Nishan Sahibs And Battle Standards

Freed

Banda Bahadurs armies were led into battle with a Nishaan Sahib with Hanumaan on it, was this also at the times of the Mahants and Hindu caretakers Sarpach? The tegha of Guru Hargobind Sahib which is kept by the Bidhi Chandis has Kaali standing over Shivji, im guessing Guru Hargobind must have been influenced by the Mahants? The old handwritten birs of Adi Guru Granth and Dasam Guru Granth have pictures of Kalika, Shiva, Adnarishwara, Chandi and all other Devi Devte on them, are these also the works of the Mahants and Hindus?

Your arson type mentality is great, havent you learnt anything else apart from how to use a lighter?

Devi Worshop evils

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6729927.stm

Slaves to the goddess of fertility

By Damian Grammaticas

BBC News, Bagalkot, southern India

Devadasis are 'sanctified prostitutes'

In a village in southern India a child has just been born. A group of women gather round the cradle, wishing the baby a life full of riches, rubies and pearls.

"You're lucky the child is a boy," the women tell the mother. In this society girls are valued far less.

The women are all devadasis, literally slaves of the goddess.

As children their parents gave them to serve Yellama - the goddess of fertility. Her cult is thousands of years old, her followers spread across southern India.

At the temple to Yellama in Saundatti women dance and praise the goddess.

The practice of dedicating young girls as devadasis has been outlawed for over 50 years, but still it happens.

Anti-slavery campaigners estimate that there are at least 25,000 devadasis in the state of Karnataka alone.

Sexual slavery

"Being devadasis means we are slaves of the goddess. We have to visit this temple. We wear necklaces of pearls to show we are bound to Yellama. We give blessings and perform her rituals," says Imla, a devadasi in her 40s who is swathed in a pink and yellow sari.

When girls dedicated to Yellama reach puberty they are forced to sacrifice their virginity to an older man. What follows is a life of sexual slavery, they become sanctified prostitutes.

The money devadasis earn goes straight to their parents who often act as pimps for their daughters.

Goddess Yellama's cult is thousands of years old

"My parents didn't have any sons, so there was nobody to earn the family a living," says Imla.

"Instead they turned me into a <admin-profanity filter activated>. I don't even remember when I started because I was so young. My parents thought at least they'd get some money from me."

Once girls are dedicated the course of their lives is decided. They can never marry, never have a family life.

In a town nearby we found Shoba who is just 20 and has been a devadasi prostitute for seven years.

Shoba showed me her brothel, a single room she shares with her parents.

She comes from a long line of devadasis. Her grandmother was one, her sister is too.

Shoba remembers how, when she was 13 her parents dressed her as if for marriage. They auctioned her virginity to the highest bidder.

Tough life

"When the first man arrived I thought he was going to marry me," Shoba recalls, "but he slept with me and then never came back. I realised this was now my trade. Every night I was sold to whoever paid the most."

Life here on the dry, harsh Deccan plateau has always been tough, especially for girls, who are often seen as a burden for poor families, expensive to marry off.

Recent years have been marked by droughts and crop failures.

Campaigners say there are 25,000 devadasis in Karnataka state alone

The goddess of fertility is seen as a powerful force. Many believe that giving girls to Yellama will bring good fortune on a family.

It also means they don't have to save for a dowry, and the daughter becomes a bread-winner.

We found Shoba's mother Satyavati tending to her field of sunflowers. Sacrificing their daughter's life has enriched Shoba's parents.

"Someone had to continue the tradition. It had to be my daughters," she shrugs.

"Because Shoba earns so much money she has been able to build us a house, and she bought these fields. So what's the big deal?"

Secret ceremonies

Despite campaigns by India's national and state governments, the system of devadasis endures.

The number of young girls being dedicated is declining. But now the ceremonies happen in secret, so it is impossible to know exact numbers.

I asked Shoba why she doesn't just give up being a devadasi, and leave it behind?

"I can't get out of the system, even if I say I'm not a devadasi any more nobody will come forward to marry me," she says.

"I keep telling other people not to make their daughters devadasis, you are abused, it's a horrible life."

So it's a life that Shoba will never escape from. Women already dedicated cannot be freed.

