Militant Singhs And Punjabi Culture

SardarDholi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am not the smartest one but after reading the whole shabad all i can interpret is that nache tappe has a totally different meaning. it has got nthg to do with bhangra or any other dance whtsoever.

i don t understand how you ppl associate this shabad with cultural dances??

evryone has said enuff stuff about wht the original poster should do or shouldn't do, but relating all this to bani makes no sense to me :D correct me if i am wrong.

todays songs and music are totally diff from wht sardardholi is talkin bout. what he is talkin bout is the true culture. SardarDholi Punjab di rooh di gal karda, kidan pinda ch tiyan lagdiya si, mele hunde si, loki kathe ho ke geet gaunde si, sharart vi hundi si. dats the real culture and it still is alive ..you lot need to find it. my grandma was a god fearing person and she used to tell me so many boliyan of their time. tht was the real culture. i have to sadly say this thts its dying but we can still revive it.

this being said i ask sardardholi to be truthful to all of us here.. what kinda dance are u into..you should have explained tht first and thn asked if tht was rght or no. whn you said u do bhangra tht sent a totally different msg :D ... u knw wht i mean.

all these thgs are more like extracurricular activities and ppl quit these thgs after a certain age. we all knw dat. football doesnt help us in merging with god..does it?? should we stop dat too?

bhulan chukan layi maffi

Gur Fateh !!

thank you..yeah maybe i should have been more specific when i started this post.im sorry that i havent been more specific as to what i actually do. I dont hink people understand what bhangra is...bhangra is used to broadly...bhangra is just a dance style...not a type of music..not a culture..its just a dance form which originally had nothing to do with lust, drinking or anythin obscene...it was a dance of celebration. somehow it has turned into a culture that is a million miles away from what it was. there are loads of different dance styles from the punjab such as Kikli, Dhamaal, Jhummar, Luddi and sammi...but everyone always thinks there's only bhangra.

as to the question of what kind of dance do i do.......i do all the above dance form..apart from kikli and sammi because thats women danceforms. and as to the kind of bolian i listen to..yes i do listen to lokgeetan about drinking from the 70's from artists like asa singh mastana, rangila jatt etc. but i dont see anything wrong with listening to those kind of songs.

s133k_s1kh bhaaji, i dont see lok geet as an extra curricular activity for me, as a marasi, and an aspiring music producer...its a hell of a lot more thn just an extra curricular activity its big part of my life. i've been playing instruments since i was 2 years old. and been performing with some of the greatest musicians on earth for the past 8years.

i hope this has cleared up a bit. thankyou

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dood its very hurting to say but the true militant singhs left us a long time ago. 95'sh.

But these youth today try hard to be gangsters by shunning their own culture. who cares punjabi virsa is ours no1 can take that away, i don't see why a sikh can't also love their virsa.

as long as its clean, ihate songs about sharab and <admin-profanity filter activated> thats dumb....but can some1 point out whats wrong with clean boliyaan?

BHangra, or punjabi culture in its truest form is in line with sikhi. It oringaly never had mention of sharaba, lust etc. singin about love is not lust, its nature and cannot be called lust. lust is more along the lines of i wanna f u. THe flueditiy in the movement of bhangra is what is bhangra, the ableness to dance, and produce rythm to the beat of the dhol, as sardar dholi pointed out its a mixture of moves etc.

Ne ways i love to see sardars doing bhangra, thats the only way it should be done.

Guest militant singh
dood its very hurting to say but the true militant singhs left us a long time ago. 95'sh.

But these youth today try hard to be gangsters by shunning their own culture. who cares punjabi virsa is ours no1 can take that away, i don't see why a sikh can't also love their virsa.

as long as its clean, ihate songs about sharab and <admin-profanity filter activated> thats dumb....but can some1 point out whats wrong with clean boliyaan?

Yh tru 22much gandh out there these days about kuriyan in da club and ''my sexc kuri and me in ma beema'' and the videos well you cant sit with your family can you and watch them -they are a insult on the culture of Panjab,these days tru Panjab aint repped but jus gangsterism and want of girls ie :lust, Old Skool singers used to sing about heer ranjha these days you get songs like 'Dil sadeh naal la la chup kar keh ni loka nu bolandeh' put ur heart with mine and let peepz fink what dey like' So whers the respect gne we had in Panjabi culture

Nobody can come and tell me punjabi culture is bad or this or that.. I love my culture and i encourage to keep the balance in thier life. Things only messed up when ppl start focusing on culture way too much and don't bother to follow the very simple basics of their religion (doesn't matter which religion one is from). If one is talking about rap punjabi culture.. excuse me thats not punjabi culture.. take that crap of 50cent with some punjabi dj out of punjabi vocabulary.. Original punjabi culture contradicts every single thing on rap lifestyle and the remixes including tigerstyle ! (sorry)

Regarding the truth in todays punjabi song .. you may want to read this:

Jatts of Punjab & Punjabi songs are inhabitants of different worlds

http://www.sikhsangat.org/ssn/publish/Indi...m_reality.shtml

Nobody can come and tell me punjabi culture is bad or this or that.. I love my culture and i encourage to keep the balance in thier life. Things only messed up when ppl start focusing on culture way too much and don't bother to follow the very simple basics of their religion (doesn't matter which religion one is from). If one is talking about rap punjabi culture.. excuse me thats not punjabi culture.. take that crap of 50cent with some punjabi dj out of punjabi vocabulary.. Original punjabi culture contradicts every single thing on rap lifestyle and the remixes including tigerstyle ! (sorry)

Regarding the truth in todays punjabi song .. you may want to read this:

Jatts of Punjab & Punjabi songs are inhabitants of different worlds

http://www.sikhsangat.org/ssn/publish/Indi...m_reality.shtml

i defintly agree with you there.my generation have to stop believeing that hip hop with some punjabi lyrics over the top ISN'T punjabi music.yes..call it a fusion or cultures...but now it is being seen as "new Punjabi culture".i definatly think after reading a lot of these posts, that it is vital to keep a balence between culture and religion.

panjabi culture today contridicts sikhism as a religion - so how can one keep a balance ? , religion is something in which you have to give all your faith and devotion to...

what will you choose when things begin to contridict culture or religion

well what 90% of my generation are into isn't "punjabi culture". yes it does contradict with sikhi...but what the old skkool folk generation did was true punjabi folk...and didn't contradict sikhi.