Need Help

Ramneet Singh

ok well i'm trying to get amritshak but i seem to have a long way to go. Unlike some kids who take amrit when they are younger, i'm 17 goin 18 in like 2 months. So i'm at a age where i jus about question everything about everything grin.gif . But thanks to god i have started hanging out with a different crowd and have realized what i'm missing out on. I've gotton everything pretty much down, but am still havin trouble with the amritvela thing and some paath but i know i'll get that down to with gods blessing. But my question was, do u guys think its better to take amrit early even though u don't do everything 100%, like u bend the rules a bit, but u take it when your younger or to like wait till your older to when u think u are living a amritdhari life and then take it?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Well, first of all Congrats are in order since you have changed your ways and following Babaji's.

About your situation I would say that you should wait it out and take it only when you are truly ready because if you break it then it is a very big paap(sin). Kids that take Amrit when they are 5or6 shape their lives around that and its their lifestyle but you are going to have to change your lifestyle and its going to be harder for you ... so i think you should change your lifestyle and get down with all the Rehits and then take Amrit.

Bhul Chukh Maaf

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ps: this should be moved, this is more homework help ... atleast i think so .. oooh and Keep Up the Good Work woohoo.gif :TH:

i will take amrit once i am 100% ready

i will take amrit after college

i will take amrit after university

i will take amrit after i get married

i will take amrit when i have kids

i will take amrit when my kids get married

i will take amrit when i retire

i will take amrit just before i die

oops too late.

Goodbye chance

Hello 8.4 million cycle of hell

take it at the Next amrit sanchar.

If you ever feel you're not ready for it, THE DEVIL IN YOUR MIND SPEAKS! :D

whats the gurantee that you will live till you are "Older"???? whats the gurantee that you will see your next birthday??? whats the gurantee that you will see sun rising tomm??? whats the gurantee that you will take another breath?????

^ Amen to that.

Ramneet Singh brother. I would suggest you take Khande Di Pahul, and give your head to Guru Gobind Singh. Once you take Amrit, you will automatically want to get up at Amritvela and follow the principles properly. You will feel you have more responsibility. I am glad you have changed your ways, and are "hanging" around the good crowd. Let's continue that, and always remain in Chardi Kalaa. Also, in order to feel and be much better, keep yourself occupied, and treat yourself well. Eat right, workout at the gym, and do simran. This way you are taking care of yourself, doing the things you need, and being a well rounded person. :TH: To add to that, you become Amritdari. That's what I call complete. Keep company of Gursikhs as well.

GOOOOD LUCKKKKK!! d_oh.gif

just go 4 it bhaji

i jus tuk amrit 2 weeks ago n i am 18 n was in the same position as u

dasam baapu is calling u but u tell him to hold on for a while???

was this what any of the panj pyaraas did

.sadh sangat ji dashmesh pita jee said for the first time"i want a head"

pyaray daya singh ji made himself tyar bar tyar ...and all he needed was a third call from his father

we people recieve such calls everyday from dasham baapu and guru granth sahib ji maharaj ,regularly tells us tan man kat kat sab arpi

we wud sing along but yet say when asked upon about amrit

i m not tyaar

this moorakh wud understand if u said that there aren't any frequent amrit chak programmes but when they gonna b near ur home

u sure that u wud take amrit from panj pyaray who didn't question dasham pita's call????????

remember a day after panj pyaray were taken in dashmesh's embrace

there were appoximately 30,000more sikhs who took amrit

just a day

and its been ages and we still question if dashmesh pita is correct

ppl often say: o ji, amrit sadey kolo rakh ni hona ( we wont be able to keep it)

wel actuallu ohmy.gif sikha, tu amrit nii rakhna, amrit ney tenu rakhna (you wont and you can't keep amrit, amrit will keep you)

GO 4 IT

AMRIT HELPS U 2 KEEP UR REHIT

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

paji TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

and who said rehit is hard to keep?

guru ji says "rehit piaari mujh ko, sikh piaaree nehee"

give ur head (dont think about takin it back) and please ur guru

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh