I Dont Know How To Make Friends

Guest moo moo

WJKK WJKF!!

Erm, well yh, try and go to forums and camps, just start chatting randomly, asking them what they think of the program, ask em about sikhi- their own experiences. Thats how I made friends- im kinda shy 2!!! and when you have friends and wanna make more, jump in a convo with your "mates" and start chatting!! Waheguruu!!!!

WJKK WJKF

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read a very interesting sakhi about bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji when he was in jail he was asked by the attendants bhai sahib ji you always stay alone meditating dont you need any company we can provide this etc

and bhai sahib ji said who said i was all alone i am never alone i have the Guru with me always you can not provide better company than that

very inspiring sakhi for me

and a sakhi from baba nand singh ji who used to avoid large gatherings and functions etc when asked as to why he said because when there are many people around people dont think and ponder deeply etc and often cause fights and arguements

baba harnaam singh rampurkhera once was surrounded by several people who said baba ji do a discourse baba ji said fetch me the gutka sahib and started reciting the sukhmani sahib some left after 1 asthpadi some half way through only 1 person remained to hear all of it baba ji said those people who left just wanted to hear slander etc and not gurbani thats what they meant by discourse

did bhai randhir singh ji have friends when he frist started out on the path? I'd assume yes.

Friends can be a very calming and positive influence... I'm going to go out on a limb, but when you mention youth programs, it makes me assume you're from Ontario, Kanaydda.

There's LOTS of bhainaan who you can talk to that are very open and loving people. In my mind, a real Gursikh is detached, but friends with everyone at the same time. The love radiating off them should be felt by everyone they pass by in the halls, on the street, wherever.

Sometimes the best way to cultivate that love is to be around people who also are aspiring to be like that.... It's no secret that sangat is incomparably important in your life.. you BECOME what your sangat is, and not everyone has the ability to have ONLY guruji as their only sangat... for the average human being, it's very hard to associate with a non-physical being. We need companionship that can be felt at a physical/superficial level..... but it helps us grow into reaching and understanding "Guru Meray Sang Sadaa Hai Naalay"

From all the sakhis i hear, I hear that Bhai Randhir Singh Ji had not a single enemy, and only friends. No one had anything bad ot say about him, even the oppressors... look at the above sakhi, even the jailers who kept him in captivation wanted to help him and provide him companionship.

If you're in Ontario, i suggest you get an account on Sikhsangat (if you haven't already), and pm any one of the countless girls on this site from ontario... worst comes to worst, PM me, and I'll tell you who to pm... if they don't answer, then they're probably not the type of person you want to associate with anyways.

Keep faith, Bhanji.

Vaheguru

Vaheguru

Vaheguru

Types of friends out there in the world

1) Loyal

2) Lustful

3) Users

4) Personality

5) Pay back

6) Interest

7) Curious

8) Bored/Fed up

9) Corrupters

best friend is the Guru beyond all of this who wants nothing in return and says if you make 1 step towards ill make millions of steps forward only He is the trustworthy others you have to think how much trust (unless your married)

Types of friends out there in the world

1) Loyal

2) Lustful

3) Users

4) Personality

5) Pay back

6) Interest

7) Curious

8) Bored/Fed up

9) Corrupters

best friend is the Guru beyond all of this who wants nothing in return and says if you make 1 step towards ill make millions of steps forward only He is the trustworthy others you have to think how much trust (unless your married)

yes!!! omg so tru!!

Vaheguruuu

to start of i agree with what everyone said as of yes its inportant to have freinds. They can be inspirations in many ways. but sometimes when you over do the freind thing..samagams start becoming more "vacationish" i feel guilty saying this but honestly the last two samagams have been "vacationish" for me :cool: blush.gif .....so yes make freinds. just dont go over borad with the 'click' thingie..hehe..but i mean most bhenjis are really sweet. yes most have 'click' thingies but im sure they would welcome you ..just go up to them..introduce yourself..and theyll intro. themselves..and hopefully yall would get along! i know it seems easy reading this but its hard in reality! but i was the most shyiest person you would ever meet..belive it or not! hahah...but what do you accomplish being shy? open up! meet new sangat! :) ..hope this helped! blush.gif

Vaheugru Vaheguru Vaheguru

sangat still has its own importance.........a good 'sangat' i.e. company helps you build up your personality..........having a sikh sangat will help you neva get distractes 4m guruji........staying alone might push you in depression at times.....and a bad sangat -----in a ditch...........

i believe having some sangat esp. sikh sangat is really very important!!!

plz forgive 4 any mistake......

Lolz ...it seems sikhs are quite shy......i thought i was the only one ...... i am here in london from last 2 yrs and have no sikh friend though i've been to many sikh smagms buh i am too shy to start a convo....in fact just one from sikh sangat buh we hardly chat ...... most of ma mates are muslims buh waheguru has given me great young cousins who are chardi kala gursikhs(tho i m not) and a great company and all my visits at their place have been great learning experiences.

Sangat makes a big big difference. Gursikhs are a great company.