Mona

Guest vjkk vjkf

youth that are not into Sikhi want to grow their hair, and be keshadari but the only place they get discouragement from is their families. I can't believe there are families out there that don't encourage Sikhi Saroop. There was a time where mothers would rather have their sons/daughters bodies cut limb by limb rather than cutting their kesh, and here we are were no one even cares about Sikhi
yeepppp, its definitly sad how some guys and girls dont have their parents support. their dads and brothers will drink and encourage them to drink and to cut kesh and their mothers may cut their hair and try and make the girl feel stupid if she keeps hers...... however this is only an issue if you are a very good person and take amrit becuse then ur under the protection of guru gobind singh ji and are under and obligation not to cut it- (note u have to be an amazinglyyy good peson if you take amrit, must have done much bhagti and must control the 5 sins to the best of your ability, not doing so would be disrespectful and shameful..).... any other person wishing to keep kesh keeps it out of choice or respect which is very commendable.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manmitchera, i think hes asking here bcoz anyone can discuss sikhi related issues on a forum, i know the idea sounds crazy but i think it means hes asking for a discussion. As far as i have seen his shaving issue is minor in comparison to people that get the full mcCoy go bald shae all facial hair, drink alcohol, taake a puff (nownagain) and do bhangra at the most inappropriate times yet consider themselves strong sikhs.

lol...im not saying dont ask on this forum, i was saying y ask a gursikh on their opinion if monay are gud or bad ppl, Ask yourself.

You've asked a question that I wouldn't expect to be on this forum. You should have equal respect for everyone, whether they are white, black, muslim, sikh or mona-sikh.

Don't listen to A-Class idiots like Khalsa4Ever, I mean why would you say you despise monai??? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!!

How could a mona help it if his parents cut his hair from birth?? To be honest with ya it's people like you that can drive people away from Sikhi by lookin down your nose at somebody. Stereotypical views like yours aren't doing any good to nobody.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Lol, class A <banned word filter activated> I am :D

I did say it was a flaw of mine that I am trying to improve upon. The ones that irk me are those that take amrit one day, and a week later shave it all off. I've had bad experiences honestly, and I admit that that is clouding my judgment.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

In respone to Khalsa4Ever.....

Well so what if somebody decides to shave their hair off?? Thats up to them and its none of your business, focus on your own Sikhi instead of criticising others.

Firstly that doesn't count as a bad experience, and it certainly doesn't give u any excuse to despise all monai.

You should remember that you're posting on a youth forum and kids come on here lookin for guidance on how to become the best Sikhs they can. Whatever you post on here can influence their judgement.

If you feel that way then thats your choice, I'm certainly not gonna convince you otherwise. But such extreme views like these should be kept out of this forum, regardless of what reasoning there is behind them.

In respone to Khalsa4Ever.....

Well so what if somebody decides to shave their hair off?? Thats up to them and its none of your business, focus on your own Sikhi instead of criticising others.

Firstly that doesn't count as a bad experience, and it certainly doesn't give u any excuse to despise all monai.

You should remember that you're posting on a youth forum and kids come on here lookin for guidance on how to become the best Sikhs they can. Whatever you post on here can influence their judgement.

If you feel that way then thats your choice, I'm certainly not gonna convince you otherwise. But such extreme views like these should be kept out of this forum, regardless of what reasoning there is behind them.

SO WHAT?!? Dude, you must be out of your frikin mind. What do you mean so what? We have to tell people that it is wrong doing that. If Khalsa4Ever does despise Patits, why do you care? Why are you getting a heart attack over it? rolleyes.gif Just like you said, mind your own business and FOCUS on your own Sikhi. If he does despise Patit, than let him, don't tell him to do this or that.

Yeah, he knows this is a forum, this is not rocket science. But, you are rating the forum a little way too much, if people are getting their Sikhi knowledge just from this website, than I gotta admit that they better change their ways. This website is not Guru Granth Sahib, its' a forum where anybody from anywhere can write THEIR opinons.

Anyways, like I have been saying Patits will remain Patits intill they don't become sons/daughters of Guru Gobind Singh. Guru Gobind Singh will only take care of them if they adapt his lifestyle which INCLUDES Sikhi Saroop. Otherwise, they are just going to be wondering off and never settle down in life. Guru Gobind Singh does not want your love or excuses for not being a Singh Soorma, he wants the Sikhi Saroop on people which goes along with Naam Japna, and Kirat Karna!!!!!!!

I don't care if Khalsa4Ever despises monai thats up to him, what I'm sayin is he shouldn't be posting those kind of views on here.

I never said that this forum is the be all and end all of Sikh knowledge, what I said was that kids post on here looking for advice and guidance.

Would you want our youth to learn to despise monai or think of everybody equally??? Fair enough saying that cutting your hair is a sin and encouraging them to keep their hair, but to lead them in the direction of hating somebody is wrong.

I'm sure Khalsa4Ever wasn't trying to influence anybodys opinions, all I'm saying is that it can have that effect, so maybe he should keep those sort of views to himself.

Mod Note: Please don't use profanity on the board. Thanks.

jy ko gur qy vymuKu hovY ibnu siqgur mukiq n pwvY ]

jae ko gur thae vaemukh hovai bin sathigur mukath n paavai ||

One who turns away from the Guru, and becomes baymukh - without the True Guru, he shall not find liberation.

pwvY mukiq n hor QY koeI puChu ibbykIAw jwey ]

paavai mukath n hor thhai koee pushhahu bibaekeeaa jaaeae ||

He shall not find liberation anywhere else either; go and ask the wise ones about this.

Anyk jUnI Brim AwvY ivxu siqgur mukiq n pwey ]

anaek joonee bharam aavai vin sathigur mukath n paaeae ||

He shall wander through countless incarnations; without the True Guru, he shall not find liberation.

iPir mukiq pwey lwig crxI siqgurU sbdu suxwey ]

fir mukath paaeae laag charanee sathiguroo sabadh sunaaeae ||

But liberation is attained, when one is attached to the feet of the True Guru (following gurus teaching), chanting the Word of the Shabad.

khY nwnku vIcwir dyKhu ivxu siqgur mukiq n pwey ]22]

kehai naanak veechaar dhaekhahu vin sathigur mukath n paaeae ||22||

Says Nanak, contemplate this and see, that without the True Guru, there is no liberation. ||22||

as someone so nicely put it on this board sometime back. something along the lines of

old/real sikhi - i'm nothing, everyone else is better than me,

new sikhi - if you dont have amrit, you are not even a sikh :ysad: