Nanaksar Coventry Nagar Keertan Video

Guest Hardeep_S_Khalsa

Agree, lets not knock Nanaksar per se, this is one individual and the power he has over the one gurdwara sahib (in the uk at least).

we need more facts about his acivities in canada as this is his abse for action. does he just come to the UK to stir trouble or is he upto this at home in canada too?

i have seen rcmp (Royal Canadian Mountain Police) documents which proved that he was caught driving drunk in the streets, there was a major article on him with all the facts, this guy- harnek singh is living the name of sant mihan singh ji who was a student of baba nand singh ji himself, this harnek singh intially was a good student/great sevadar of sant mihan singh ji but dont know what happened? he got curropted over time, when baba mihan singh ji gave him seva during his last breaths, he was genuine and did lot of seva. In over time, he got really curropted.. i guess ridhya sidhya, ego, power got to him.

Here are the few articles on him:

http://www.asianpacificpost.com/portal2/ff...charges.do.html

http://www.asianpacificpost.com/portal2/40...9801413.do.html

Sant Samaj excommunciated him because of his kartuta in canada and uk:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040105/ldh1.htm

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Nanaksar Gurdwara in Winnipeg, Canada, also controlled by Harnek Singh Grewal.? There are some disturbing news about that place.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/01/13/...ts.html?ref=rss

Sikh community 'stunned' by sex charges against priests

Last Updated: Saturday, January 13, 2007 | 12:59 PM ET

CBS News

The Sikh community in Winnipeg is reacting with shock to news that police have formally charged three Sikh priests with a variety of sexual assault charges.

All three teach at the Gurdwara Nanaksar temple in the St. Vital area.

The priests are alleged to have abused a Winnipeg man when he was a boy, over a period of more than five years from June 1990 to January 1996.

"The community is totally stunned by this," said Tej Bains, a retired social worker and activist.

"We are still in shock and there's a number of factors. First of all, we just don't talk about sexuality and … we really honour our priests."

Bakhshish Singh, 47, Kuljit Singh, 43, and Dalbag Singh, 37, all face charges of sexual assault, sexual exploitation, sexual interference and invitation to sexual touching.

Some Sikhs have identified the Gurdwara Nanaksar temple as that of a sect outside mainstream Sikhism in which religious leaders remain celibate.

The priests were first arrested Dec. 23 and are set to appear in court next month.

They have been ordered to stay away from the alleged victim. They've also been told to hand over their passports and not be in the presence of anyone under 18 years without supervision.

Sheldon Pinx, the lawyer representing all three men, said last month that his clients maintain their innocence and deny all charges.

Meanwhile, a police spokesperson says there may be more arrests in the case.

Guest waheguruji

Is the Nanaksar Gurdwara in Winnipeg, Canada, also controlled by Harnek Singh Grewal.? There are some disturbing news about that place.

i think that Gurdwara Nanaksar is run by Baba Gurdev Singh Ji and instead of doing Nindya to defame Nanaksar read this

Behangam Marag

The word Behangam means a 'bird' which rises above Baba Nand Singh Ji chose this word for his honory attendants who wanted to remain at Nanaksar full time and give up all possessions Baba Ji gave them these guidlines

1) Not to talk to another woman other than their mother or sister

2) Not to keep any money however big or small

3) If they misbehaved they werent given any food for a day or two and were given punishment in the form of Sewa like fetching water and sweeping

At Nanaksar Baba Nand Singh Ji said no Maya will be allowed here in any form

1) Money is not offered there

2) Langar is not prepared there (is brought by Sangees)

3) Women cannot come alone they have to bring their partner father brother etc along with them

Baba Ji also said "if a family man falls down he has family money fame etc and if a Behangam falls down he has nothing" so please understand instead of doing Nindya

• 3 weeks later...

you people make me laugh ... you will never stop a sant .... hahaha!!! you are hilarious ... dancing at a nagar kirtan ... what paap is that? do you know how deeply we were in the kirtan ... trust me mates! you will never know ... us nanaksaris rock =D woopey and you will never change us! onli our lovely great bestest baba ji tells us what to do ... we don't listen to kids lke you ;] so hush! =D cos if you reply to this its gonig thru one ear and out the other .... ;] x

At Nanaksar Kaleranwale,

They say we dont' accept money, but thats the opposite, there's a golak in a basket weave,where you put money. If anyone's noticed there's a fence near the Guru Granth Sahiab at Kaleranwale that has the Mercedez logo -no joke.

I am not saying Nanaksar is a joke, but honestly we Sikhs should stop these deras, because all of it is just praying to babas. Hence the new term - Nanaksaris, how is this different from praying to Baba Ji instead of Guru Ji directly.

All I know is Nanaksar in Vancouver is messed up as well, the people have found out that Harnek has done all these things, but they dont care. The Gurdwara is probably sitting on land that is worth roughly $20-25 million USD. I mean they make money frorm akhand paths, with monai paathis. Lets say the average akhand path is like $500 bucks, at one time there will be 7 akhand paths. $3500 just on that. And nanaksar has tables at the Gurdwaras, and I dont think there has ever been any other Sikhi Parchar at the gurdwara, anything for the youth. Its all going to fund Harnek's lifestyle. I know some SS members will come right at me, but honestly if we compare SukhSagar gurdwara to Nanaksar, you'll notice there is seva being done there.

All I can say is yeah there is satkar of Guruji, and its a huge building, but whats the point of these marble buildings, if there is no maryada being met, all I know is these gurdwaras out west are just money making cash machines. There's only a few gurughars like SukhSagar that are decent.

well u sed that it is just prayin to babas, well i dont recall anyone prayin to sant baba nand singh ji or sant baba isher singh ji, those mahapursh had the most respect and satkar for maharaj and it wud be hard to find a mahapursh like them today, and plus they neva told sangat to pray to them they always pointed in guru maharajis direction, but i dunno bout harnek, he prob does hav ppl prayin to him lol.