Meat In Doncaster

khalsa s1ngh

Randip Beta....Can you provide links of ANY Sikhs eating meat from the Gurus time? Please don't include eating the flesh off their thighs, as this does not count!

baba deep singh ji ... himself perform jhatka ... read there janamsakhi ....

fight between baba bajj singh and baba banda singh bahadar .... first thing being banda bhadar a bearagi and veggi .. wanted all sikh panth to be a veggi .... khalsa panth never told him to eat non veg .... like today ... he insisted khalsa panth to be a veggi .... he stoped the jhatka in amritsar ... but later when traped in loh garh .... he has to change his mareyda .... bandai khalsa had to eat even there horses ... beacuse of no food ....

if u can go in detail to find the difference between tat and bandai khalsa .... 4 th kuriti they have is not to eat meat .... tat khalsa has not to eat hallal ....

ok lets go to previous time then even guru gobind singh sahib .... 6th master hargobind sahib .... most near sikh to him ... baba biddichand jee .... for whom guru sahib told biddi chand chinna guru ka sinna .... there gaddi is still on .... and from that time bhenta given in there is a goat ... as blessed by guru hargobind sahib ji .... whoes ever give bhenta of goat there his wish will be full filled ....

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randip Beta....Can you provide links of ANY Sikhs eating meat from the Gurus time? Please don't include eating the flesh off their thighs, as this does not count!

Its irrelevant....but their are accounts by Mohsin Fani. Again whether Guru's did or didn't is irrelevant. They were at such a hightened spiritual state it would make no differnce to them.

PS I am 38....so I doubt I am your son...... :D ))))

Its irrelevant....but their are accounts by Mohsin Fani. Again whether Guru's did or didn't is irrelevant. They were at such a hightened spiritual state it would make no differnce to them.

your old enough to be my dad just a few yrs younger ohmy.gif ......scary thought......i thought every1 here was around was youngish like in their teens or early 20's.....ok from now on i call you uncle ji :TH:

baba deep singh ji ... himself perform jhatka ... read there janamsakhi ....

fight between baba bajj singh and baba banda singh bahadar .... first thing being banda bhadar a bearagi and veggi .. wanted all sikh panth to be a veggi .... khalsa panth never told him to eat non veg .... like today ... he insisted khalsa panth to be a veggi .... he stoped the jhatka in amritsar ... but later when traped in loh garh .... he has to change his mareyda .... bandai khalsa had to eat even there horses ... beacuse of no food ....

They had not choice. So it was allowed. Are we now living in jungles fearing for our lives? No. So eating meat is not justified. If it is, the Sikhs ate the flesh off their thighs too, lets see all those that support meat eating, do that!

Would you like salt and vinegar with that? Enjoy :wink:

So as they didn't, should us Sikhs not be following in their footsteps? Or do we just include only what we enjoy to Sikhism?

BTW - I'm a BABA, so me calling you beta is justified. :e:

That statement says it all.

Yeah you keep on following your huntches 'sikh12910'. I'll instead use my brain and contemplate what the Guru Granth says on the matter.

hmmm..now whereeeeee exactly did i say i go by hunches?! i believe i said you simply knowwww, meaning using your brain and better judgement loll. Anyway, hunches are initiated by the brain so even if i were to have a hunch, i do believe the brain would still be in use!!..... :D

hunches and intuition can at times be helpful but are unreliable and can dangerously lead you in the wrong direction :devil:

And im glad at least you like the truth more than kfc....very reassuring to know!! :D

Love n light

Sikh

So as they didn't, should us Sikhs not be following in their footsteps? Or do we just include only what we enjoy to Sikhism?

BTW - I'm a BABA, so me calling you beta is justified. :e:

Well you are a Baba who preaches Pakhand according to your name tongue.gif ......I meet thousands everyday online and walking up and down Soho Road and Smethwick High Street.

I have said neither.....I have said they did....and I have said they didn't......but their are accounts (click on my link at footnote) they did. For me this is irrelevant because it is a personal choice, and would not effect my opinion of the Guru's.....they were truly great men.

