Meat In Doncaster

khalsa s1ngh

Well Pakandi baba and Parwinder Singh, if you actually take time in reading it.....it will become sense to you both! Its an interesting read I can assure you that......its long, but it takes time to learn a few simple things! :D

I mean I can see my self eeing Guru Nanak Dev Ji tucking in to a juicy steak, can you? :D

Bhul chuk maaf

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLD ON!

Although i agree with you saying that meat should not be served in the gurus langar,

i disagree with the reason given as to why. most say "its for equality in the langhar". well i think thats all B.S beacause the real reason is beacuse ITS JUST NOT A PART OF SIKHI AND ITS BANNED IN SIKHI.

some of u said:

that it should not be served because we have to respect all relgions, e.g. hindus cant eat beef., muslims cant eat pork, ect... so we must serve vegeterian to keep the equality and respect every1 and all that nonesesne.

truth:

I can see u have knowledge of sikhi and accept human equality....but u have misunderstood.. quite a bit...

The reasons for not serving meat in a langhar hall are simple.

1) We respect all living creatures

2) all living creatures have a soul

3) Killing an animal is wrong

4) God is in all living things. "if u do not see god in all, you do not see god at all"

5) indulging with your teeth into a dead corpse does not bring about any spiritual benefit in this earthly journey to attaining god.

6) inflicting pain on another living creature is not a sikh practice, but loving is.

As u see not serving meat in langhar to respect every religion and not discriminate against any religion has nothing to do with it. its simply against sikhi to kill and eat animals.

animals have souls. we may one day be an animal too, wud it be right for some1 to kill us cuz they want to eat us between two bread buns? haha no... we are told by baba nanak that god is in all living things.

conclusion

We can do many things in life. we can murder indiscriminately, rape, steal, slurr people, lie, ect.

But only actions that Bring us closer to the Primal Lord are actions worth participating in. Reciting the lords name, reciting prayers , sewa and helping others bring about great spiritual benefit and get us closer to God.

Confidently i must say, biting into a dead animal's corpse and indulging into its flesh merely for the satisfaction of one's tastebuds , is most definately not an action that will give any spiritual benefit or get them closer to god.

Finally, for those of u who think that we dont serve meat in the gurus langar because we want to "accept every1 in the langhar hall regardless of religion " is totally rong! sure we accept every1 in the langhar hall......but thats not the reason why meat isnt served ! its simply not served beacause its not a sikh practice.. the non serving of meat is not to APPEASE PEOPLE OF OTHER RELIGIONS!

Looking at it in light of bani >

duneeN-aa murdaar khurdanee gaafal havaa-ay. rahaa-o.

gaibaan haivaan haraam kustanee murdaar bakhoraa-ay. (723. GGS) * check plz

The world eats dead carcasses, living by neglect and greed.

Like a goblin, or a beast, they kill and eat the forbidden carcasses of meat.

jeea badhahu so Dharam kar thaapahu adhram kahhu kat bhaa-ee. (1103. GGS)

You kill living beings, and call it a righteous action. Tell me, brother, what would you call an unrighteous action?

ja-o sabh meh ayk khudaa-ay kahat ha-o ta-o ki-o murgee maarai. (1350. GGS)

You say that the One Lord is in all, so why do you kill chickens?

kabeer jee-a jo maareh jor kar kahtay heh jo halaal. (1375. GGS)

Kabeer, they oppress living beings and kill them, and call it proper

kabeer bhaaNg maachhulee suraa paan jo jo paraanee khaaNhi.

tirath barat naym kee-ay tay sabhai rasaatal jaaNhi. (1377. GGS)

Kabeer, those mortals who consume marijuana, fish and wine

no matter what pilgrimages, fasts and rituals they follow, they will all go to hell.

The great poet bhai gurdas ji says;

// 31 pauree 9

je kasaaee udhariaa, jeea ghaae na khaaeeaa bhungaa.

Just because the Guru has saved the butcher,

that does not mean that we should kill animals and eat them.

OK people im just saying for anyone that may read these quotes and take them as further evidence that god agrees with meat eating, they ARE NOT!

Tell them, 'At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.'" 4Then the Lord said to Moses, "I will rain down bread from heaven for you. The people are to go out each day and gather enough for that day. In this way I will test them and see whether they will follow my instructions.
lol this isnt really a point but why would god rain down bread and not meat......????? just a small question, o n why did jesus break bread and not CHICKEN LEGS haha lol.

Jesus also drank WINEEEEE!!!! so is anyone who takes these quotes seriously gna say WINES OK TO DRINK NOW ASWELL BECAUSE JESUS DRANK IT???? or are u gna follow our gurus who told us to respect but not take heed of the teachings of other religions except their main aim, the worship of the divine one!

He only prohibits for you the eating of animals that die

of themselves (without human interference), blood, the

meat of pigs, and animals dedicated to other than GOD. If

one is forced (to eat these), without being malicious or

deliberate, he incurs no sin. GOD is Forgiver, Most

Merciful." [2:173]

again, WHO CARESSSSSSSS??? HALAL is banned in sikhism, therefore all other lectures of mohammod are not to be followed!!!

sooo, so far, ALCOHOL and HALAL. 2 of the five evils! doesnt matter even if ur tryin to prove a point, this crap shouldnt have been added on the posts, it can confuse people who dont know much else about these religions.......

