Vege Sikhs Only!

singh1986

Taken from http://www.sikhs.org/guru1.htm

When the Guru visited Kurukshetra in Haryana, a big fair was being held at the holy tank to celebrate the solar eclipse. There were a large number of pilgrims all over the country. On his arrival at the fair, Guru Nanak had Mardana cook them a meat dish of a deer presented to them by one of his followers. Upon finding that meat was being cooked on the holy premises, a large angry crowd gathered in anger to attack the Guru for what they thought amounted to sacrilege (Bhai Mani Singh, Gyan Ratnavali, pg. 123). Upon hearing the angry crowd Guru Nanak responded;

"Only fools argue whether to eat meat or not. They don't understand truth nor do they meditate on it. Who can define what is meat and what is plant? Who knows where the sin lies, being a vegetarian or a non- vegetarian?" (Malhar)

If you are vege argue agaisnt this interpretation! If you are meat eating what you doing reading this post!? told you not to buttt if you do disagree with this event or recollection then input is welcome :TH:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been keeping a checklist on the meat topics in the past month. This appears to be number 12. And no I don't eat meat, so I can say whatever I want.

Wow really?! I didnt know Sorry people!

The Thing is my Goray Flat mates read such things and then ask me such questions and sometimes I am stuck like now so I ask you guys! I am vege personally however I have nothing against meat eater Sikhs, its your choice hunna!

I just want vege's to provide an interpretation so that my mates dont automatically presume that Meat is allowed to be eaten and Guru Nanak Dev Ji ate it; as I know this issue is still up in the air so I wanted to provide a different interpretation to the issue.