Ganges - Bathe In The Sewers...

Pakandi baba

flushed for Hindu bathers

Some 70m devotees are expected over the 45-day festival

India's Ganges river at the city of Allahabad has been flushed with fresh water from upstream to improve bathing for millions at a key Hindu festival.

Some holy men, or sadhus, had threatened to boycott bathing in waters they considered too polluted.

Five million devotees have already gathered on the banks of the river for the 45-day Ardh Kumbh festival.

Sunday and Monday are considered auspicious bathing days as the sun enters the Tropic of Capricorn.

Hindus believe that bathing at Sangam, the confluence of three holy rivers - Ganges, Yamuna and the mythical Saraswati - can wash away their sins.

Pitcher battle

Water from canals and dams upstream was released to clean the river at the northern city of Allahabad to pacify the sadhus, some of whom had threatened to kill themselves.

Some Sadhus were angry at the pollution of the water

Local official RN Trivedi told Associated Press news agency: "We are trying to win them over. There is enough fresh and clean water in the Ganges and it is fit for bathing."

Offerings cast into the river and waste and sewage dumped into it have polluted the river over many years.

Astrologers are divided on the most auspicious time of alignment but millions of Hindu devotees are expected to bathe late on Sunday and early Monday.

The Ardh Kumbh Mela, which began on 3 January, is one of the largest gatherings on Earth, with more than 70m Hindus expected to attend over the 45-day period.

It is a smaller version of the Kumbh Mela, or Pitcher Festival, which takes place every 12 years.

According to Hindu mythology, gods and demons fought a celestial war over a pitcher of divine nectar. Allahabad is one of the four towns where drops of nectar fell during the battle

Hindu idiots thinking this is true. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show some respect, you call yourself a Sikh and degrade the faith of others diepig.gif

lol - It's what the Gurus were against. Stupid beliefs.

Sikh people stil bathe in places like the Harminder Sahib...but thats probably to clean yourself before being in the presence of the Guru but i hear people say it will wash away your sins..... :D .....thats what the Hindus believe about the ganges.........

Who cares Pakhandi Baba my brother. I say:

If they want to bathe in a "sacred" water, than let them.

If they want to believe in 330 million GOD, than let them.

If they want to worship animals, and idols, than let them.

If they want to ring bells before entering a religious centre, than let them.

If they want to dance around Mata, and shout slogans "Jai Mata Di", than simply let them.

:D :mellow:

Gurufateh!

wow! this is well interesting - i dont have nothing against ANY faith that doesnt come against Sikhism - but Hindu's believe in well different things - its like that story at the time of Guru Nanak Dev Ji - went to do Ishnan - and Hindu's were pouring water towards the sun - Guru Nanak Dev Ji start pouring the opposite way - and they start laughing - they asked him what he was doing - and Guru Ji said he was pouring water to reach his fields in his Pind - Hindu's thought had Guru Ji gone crazy?? - Guru Nanak Dev Ji simply answered if this water cant reach a few KM's from here, do you actually think your water reaches the sun??

maaf karna if i have said ANY part of this khanee wrong!!! But i think ive made a small point somewhere in there :TH:

Gurufateh!

Gurufateh!

wow! this is well interesting - i dont have nothing against ANY faith that doesnt come against Sikhism - but Hindu's believe in well different things - its lyk that story at the time of Guru Nanak Dev Ji - went to do ishnan - and Hindu's were pouring water towards the sun - Guru Nanak Dev Ji start pouring the opposite way - and they start laughing - they asked him what he was doin - and Guru Ji said he was pouring water to reach his fields in his Pend - Hindu's thought had Guru Ji gone crazy?? - Guru Nanak Dev Ji simply answered if this water cant reach a few KM's from here, do you actually think your water reaches the sun??

maaf karna if i have said ANY part of this khanee wrong!!! But i think ive made a small point somewhere in there :TH:

Gurufateh!

OUCH!! :D

The most dirtiest river on earth was what a gora tld me once the thames is a million times cleaner than tht crap hole,they drink from therer bathein there excrete in ther let pump sewage there wash their dishes there throw ashes of the dead there throw dead bodies there they do all sorts makes me sick they are destorying the environment CALL GREENPEACE SAVE THE PLANET FROM THE RIVER POLLUTERS - flipiing river worshippers

flushed for Hindu bathers

Some 70m devotees are expected over the 45-day festival

India's Ganges river at the city of Allahabad has been flushed with fresh water from upstream to improve bathing for millions at a key Hindu festival.

Some holy men, or sadhus, had threatened to boycott bathing in waters they considered too polluted.

Five million devotees have already gathered on the banks of the river for the 45-day Ardh Kumbh festival.

Sunday and Monday are considered auspicious bathing days as the sun enters the Tropic of Capricorn.

Hindus believe that bathing at Sangam, the confluence of three holy rivers - Ganges, Yamuna and the mythical Saraswati - can wash away their sins.

Pitcher battle

Water from canals and dams upstream was released to clean the river at the northern city of Allahabad to pacify the sadhus, some of whom had threatened to kill themselves.

Some Sadhus were angry at the pollution of the water

Local official RN Trivedi told Associated Press news agency: "We are trying to win them over. There is enough fresh and clean water in the Ganges and it is fit for bathing."

Offerings cast into the river and waste and sewage dumped into it have polluted the river over many years.

Astrologers are divided on the most auspicious time of alignment but millions of Hindu devotees are expected to bathe late on Sunday and early Monday.

The Ardh Kumbh Mela, which began on 3 January, is one of the largest gatherings on Earth, with more than 70m Hindus expected to attend over the 45-day period.

It is a smaller version of the Kumbh Mela, or Pitcher Festival, which takes place every 12 years.

According to Hindu mythology, gods and demons fought a celestial war over a pitcher of divine nectar. Allahabad is one of the four towns where drops of nectar fell during the battle

LOL kill themselevs over water LOL stupid bramins,god u knw there are a billion hindus in India and a billion chinese in china if these people stoped polluting as they are or stopped reproducing so quick Global warming would go dwn and pollution would be reduced by 45%,if britain stopped tommorw polluting c02 India would fill the space in 6 months so no point us wrking to stop global warming these bamans are going to mess things up anyway we got 2 stop these river polluters first -they must be killing off the food chains and fishes