My Love For Anand Sahib!

A couple of weeks ago I heard a cd with paath from Baba Thakur Singh Jee.

When I was listening to Anand Sahib my mind become complete crazy!!

Baba Jee is doing this paath which much pyaar! I can't describe in words what it's going in my mind when I heard it.

Because of this i start doing Anand Sahib more then once a day.

However I also do this during Rehraas Sahib Jee. Is this correct? When I come to the Anand Sahib Part and when the first 5 stanzas are done my mind just want more and I start to do Anand Sahib completly.

Can i do this during Rehraas Sahib Jee?

grin.gif

well if you look at puratan guktae, or even today, the ones published by sgpc have a "short version" of rehraas. taksaali gutkae have the "longer version" (with dasam bani). baba jarnail singh said that its just a matter of reading MORE bani, we are not cutting anything out.

so from that prespective, its ok to do full anand sahib during rehraas. BUT just to be on the safe side i think it will be better if you did proper rehraas, the way it is in the gutka and then after fateh, start anand sahib :lol:

hope that helped.

i agree to a large extent with Papi.

I feel the same way sometimes... anand sahib just punctures me... it's so so so so so amazing for me... sometimes i just feel like not stopping at 5 pauris...

i'm not sure if it's wrong to do the 40, but i would assume not... after all, anand sahib was originally written as 40 pauris... I don't believe there is any reference that one of our Guru Sahibs split anand sahib up after #5 and then said to recite pauri #40... So, it could very well be, that original rehras sahib has 40 pauris.

I THINK.... i'm not positive on this.. ubt i THINK that at amrit sanchars conducted by 3HO gursikhs, they say to do full 40 pauri anand sahib

i could be wrong.

anyways, all in all, if there is a hesitation, then the easiest thing to do is as papi has suggested.. try to hold off the hunger till you've done a "proper" rehras sahib, and then just recite anand sahib again afterwards.

but i totally feel your "pain"... anand sahib... vaheguru!

well if you look at puratan guktae, or even today, the ones published by sgpc have a "short version" of rehraas. taksaali gutkae have the "longer version" (with dasam bani). baba jarnail singh said that its just a matter of reading MORE bani, we are not cutting anything out.

so from that prespective, its ok to do full anand sahib during rehraas. BUT just to be on the safe side i think it will be better if you did proper rehraas, the way it is in the gutka and then after fateh, start anand sahib :lol:

hope that helped.

In my Gutkha Anand Sahib start after Benti Chaupai, however this is also shortened. The last verses of this bani are not included.

After the last Stanza of Anand Sahib the bani goes further. With Mundavani and 2 or 3 verses more.

What is then the proper rehraas? grin.gif After Benti Chaupai?

• 1 month later...

wjkkwjkp!

the singhs bak in the day used to do this

Rehraas:

rehraas as usual... Har(i) Jug Jug...

Sodar Pauree from JapJiSahib

Carry on until Chaupaaee, do Jaap Sahib, Shaster Naam Maala,Deh Shiva then Chaupaaee with Pun Racchas Ka Kata and Et Srii Chritr(u)

full anand sahib and finish, and then japji sahib.......

try it one day.. it takes bout 40 mins...But sayin that, doin full anand sahib is no prob

wjkkwjkp!

the singhs bak in the day used to do this

Rehraas:

rehraas as usual... Har(i) Jug Jug...

Sodar Pauree from JapJiSahib

Carry on until Chaupaaee, do Jaap Sahib, Shaster Naam Maala,Deh Shiva then Chaupaaee with Pun Racchas Ka Kata and Et Srii Chritr(u)

full anand sahib and finish, and then japji sahib.......

try it one day.. it takes bout 40 mins...But sayin that, doin full anand sahib is no prob

Only 40 min? Wow! that is fast ! If i wil do such a Rehraas Sahib Jee then it will take at least 1 hour!

an off-topic question....who began with Sampuran Rehraas? Or is this the "original" Rehraas Jee?