Sign in to follow this  
Freed

Nishan Sahibs And Battle Standards

Banda Bahadurs armies were led into battle with a Nishaan Sahib with Hanumaan on it, was this also at the times of the Mahants and Hindu caretakers Sarpach? The tegha of Guru Hargobind Sahib which is kept by the Bidhi Chandis has Kaali standing over Shivji, im guessing Guru Hargobind must have been influenced by the Mahants? The old handwritten birs of Adi Guru Granth and Dasam Guru Granth have pictures of Kalika, Shiva, Adnarishwara, Chandi and all other Devi Devte on them, are these also the works of the Mahants and Hindus?

Your arson type mentality is great, havent you learnt anything else apart from how to use a lighter?

Really? Do you have any idea what the constitution of Banda Singh Bahadur's army was? Was the Hanuman Nishan Sahib carried by the Khalsa that was with Banda Singh, or the common Hindus who joined him from the villages or the men sent by the Rama and Tiloka? Maybe it was held by the Gujjars who were also with him? As Banda Singh also had some Muslims in his armies are we now to start flying green flags as a part of Sikhi? Is the Tegh of Guru Hargobind something that was specifically order to be made by the Guru? or was it a gift or even captured in battle? Does the orginal Guru Granth Sahib written by Bhai Gurdas have pictures of Kalika, Chandi etc? Do the Nishans depicted in the pictures of the Gurus above show Devi/Devtas or are they depicted in the images from the times of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, a time when Brahminism was at its height in Sikhi.

Btw in this image you can see a Nihang but which samparda do the two people behind Guru Gobind Singh belong to? They don't look like Nihangs or Sewapanthis, Nirmalas and certainly not Udasis?

dsc00735ow7.jpg

Learn some critical analysis skills before posting blanket statements.

• Like 1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Guest Dancing Warrior

Close-up of the Guru's sword. Note the engravings and fine work done in gold. This was the sword used to kill Painde Khan in battle (in late April 1635).

Note the third engraving it shows Kali holding various Shastars a Trashul and Falcate type sword can be seen.

No doubt the bramins also snuck in here during Guru jis sleep and engraved the goddess in to his sword! rolleyes.gif

post-5753-1188031973.jpg

post-5753-1188031952.jpg

post-5753-1188031943.jpg

enjoy

Guest Dancing Warrior

The pictures are not showing up this is probably due to the paranoia which some of the mods also suffer from nonono.gif

The flag with the degh katar and chakkar may be our flag...

But the one with hanuman and/or godesses on it obviously not!

Many in the 'army' of the gurus or banda bahadur and even Ranjit Singh were hindus... And btw, Guru Nanak dev ji was gifted a chola with allah hu akbar and some other verses on it... They obviously wore it sometimes or even once... Does it mean they were muslim???? NOOOO

Agree with lsingh, sarpanch and proactive.

Disagree with gurbar akaal and dancing warrior.

sunnybond singh makes a really gud point with guru jes chola

thas true, a lot of stuff were given as gifts, doesnt mean they were hindus or muslims

read the writings of guru je, which clearly explains their teachings

A lot of Brahmin influence crept in during the time of the Mahants and Hindu caretakers eg:paintings,and frescos,if i saw those Shiva style flags now I would burn them to be honest and frank.

lol lol hatred, hatred, what an example of a true sikh of Baba Nanak Ji

The pictures are not showing up this is probably due to the paranoia which some of the mods also suffer from :((

:LOLz: :LOLz: :LOLz: :LOLz: yeh man insecurities, doesn't agree with their type of sikhi. don't let the SGPC find out, they might "excommunicate" u from "their" panth lol :) ))))

• Like 1

Guest Zuber

Freed ji, thanks so much for these great pictures. I believe the second figure in the flag (next to Kartikkeya) in the 7th image of the 3rd of your posts might be Varha, the the third avatar of Vishnu's ten avatars. I'm assuming this because he sports a wild boar's snout as well as a prominent miter; which in Hindu iconography is a symbol exclusively for Vishnu and his avatars. Varha also happens to be a major fighting stance/style in traditional Sikh martial arts (shastar vidya). It is fitting that he would be associated with the Sikh military.

For my fellow Singhs/Kaurs, I would request that you look at these pictures with an open mind. We cannot deny the fact that there are mentions and even praise of entities commonly assumed to be Hindu deities in our many art forms (even our martial arts) and scriptures. It is a terrible misconception that the Gurus worshiped Devis and Devtas, these entities are personifications of both universal and internal spiritual elements. They should be interpreted not literally but rather metaphorically (as should much of our bani) so that we can attain that spiritual awakening that the Guru intended we have. Have faith in Akal Purakh, the one and only worthy of worship!

Gurfateh!

The Chandi Nishan Sahibs were firstly the battle standards of a region, when the Khalsa Fauj took over a certain region, to avoid confusion, they took the battle standard and then the members of that region tended to fight under the Empire-just to clear any misconception or controversy, as well as a Nishan Sahib representing a group of people, it can also represent a region, for example how in the U.K. each city has it's own coat of arms, each region in India in the past would have it's own Nishan.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• just heard the accents, not I am definitely convinced about the waste-hole areas. Good thing is most of the women are dressed respectfully, except the tall one behind the girls asking for money.
    • Your right about the 2 lines i don't agree with skipping the 2 lines from Chaupai Sahib too.  Even though i follow the Sikh Rehat Maryada and respect it i choose to do all of Kabyo Baach Benti. Thats my choice Sikh Rehat Maryada is the minimum required. If you wanna do more Bani thats Great. Chardi kala. Thats your choice.  If you want to avoid halal. Your choice  If you want to avoid meat altogether. Thats fine too  Lets not attach dietary guidelines with sikhism.  Even Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj says in a very long pankti that Fools argue over this. Saag has life too. So does the micro organisms we breath. But we don't cover our mouths like jains. And we are not hindus who avoid eggs. Even though unfertilized eggs are vegetarian. Thats a different topic.  This is Not SGPC maryada This is Akal Takht maryada Watch this link Bhai Jagraj Singh  Lets not divide the panth with different maraydas. Your dietary options will not bring you closer to Waheguru. Jap Naam.   
    • Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the living Guru.  You been debating a Rhadasoami, however that's spelled, or something?
    • people will ask kurdiwale koi hor  munda nahin labba eh lafunga kiton mileya si ? plus if  there are younger sisters in the house it could create wrong impression in people's mind about how much bad behaviour they as a family will put up with from mundevale just to get their daughters married i.e. put them on the back foot. This is the first time this 'son' is visiting his new parents didn't Guru ji say to respect them as much as possible in fact more than one's own since they are giving you their most treasured child? There is formality of manners which is actually showing compassion and consideration to others' feelings, we are not meant to spoil another's chances or life through our words and actions that is antigurmat. the guy/girl who tries show up their inlaws is NOT following sikhiya of Guru ji but doing their own manmat to feed their egoes. What is wrong with him standing and negotiating or do as my kid bro did and say 'hold on Mum Dad; I'm coming , look Guys her folks are calling me '... and just shove the few notes he had in his pocket into their hands ...and go in the front door? would you honestly have been happy if that had happened to your sis , Mum and Dad? If the guy can't show respect to his bride's mother and father in front of their whole family when is he ever going to?
    • Paranoia could be sign of mental illness so do see a therapist, doctor or counselor Keep doing paath as well

Important Information

Terms of Use