Sikhs2islam.com

Prem

OK -- rather than spending time fighting each other, is there anyone out there that can refute this website. I mean a well argued, well documented, well designed website specifically refuting this fundamentalist nonsense, preferably with references to historical sources, and references to Islamic sources?

If anyone can take the time to do the technical side of things I can contribute my time to writing certain essays and stuff.

Let me know if anyone wants to do this seva. I will help provide the words, but I know nothing about website design, so if anyone can do that let's do it. This is especially true in the UK in which Islamic evangelists and bigots are flourishing. Let's have a single resource available for all Sikhs to reference whenever the fundamentalists come along in the mood for an Aurengzeb pangha with us.

Guru Fateh

Thank you bro. I will contact the webmaster of that site and ask if he would like me to contribute my writing skills. It could feature updates from the news, stories like this one which are relevant to society as a whole.

My cousin was harassed by Islamic evangelists at her University and it's important that the youth are provided with the arguments and rhetoric that can be used to counterpoint them.

Guru Fateh

It's not just bibis, bro, it's everyone. Any Sikh when they are at University is always going to come across the evangelist types. 99% of Sikhs see through their game, but it can be intimidating to be confronted with fundamentalists using sly language and ways. My cousin ripped up their literature, but they still outnumber Sikhs on campuses, and that is why it is important to have the information out there (all written in a professional way) including a section on how to confront Muslim fundamentalists at University.

Guru Fateh

I have only known one Sikh in my life who converted to Islam. This was a young man from London who was only 19 years old, when I was 25 and doing my post-graduate degree at the same Uni as him. He was mona and grew up in a part of London where there were mostly blacks, there were no other Sikhs at his school, there were Pakistanis, Bangladeshis etc. When he went to University it was the first time he ever got to hang out with Sikhs in his life, and they pushed him away. He went to some SikhSoc meetings and was told more or less that he was a scumbag and unless he kept kesh he couldnt ever call himself Sikh. The Muslims were waiting and gave him a shoulder to cry on, brainwashed him, and soon he was calling himself Bilal and cutting off contact with his parents, handing out Jihad literature. It seems that half the time, Sikhs do half of the job for these Islamic fundamentalist evangelists.

Guru Fateh

I have only known one Sikh in my life who converted to Islam. This was a young man from London who was only 19 years old, when I was 25 and doing my post-graduate degree at the same Uni as him. He was mona and grew up in a part of London where there were mostly blacks, there were no other Sikhs at his school, there were Pakistanis, Bangladeshis etc. When he went to University it was the first time he ever got to hang out with Sikhs in his life, and they pushed him away. He went to some SikhSoc meetings and was told more or less that he was a scumbag and unless he kept kesh he couldnt ever call himself Sikh. The Muslims were waiting and gave him a shoulder to cry on, brainwashed him, and soon he was calling himself Bilal and cutting off contact with his parents, handing out Jihad literature. It seems that half the time, Sikhs do half of the job for these Islamic fundamentalist evangelists.

Guru Fateh

WJKK WJKF!

ive noticed that in Gurdwara too - my older brother is a 'mona' and my twin brother has a Dhastar - when were at the Gurdwara - ive noticed how MOST bibian n MOST babe treat 'mone' different.

Honestly when it comes down to it - i think MOST 'mone' have MORE Shardha and respect for SGGSJ than people of such as me maybe - who has Kes but not Amritdhari - if u get me?

WJKK WJKF!

Guest s133k_s1kh
Honestly when it comes down to it - i think MOST 'mone' have MORE Shardha and respect for SGGSJ than people of such as me maybe - who has Kes but not Amritdhari - if u get me?

Not always true tweety :D

Some Sikhs are more interested in declaring mone 'infidels' in a manner reminiscent of Muslims calling non Muslims 'Kaffir', or waging war against them, rather than showing them pyar and steadily making them part of the sangat and holding their hand. I have personally seen two mona friends of mine from Uni begin to keep kesh, and I encouraged them and spoke to them along the way. Way to go --- let's deplete our own ranks, no need for the Muslim fundamentalists or RSS wale to do that when some people are so keen on doing it to ourselves.

Guru Fateh

Guru Fateh

I know some Sikhs treat monas differently but i know plenty of religious Sikh monas who are more into Sikhi than people who have kept their hair but its a pity that some kesh (dhari) Sikhs just think they better than mr x because mr x has no kesh, so mr x goes and gets himself the chop rolleyes.gif