The power of belief is still so strong here that she will always be a devadasi, enslaved.

• 1 month later...
Banda Bahadurs armies were led into battle with a Nishaan Sahib with Hanumaan on it, was this also at the times of the Mahants and Hindu caretakers Sarpach? The tegha of Guru Hargobind Sahib which is kept by the Bidhi Chandis has Kaali standing over Shivji, im guessing Guru Hargobind must have been influenced by the Mahants? The old handwritten birs of Adi Guru Granth and Dasam Guru Granth have pictures of Kalika, Shiva, Adnarishwara, Chandi and all other Devi Devte on them, are these also the works of the Mahants and Hindus?

Your arson type mentality is great, havent you learnt anything else apart from how to use a lighter?

Ek Onkar Satnam

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Gurbar Akaal Ji

Guru Ji says

mY n gnysih ipRQm mnwaUN ] iksn ibsn kbhUM nh iDAwaUN ]

Mai 'N' ganays(i) pritham manaaoo(n)| kisan bisan kabhoo(n) neh dhiaaoo(n)

I do not praise or hail Ganesh before I start any task. (In old times, often Ganesh

would be hailed before starting any task). Nor do I let the thought of Vishnu or any

incarnations of Vishnu (i.e. Krishna) enter my mind. (Meaning Guru Gobind Singh Ji

never regarded Vishnu or any avatars as the supreme Lord; Akaal purakh, as he states next.)

kwn suny pihcwn n iqn so ] ilv lwgI morI pg ien so ]2]

Kaan sunay pahichaan 'N' thin so| liv laagee more pag in so

I know of their existence, but I do not ever worship them. May my prayers and

thoughts always be in the immaculate, holy feet of the Lord (the one and only).

I doubt it very much if Guru Gobind Singh Ji allowed Nishaan "the seal of the Khalsa " to hail hanumaan, before battle! Remember shastars and items were also given to the Gurus as gifts from hindus and muslims alike which did contain art work from their traditions i.e. swords from muslims containing arabic scripts.

Gurfateh Ji

"I have no name"

• 3 weeks later...

Really? Do you have any idea what the constitution of Banda Singh Bahadur's army was? Was the Hanuman Nishan Sahib carried by the Khalsa that was with Banda Singh, or the common Hindus who joined him from the villages or the men sent by the Rama and Tiloka? Maybe it was held by the Gujjars who were also with him? As Banda Singh also had some Muslims in his armies are we now to start flying green flags as a part of Sikhi? Is the Tegh of Guru Hargobind something that was specifically order to be made by the Guru? or was it a gift or even captured in battle? Does the orginal Guru Granth Sahib written by Bhai Gurdas have pictures of Kalika, Chandi etc? Do the Nishans depicted in the pictures of the Gurus above show Devi/Devtas or are they depicted in the images from the times of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, a time when Brahminism was at its height in Sikhi.

Btw in this image you can see a Nihang but which samparda do the two people behind Guru Gobind Singh belong to? They don't look like Nihangs or Sewapanthis, Nirmalas and certainly not Udasis?

dsc00735ow7.jpg

Learn some critical analysis skills before posting blanket statements.

Guest Dancing Warrior

Close-up of the Guru's sword. Note the engravings and fine work done in gold. This was the sword used to kill Painde Khan in battle (in late April 1635).

Note the third engraving it shows Kali holding various Shastars a Trashul and Falcate type sword can be seen.

No doubt the bramins also snuck in here during Guru jis sleep and engraved the goddess in to his sword! rolleyes.gif

post-5753-1188031973.jpg

post-5753-1188031952.jpg

post-5753-1188031943.jpg

enjoy

• 6 months later...

The flag with the degh katar and chakkar may be our flag...

But the one with hanuman and/or godesses on it obviously not!

Many in the 'army' of the gurus or banda bahadur and even Ranjit Singh were hindus... And btw, Guru Nanak dev ji was gifted a chola with allah hu akbar and some other verses on it... They obviously wore it sometimes or even once... Does it mean they were muslim???? NOOOO

Agree with lsingh, sarpanch and proactive.

Disagree with gurbar akaal and dancing warrior.

• 2 weeks later...