Mona

Guest vjkk vjkf

Guest vjkk vjkf

vaheguruuuuuuu

im a mona right now..well all i cut is my uppper lip and eyebrows..but i consider that being a mona..

i want view on this ..

BE HONEST

what do you guys think, when you see a mona..

do u shake your head?

do u give htem less respect?

do u want to talk to them?

so u NOT want to talk to them

please dont judge the topic..maybe some monas will understand after reading this...

(this topic was on another sikhi site and it helped A LOT of people i know who were mona and nonmona)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mona=male, moni=female

i see a mona/moni with a sense of sorrow/pity

if only they knew what they were wasting, they have been given the chance to know of sikhi and gurbani and naam.

dont waste it.

every one deserves to be respected

i wouldnt talk to some one if i thought it would affect my sikhi dramatically

vaheguruuuuuuu

im a mona right now..well all i cut is my uppper lip and eyebrows..but i consider that being a mona..

i want view on this ..

BE HONEST

do u shake your head?

please dont judge the topic..maybe some monas will understand after reading this...

(this topic was on another sikhi site and it helped A LOT of people i know who were mona and nonmona)

Do you shake your head? At times yes, because most of the time they give stupid excuses for not being a SINGH.

Do you give them less respect? No, because that can further them from Sikhi. I want Patits to turn into Singh Soorme.

Do you want to talk to them? If they show respect, I give respect. Simple as that.

No one here as the right to judge anyone, but I can tell you this much a Patit is a Patit, he can be a good human being, but not a SIKH. Intill he/she keeps doing BIPRAN KI REET, they will stay a Patit, the time when they become SONS of Guru Gobind Singh, that's when Guru Sahib will take care of them.

Manmitchera, i think hes asking here bcoz anyone can discuss sikhi related issues on a forum, i know the idea sounds crazy but i think it means hes asking for a discussion. As far as i have seen his shaving issue is minor in comparison to people that get the full mcCoy go bald shae all facial hair, drink alcohol, taake a puff (nownagain) and do bhangra at the most inappropriate times yet consider themselves strong sikhs.

do u shake your head? I try not to, but at times when you hear them say things like vand ke chako, kirth karo..there isnt really nyfing to do but shake the head.

do u give htem less respect? Again i try to give them more respect, they shave and yet pick up the courage to go gurdwara, i mean i know this one sikh that is a mona (go on slaughter him u know u wana) but he is the most compasssionate old man i have seen every step is wahguru with this guy. He does so much seva that it would take 10 committes to arrange it if he left.

do u want to talk to them? People like this i would want to talk to yes.

so u NOT want to talk to them If i think this person is a mona and will try to convince me that mona is the way forward, then no ill not waste my time. If i think this person is on their path to sikhi then i will help them...depends alot.

YOu need to ask yourself first, what is it you get out of shaving certain parts of your hair. Does it buy your way into society? Do you think youl get all the attention? Coz i mean your next generation will look at that and say well maybe if i take my beard off then i can use my dads moustache as an excuse, the next generation may think that ok if he can do that then ill get my ear pierced, before you know it the next has got 2 piercings a tatto and has ran off with an underage gorree.

Now you tell me what will you do if that is what happens in your particualr family tree. Please do not say that it is highly unlikely as i have seen first hand this is highly possible.

my mind being as weak as it is makes it really easy at times to judge someone and hav an opinion about them just by their appearence. i try to avoid it. however as a sikh we have no rite to judge anyone. personnaly i see it as, one day in the past, i was walking the same way they wer. instead of thinking negative, try helping them. Gurbani says:

ham nehee cha(n)gae buraa nehee koe ||

I am not good; no one is bad.

if this is the case above what Guru Nanak dev ji says, who gives us the right to look at any one and do any of the following:

shake your head?

them less respect?

not want to talk to them?

forget shaking my head when looking at others, i shake my head thinking of myself!

Personally i think a sikhs approach to these people in any of these manners will only make them dislike sikhs and not understand them even further. however it is important to try ensuring your sangat is mainly gursikhs to keep progression in your own sikhi

We also need to remember that non of us came into sikhi over night (apart from those gifted ones), its a slow and steady progression. we just need to ensure we do take those steps towards Guru Sahib, for then mahraaj will keep their end of the deal and take countless steps towards you

forgive me if have said anything wrong as i am the probably the most judgemental person out there.

vaheguruuuuuuu

i want view on this ..

BE HONEST

do u shake your head?

I dont think all members of SS are keshdhari... plus ive met many monas who are way more religious than some of the so called kesh dhari Sikhs ive met, infact its the mona type Sikhs who have mostly helped me and inspired me to become a better Sikh...just because you been brought up to keep your hair doesnt make you any more religious/better than mr.x who hasnt! In fact ive mostly felt intimadated and looked down upon by keshdharis until 'recently' when i started to feel more comfortable and became more 'spiritually'/religiously aware. :TH:

Guest Bass Singh

i luv em!!!

i got lots of moneh mates, they funny! they wicked!!!

if we start disccussing y we hate moneh, thats just stupid man! y hate any1! just jaap naam!

vaheguroooooooooooo!!

MONEHHHHH WILL SLOWLY FEEL WARM AND INVOLVED WITH SIKHI AND COME IN! I WAS THE SAME, I GOT SHOWN LOVE AND RESPECT BY SINGHS!

VAHEGUROO!!