaree naao man kadhae n mail patha(n)g ||

Discarding worldly adornments , she meets her Husband Lord, and she celebrates joyfully with Him. She is adorned forever with the Name in her mind, and she does not have even an iota of filth.

if waheguru jee thought tattoos would have looked good, or whatever ur saying, then we would have all been born with a khanda tattoo.

think about it.

my reply is same ... to buddy if injections save life they are allowed in sikhi .... tottos dont they are not ..... when they both puncture skin .... which is not allowed in sikhism .... as the main reason against tattos are given ....

lol sikhs of 21 century has two faces green signal to things save life red signal to thing they dont like no matter they are applied in same manner ... a needle with medicine proudly sikh .... a needle with ink ... god ur a non sikh .... what have u done ....

i give up u cant stop repeating urself!!

can u see guru gobind singh ji wearing a tatoo?

(plz dont surprise/disgust me :lol: )

Guest Deg Teg Fateh

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but hasn't anyone ever seen old people with tattoos...that should deter you if nothing else will! Old ppl's tattoos look NASTY man...they're droppy and deformed...totally disgusting looking. It's such a stupid thing to have a tattoo cuz it'll look okay when you're young and your skin is normal, but once you get older, it looks like a joke! Total proof that you aren't meant to have tattoos...cuz your skin isn't going to stay the way it is. It's gonna get wrinkled and droopy...your tattoo is gonna be a mess. If it's a khanda...when you get old, it ain't gonna look like a khanda no more...it's gonna be a disgrace! No tattoos! Degh tegh fateh!

It's not your body.. its waheguru jees property.. We have no right to do anything to our body given by waheguru for limited time. Take an example of rental car.... Do you paint the car when you rent it from the rental company? Will they be happy about it?

S1ngh

• 2 years later...
Guest Jattji

u ppl are sad...much ado about nothing......first while u waste time "discussing" a useless topic u are NOT thinking about god...ppl should actually follow wwhat GGS says

2nd having a tattoo or not has nothing to do with sikhi,,,,show me one instance in GGS...because there is nothing...the body turns to dust when one dies...those that know that know having tattoos have NO bearing to ones faith)