NANAKSAAR 2DAY

S1ngh

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, that's not really a conduct of 'being' a Nanaksari. I do Chaur Sahib di seva at our local Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib and they only 'require' that your dastar be white. I have worn choole of other colors there and they don't say anything, neither has anyone objected to my dumalla and my shinny gatra.. haha!

The Sewa done by Babaji for Guru Granth Sahib Ji was amazing. Once I remember my dad telling me that Babaji saw some Sikhs take Guru Ji out on a Nagar Kirtan, and they had no Chaur Sahib and no Ramala was on top for some reason. Babaji said to the Sewardar, go and call that man in charge of the procession. He came to Babaji and asked why he was called. Babaji said, what happens if someone throws dust into your eyes? Would you like that? He said no, it would hurt.

Babaji said, well dust is flying onto Guru Ji and you are sitting there doing nothing.

They took the Chaur Sahib themself and for endless hours did Sewa of Guru Ji.

The Sewadars were instructed to bathe everytime they went to relieve themselves before going to Guru Ji's hazoori, this maryada continues today. I've seen some Langars where people enter with shoes on, and tables and chairs everywhere, it's really sad.

The Nanaksar/Hazoor Sahib Maryada is amazing, utmost respect for Guru Ji ^_^

Ps. The reason why the Sewadars were white was because Babaji was particulary fond of this colour. They said it was pure and had no 'milawat' no mixing of different colours, this completely pure. Also, it's a colour where the slightest stain shows.

Cool SOGGSJ.. is that the new fresno gurdwara = nanaksar gurdwara?

i neva heard about nanaksar before, nor i meet anyone who are nanaksaria :@ .. Btw.. just for the history record, do nanaksaria had any past "Not Good" relation with Akal Takht ??

bhull chak kay maaf ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Baba Nand Singh jee was one of the greatest GurSikhs of this century :WW:

i also heard Nanaksari Sikhs (plz forgive the term) have a longer rehras and ardas :@

let us all learn everything from every "group" thats there in Sikhi :@

i love Bhai Randhir Singh and so i love AKJ

i love Baba Deep Singh and so i love Damdami Taksal (yes some brothers will say it was started by Guru Gobind Singh...yes brothers i love u all too :@ )

i love Baba Nand Singh and so i love Nanaksar

but the basic thing is : i love Gurujee and so i love Sikhi

stay in chardi kala :@

Vaheguroo jee ka khalsa

Vaheguroo jee kee fateh!!

i have been going to Nanaksar for as long as i can remember...my dad is "Nanaksari" and he has so much respect for them and Baba Nand Singh jee, Baba Harnam Singh jee, and Baba Ishar singh jee...

i have respect for Nanaksar too, but for the longest time i had a biased view of them...

As with any place you only get out of it what you put into it. If you go to Nanksar with a sense of cynicism then you'll leave it a cynic if you got there with devotion you will leave it with a higher sense of devotion.
thats exactly what happened to me..i was so cynical towards nanaksar...but i didnt realize what i was missing out on

even though i still may not agree with some of their ways, i still shouldn't stop myself from going there...or any other jatha program for that matter..

Every Puranmashi there is amazing Kirtan and the place is packed beyond belief.

i never really understood why they put so much emphasis on puranmashi...my dad said that its because Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born on a day of puranmashi...and thats why they celebrate it every month...he also added that its just anoth

er way to get more sangat to come. and the darbar is SOO packed, it usually takes about 10-15 minutes just to go matha tek because there's so many people.

another thing i noticed was that they have no nishan sahib, but on teh day of puranmashi, they have like 20 or so lining the parking lots...

and i have noticed that most of the babey there dont wear kirpans...or its under their clothes or something...but my mom took amrit from there and they told her all she has to wear is a necklace with a small kirpan on it...or that kanga with a minuscule piece of metal that doesnt even LOOK like a kirpan attached to it which is supposed to fulfill the requirement of wearing a sri sahib.

chamkila, the one where i live has a golak...but i dont know about any other nanaksar gurdwara

i remember when i was little (about 5/6) i went and sat on stage wiht my dad and right when i sat down a guy sitting on stage told me to go and sit with my mom...but my brother was allowed...and im pretty sure that it had nothing to do with my age...because my brother is only 2 yrs older than me...but i was the only girl on teh stage so i got kicked off :@

and that incident totallyyy made me feel so bad...i wondered for the longest time why singhnees arent allowed to do kirtan...and then a few years ago i asked my dad and he said that on sundays they have time reserved only for singhnees... and these singhnees (usually gorey) do the most chardee kala , most inspiring kirtan ever...but i still dont agree with the fact that they're not allowed on stage any other day.

anyways i still go there, partly because my dad takes us, but now when i go, i put aside the things i dont agree with and just enjoy the kirtan. smile.gif