Seperated

Guest CONFUSED.COM!

Guest CONFUSED.COM!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki fateh!

my parents are seperating. This has been inevitable for a while now - nothing i can do about it really. they wont listen; so its been accepted. I have to younger brothers and a sister and well we're very close. My brothers are stayin with my mum and i am moving away with dad and gran. I dunno I suppose i didnt know who else to talk to thats y i'm postin here. I dont know what to do. I love my family and i never thought that this would ever in a million years happen. I try to pray but i cant - my mind wont focus, i cant sleep or anything...has anyone on here been in the same kinda situation? I'm moving a pretty far distance away too, so i wont be able to seee my friends or family very easily. its a whole new life...nothing seems to be going right recently either. Is this a test from Waheguru? Please please help!

Bhul Chukk Maaf Karni

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waeguru Ji Ki Fateh/!

Guest gurrvah

WJKK WJKF

I went through kind of a similar situation when I was about 14-15, back then my parents weren't amritdhari, although they never really got divorced they were about to. Did you talk to your other family about it, or did they talk to your parents to see if you can come to a conclusion for the sake of the kids. I feel like your dad/mom's parents need to talk to your parents and to tell them that if they are concerned about the future of their kids they will try to make it work.

TIME TIME TIME it is the biggest healer I know from experience, if they decide to give it some time to think about the situation and look at all the cons of getting divorced they will surely realize. But Veerji/Bhainji all I can tell you is that Guru Sahib says no-one in this world is ours, everyone is out for their own happiness/sukh, whether its your parents/spouse/siblings, apne hi sukh seo sabh laage|

I suggest you start doing Sukhmani Sahib da paath everyday, 2 if possible, and see its wonders. Bani is very powerful and can heal the greatest of wounds.

Bhul chuk muaf.

WJKK WJKF

been thru it.... my rents are divorced.. buh it was more of a 'easier' situation wit us, 'cause we all stayed wit my momz... n dun nun of us speak to da 'old man'... i don't even refer to him as 'dad' anymore... we live in the same city, for now, buh we don't ever see 'him'... kinda cut off ties wit 'his' family too, for the most part... buh anyway... i's a tuff situation... i dunno how ur situation become dat way, buh ours was a long time comin too.... alcohol, abuse, cursin, money... all'a dat played a part...

it actually got pretty serious for us a few times, i almost dun tingz that i woulda probably regretted, or ended up goin to jail for...

buh all tha's in the past... we're happy now... very happy actually...

sangat, sikhi, and God is wha helped us thru this... although i's hard to concentrate, don't give up... in the end, we realized that Everything happens for a reason... and to just accept God's will as being true... without sangat, i dunno where we'd be... thank God for that...

thingz might be lookin down for the family in the short run... buh as u grow older u'll realize things and accept the outcome...

if u need to talk to sum1 bout this jus PM me... i dunno how much help i can be, buh i'll do wha i can...

be in Chardi Kalaa!!

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

been thru it.... my rents are divorced.. buh it was more of a 'easier' situation wit us, 'cause we all stayed wit my momz... n dun nun of us speak to da 'old man'... i don't even refer to him as 'dad' anymore... we live in the same city, for now, buh we don't ever see 'him'

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

That is exactly the same story with me

Just do Naam Simran (with a smile :D ) and things will get alot better

Just tell your parents straight that you do not want to get separated from your brothers and sisters. Tell them how much it is hurting you. If they love you they shall listen to you.

I hope everything works out for you

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Hey, thanks for having the courage to post here. Life is full of tests. Pain and joy are universal emotions and they are also perspectives. Maintain perspective as much as possible.

Do you have free counseling available to you through school, through employment etc? Ask your doctor about getting counseling if you wish. Be discreet, but tell people at school or work about what you are going through if it is helpful. If you’re having a difficult time at either, it may be sensible to explain why. Rather than becoming more difficult, those environments can become another support.

Talk to others around you. The simple humility in Heera Singhs kind offer to PM makes me think that he’d be an excellent person to take up on that offer.

Tell us more about your situation, keeping in mind a certain degree of privacy. What country are you in. How old are you, your siblings? When is the anticipated move? Do you have family support outside of parents?

You sound very strong and sensible. It’s beautiful to hear that you and your siblings are so close. That’s not always the case. Cherish that, cause some siblings live close together but never get along.

A strange thing happens when people close to one another move away. Often they become and remain even closer. They don’t take one another for granted and have a more meaningful relationships. That has been my experience. Of course, your circumstances make all the associated changes seem negative, when some are just changes, not necessarily negative.

We are here, talk to us.