"Monks, I allow you fish and meat that are quite pure in three respects: if they are not seen, heard or suspected to have been killed on purpose for a monk. But, you should not knowingly make use of meat killed on purpose for you." [2]
LOLL and therefore a DISEASED or very very raree piece of meat, u cant get this type of meat from ANYWHEREEE..... unless u go to the african desert n pick up a dead zebra while on a safari holiday, but even then what are the chances it isnt already half decomposed, disese ridden or been picked at and infected by dirty scavengers......

I know a point was tryna b proven that other religions do in fact approve of meat consumption, but even if they do, it doesnt matter cos their other ideals clash with Sikhi, which is most people heres accepted way of life....

no offence meant to anyone in particular...... :D

a person who eats meat cannot attain the spiritual level which is needed by a sikh. the guru cannot accept us , god will not accept us.

That’s your opinion which I may add is absolute bullsh*t. That Akal Tahkat does NOT believe in that opinion

Why would God evolve all hominids to be omnivores and then decide not accept those Homo Sapien hominids that eat an omnivorous diet?? Your point is devoid of common sense!

is that people wont realise til the reach a certian stage of spirituality to understand and until then they will remain ignorant.

That is both an ignorant and arrogant view that a non-meat diet equates to spirituality.

lets think about it practically, meat is not suitable for our digestive system,
All hominids (i.e. Human species) have included meat in their diet. Those hominids that we evolved from were meat eating organisms. How could we have suddenly evolved not to eat meat in one evolutionary step?

You’re a hypocrite to say we should think 'practically' when you yourself have failed to do so.

it contains toxins which are released when an animal dies, the diseases can be passed onto humans.

A lot of plants contain toxins that why we have to cook them. They contain these toxins in the first place to prevent other organisms from killing and eating them.

our teeth are not adapted for carnivores,

That’s because we are OMNIVORES!!!

We have canines. Explain that one!

there are so many other foods god gave us which pass on to us less karams, vegtables and fruits are much healthier.

Not if you’re allergic to them they’re not. Oily fish is healthy for you yet you won't promote that based on health reasons.

If you had even the basic knowledge of Human evolution you would have released that a diet that includes meat is a NATURAL diet for humans. The reason you evolved a large brain (and therefore the ability also to spread bullsh*t unfortunately) is because the ancestors that you evolved from (Homo erectus for one) included meat in their diet. If it wasn't for that, then they could not have had the rich nutrient diet to evolve a high energy demanding organ that our brains are. And therefore if it wasn’t for this brain that we evolved, we could not have the ability to contemplate God, there would be no Homo Sapiens, no Guru Nanak, not Sikhism, and no YOU.

Your post and similar aligned ones clearly show that you're incapable of reasoned thought, and of understanding simple logic, or common sense. This is most probably due to the fact that you have been brainwashed to believe in a lie and the fear of punishment in the after life prevents you even daring to contemplate the true facts.

Gursikhs that have a balanced diet (i.e. include meat in their diet) are accepting of our vegetarian brothers that believe in religious vegetarianism. However that is not the case in reverse. This shows that these Vegetarian Sikhs are intolerant and fascist individuals, (as well as devoid of the most basic grasp of scientific fact and natural history). These elitists I guess have an affinity to the attributes of Adolf Hitler, a Vegetarian and a Fascist.

Dont say Guru Gobind Singh Ji ordered the cooking of animals, you shouldnt make such statements about the Guru unless you know what really happened, and understand the facts , punishment for it may be harsh.

Only the most retched fools are scared into a belief system. It is their fear that cloaks them in the darkness of ignorance and prevents them from even daring to glimpse into the light of truth.

to reach a high spiritual state and to make the most of your naam japping, ur body needs cleasning so no meat or intoxicants. i dunno if u can still reach a high spiritual state if you do eat meat, but i imagine it would take a lifetime.....

darkness of ignorance and prevents them from even daring to glimpse into the light of truth.
come onnn peopleee, theres a whole worlddd that we cant even seee n ppl refuse to acknowledge this! they want a scientific reason for everything!!! well give me a scientific reason for god putting u on earth in the first place, give me a scientific location of sachkhand and give me a scientific description of what its like cuz id really like to know, u lot seem to have the answers for everything!

can u physically SEE the light of truth? can u mentally understanddddd the spiritual reasons for not eating meat...no because its something we feel when we meditate, it prevents u from acheiving what u coulddd acheive.

I dont eat meat because i love animals and believe in animal rights, :D in India i made loads of animal friends tongue.gif when i was little, like moowee the chota, cookur the cock, dave the maj and happy the dog that humped my leg 24/7. Plus i thought God was in all so you cant possibly kill and eat animals when given the choice its not like your starving and on a remote island ehme a vegetarian diet is just as good as a meat one.

I'm SICK of hearing this over and over again.

OK, can anyone provide a link to the so called stories of thr Gurus eating meat?? I've never seen or heard of them.

ANYONE???

Well Pakandi baba and Parwinder Singh, if you actually take time in reading it.....it will become sense to you both! Its an interesting read I can assure you that......its long, but it takes time to learn a few simple things! :D

I mean I can see my self eeing Guru Nanak Dev Ji tucking in to a juicy steak, can you? :D

Bhul chuk maaf

Well brother my eyes went all wacko.gif

BTW - I've never heard of any Guru eating meat of any kind. Some say they may have cooked it, or had it cooked, but if they had consumed i can assure you it would have been WELL DOCUMENTED!!

SACH JA CHOOOT??