In terms of following....we should like the 11th Guru says........control the 5 thieves.......then the relevance of the issue will become irrelevant.

Regards

They had not choice. So it was allowed. Are we now living in jungles fearing for our lives? No. So eating meat is not justified. If it is, the Sikhs ate the flesh off their thighs too, lets see all those that support meat eating, do that!

Would you like salt and vinegar with that? Enjoy :wink:

Weere you there? Can you prove they had no choice? Have you got a reliable factual account of this? Give me dates and times of who wrote the accounts of they had no choice?

look ill say it once and im not going to say it again, when u do bhagti, u dont need to read ANY history or need to be aware of scientific fact. u simply know what complements your meditation and what does not. Meat does not complement meditation. It slows the process down and it is advised agaist by many religious figures who have acheived a high spiritual state.

That may work for you but for me diet has made no difference. The only type of diet that does make a difference I have found is fatty foods, and high cholestoral.....that slows the mind and body down.

Instead of reading history and coming up with conspiracy theories, which may or may not be true, but at any rate will have differing reasons for not consuming meat, go to india or even the UK and seek some of these people out.

Point 1 - if you understood even 1 iota of Sikh history you would realise what a foolish statement you have made. These are not conspiracy theories I have come up with they are facts.

Point 2 - I have been to India and other places. I have seen and met people and Saints with varying opinion. Some consume met, and some don't......it is a personal choice.

They are extremely rare to find but they will give u the information u need if you so desire it. They are the saints who have helped countless people proved by testimony of many. They are virtuous, kind, do not sin and are the people so often spoken about in the guru granth sahib.

They are rare, but in my experince too they are dime a dozen too.

You know the fake ones from the real ones because the fake ones take alott of money, do not have faith or have misused their knowlegde for their own means ie. power and think of themselves as higher than everyone else. The ones i speak of are ever humble and have an aura and disposition that is not of this world, they live in small houses and are not showy in the least.

The one's I know are humble people who live the life of a householder.

As sukhmani sahib states, the saints will save the world. They do not let you worship oir bow down to them like the fake ones because that is not what the true ones want, they do not need names like baba or GURU!!

Same like the one's I know....they remain anonymous.

lol because they do NOT claim to be so, they are normal human beings who have done so much Bhagti and have so much faith that they have been gifted by Waheguru. They know the truth, are in contact with shaheeds from sachkhand, having acheived a state high enough through Bhagti to be able to do so, they are just here to help people. they are known to exist through Sukhmani Sahib named as the Brahmgyani, read the features of these Brahmgyanis (and no that doesnt mean BRAHMIN like everything seems to for u! :) ) and seek one out, making sure that the features and qualities are the same. -and seek one out, making sure that the features and qualities are the same because if it is written in gurbani, they surely exist, unless u wnat to argue with our gurus about the truth!!!! lol.

Yes, and the one's I have spoken to agree the question of debates over diet is irrelevant (whether they are vege or non-vege)..........it is a personal choice.

If your brain doesnt tell you what you're doing wrong and why you may not be getting far with your bhagti, these people will definitly shed some light, they're the only ones that know the truth because they have reached that spiritual stage, everyone else will just argue.... this is meant to be the easiest age to reach Waheguru, but people are missing the facts- bhagti is the most important part of sikhi and is the way to Waheguru. If theres even a slight chance u may be doing it wrong, its definitly worth seeking one of these people out.....

At least you are acknowledging I have a brain.

Mt friend I have been on a spiritual quest for years......and even after these years I know nothing.....but I do know one theing, and that arguing over such a trivial issue is irrelevant...........its like two wide boys from Ilford arguing that my BMW is faster than your BMW.

Best Wishes

your old enough to be my dad just a few yrs younger ohmy.gif ......scary thought......i thought every1 here was around was youngish like in their teens or early 20's.....ok from now on i call you uncle ji :TH:

Just because I'm an Uncle, does not mean I have any more wisdom than you......I have learned more from some 14 year olds, than some old Babay.......and thats the truth.