Gay Person Wanting To Take Amrit

Guest a gays friend

Guest a gays friend

Ok this is kinda crazy, but my friend is really thinking of taking amrit... infact i think he probably will somtime this month, but he's gay... i'm not amritdhari or nefin but i know a bit about sikhism, enuff to say that homosexual stuff is not a part of it. ...he sez its ok and that sikhi accepts it, and will carry on with a male relationship even after amrit, not boyfriend or nefin, but marriage wise.

is that ok? maybe i am rong, and sikhi does accept gay people.

Admin Note: To avoid further negative discussion on this topic, we request the 'guy in question' to ask such questions from panj piyaray.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Admin Note: To avoid further negative discussion on this topic, we request the 'guy in question' to ask such questions from panj piyaray.
:TH: right to the point.

i'd say this needs to be closed now :)

I dont know if im wrong so forgive me if i say anything wrong

Firstly ask yourself this: Do Gursikhs ever judge anyone by colour, creed, race? Never. So why would they judge based on the sexual orientation of a human being?

A Gursikh is one who has become the dust of the Saint's feet, who have given up their needs and desires and devoted themselves 100% towards Guru Saahib. Needless to say they have become one with God.

I myself have never felt accepted totally by anyone except Guru Saahib proven to be said that i dont think Guru Saahib would ever turn away someone who is considered Gay or a Lesbian. Gursikhi is about your love and about your acceptance to all that Guru Saahib does. He created all Gay's and Lesbians, no? Of course he knew what he was doing in the process. What kind of Sikhs would we be if we said, " He cant' partake in taking Amrit because HE'S DIFFERENT or he will marry a man rather than a women" ? A sikh of Guru Gobind singh would openly accept him and become the dust of his feet for wanting to give his head to Guru ji.

I would say despite everything about a person, taking amrit is about Love and utter belief in God.

Bull chaauk maaf if i have said anything wrong.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

lolz ok firstly i dont know bt i think one of the Gurus said gays are gays because of their karma is mixed up..something like that.. plus without being offensive or anything i think being gay is probably biological and well a Amritdhari Sikh should not conduct himself in a physical relationship with one from his or her gender. Thirdly to ask such a question to panj pyaare would mean that you have b****z therefore are probably straight curious LOL.gif *sorry*!

PS: i dont know what im saying but the post before mine sounds good^^^^^^^^^

Guest A nobody

Wow!

I thought I was the only gay wannabe Sikh out there. Im planning on getting Amridhari soon aswell but I dont know wether I shall settle down with a male or be on my own.