I Love A Muslim Girl

Guest _GUPT_

marry someone that loves YOU, not the one you love

I concur that. Damn man, Papi is giving good advice these days. :TH: Ask her even if she loves you, and say that if she loves you, is she willing to become Sikh. Be careful, she better not be one of those girls that wants you to convert to their religion and than marry her. If you give up your sikhi for her, than I must say that Sikhi is not important to you, and religion should be before a girl. Like I said, is she willing to convert to Sikhism if she loves you so much, if not than I wouldn't be too sure about this girl. Frankly, I think its' best to keep it in the religion. Normally, someone you love will not love you back, just like papi said marry someone that loves YOU, not that YOU love. :TH:

ummm :cool: how is that possible?how can u expect someone to love u if u dont? what if the other person is thinking the same way? :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont really know how to start this..

I have known this muslim girl for 7 years and we have become very very close. I recently began to develop feelings for her but at the same time i am into Sikhi by going to AKJ smagams, camps etc.

For a while i stopped texting and phoning her but now she has started contacting me just when i had got over her...

I am really scared and i dont know what to do as my parents are into Sikhi as well and my feelings would bring shame to the family.. what should i do?

any advice from GurSikhs please would be very very appreciated.

Bhula Chuka Dee Maaf

VJKK

VJKF

I'm not a Gursikh by any meassure but my advice might help as I've been in similar situation, ive helped many a muslim female appreciate Sikhism's history, scriptures and values and some who ive chatted to have actually gone ahead converted and married into a Sikh wedding ceremony with their chosen partners. Like this British Afghan Pathan girl who was seeing a Sikh guy at aston uni for some time and have since married and moved to canada last year.

Bring the woman closer to the Sikh faith, by your good conduct. If she respects and loves you even thought you seem to be a religious Sikh guy then thats one thing she admires, if you give up your values in faith for one moment of madness with her you then will lose everything. Have to remain focused on your final destination, think of it like a road journery their are many objects and obstecles to distact you along the way and if you dont concentrate on the road and follow where you are going you will crash or get lost on some wrong route.

marry someone that loves YOU, not the one you love

I concur that. Damn man, Papi is giving good advice these days. :TH: Ask her even if she loves you, and say that if she loves you, is she willing to become Sikh. Be careful, she better not be one of those girls that wants you to convert to their religion and than marry her. If you give up your sikhi for her, than I must say that Sikhi is not important to you, and religion should be before a girl. Like I said, is she willing to convert to Sikhism if she loves you so much, if not than I wouldn't be too sure about this girl. Frankly, I think its' best to keep it in the religion. Normally, someone you love will not love you back, just like papi said marry someone that loves YOU, not that YOU love. :TH:

ummm :cool: how is that possible?how can u expect someone to love u if u dont? what if the other person is thinking the same way? :)

Well, normally you can tell who loves you, and who is putting on a soap opera to take the belongings you have. If the other person is thinking the same way, than sooner or later they will both find their destination with each other. I am not saying don't love the person that loves you, but you should marry someone that LOVES you, not that ONLY you love her/him. If its' a two way cycle than the relationship will go smoothly, if its' a one way, than its' hard for both parties.

I agree with papi veer ji. Love is the "rarest thing"...IF u REALLY feel the love...then u wont listen to anybdy. Love doesn't seek advise.

[/quote

Papi and Balwinder Singh, how simple but true..what an understanding..WOW.

Firstly you do not "love" this girl. You are infactuated with her/lust after her. Love is a mutual feeling based upon common values and goals, of which you do not have with this girl. This is more of a crush.

It should be fairly obvious if the Muslim girl is interested in you in the same way you are about her. If she isn't then the best advice is to stay away from her completely. In the first place, you should not be forming close relationships with the opposite gender. Furthermore, your closest relationships should always be with Gursikh Sangat.

Finally, one is not "into" Sikhi when they attend a camp or a Rainsbai. One is "into" Sikhi when they practise Rehat and Naam Simran. This is what you are sorely missing and should you truly get "into" Sikhi you will find these feelings disappear quickly.

Why do you wanna get yourself involved in a situation like this??

You know its wrong and its pretty clear that your parents aren't gonna accept it, so just forget about it.

From what you've just said she has started to phone you again, but that doesn't mean she wants to marry you does it?? Maybe she just missed you being her friend, and there's no harm in that.

Tell her what you're feeling and just be good friends with her, instead of thinkin about fallin in love n all that bollywood nonsense.

Take care