Beans And Sauce

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a discussion on this forum on this issue of 'alcohol' (used in terms of the chemical group and NOT the intoxicant). Maybe you should read that.

Why do people drink alcohol? Why is it prohibitied in Sikhi? (For those who believe it is banned). Its down to the intoxication properties. But with regards to food constituents I don't think there is any need to be so hardcore.

I'm not advocating that it is OK to have a bit of sherry or wine in your pasta or something, but spirit vinigar in beans, you are HARDLY likely to eat copious amounts to beans to get intoxicated.

I don't think it's a major problem!!!

I'm sure there are those that will disagree though!!!!

Guest s133k_s1kh
most amritdharis eat beans and sauce and its even served in the gurdvaras, so i was just thinking that shud i be eating sauce and beans or not. . . ive eaten sauce today. . oops

many eat MEAT too tongue.gif

Its hard for us veges you know!

I mean much harder then you probably have thought.

If you are pura vege....then its best to avoid anywhere involed in frying food...e.g. burgers and chips...espicially chippies...as they probably fry meat and fish in the same fat.

Even Subway its damned stupid as they handle and 'grab' the salads with the same gloves that they used to serve up the previous customers 'BLT-meat feast super duper cow sandiwsh'.

Same with pizaa places, the roller they used to cut the pizaa probably has been used to cut a meat based pizaa....

It just goes on and on and on....

I have to admit to sucummbing to eating at one of two of the above places and thinking about it, we have to be really careful.

LOL, if you are Manchester, just stay away from kebab and pizaa shops...lol...!!!!!