Hard Kaur? Whats This About?!?!

Techno_singh

but people see the name kaur and automatically Sikh comes into the mind...

the big problem is not that she uses the name, its how she represents it... in her songs or watever... her lyrics are just stupid ... ' Anyway to finish if she uses the name whatever name it is does it realy honestly reflect on the whole sikh sangat?. well... it does affect sikh sangat and how erm how should i say this people think of sikhs?

obviously she cant be right using the name because of the lyrics she uses in that link akhoza put it

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ban.gif

How do we police the people who use the name singh or kaur?

Lets be serious anyone can call themselves whatever they like it dosn't bother me.

I have never thought about this silly woman so much before I read this thread she must be loving all the free press she is getting.

Miss no talent is not recognised as a sikh in my book or an artist either!

Anyway you do Know that we have our own HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz on sikh sangat what do you think about that.

Techno Singh:

if in your area, when people see the name "Kaur", they think "Sikh", you should be proud you live in such an educated area.

The reality is most goray have no idea what or who sikhs are... Seeing "Hard Kaur" won't all of a sudden enlighten them about Sikhism haha... they won't go around saying "oh, you're sikh"..

Really, white people ain't all that educated about Sikhism, and they are only beginning to understand that Singh is a name associated to Sikhs (but also to others). Kaur is still foreign soil haha, they've got NO idea.

So here's the issue, if this is such a major deal, shouldn't there be more responsible Kaurs out there trying to offset the image? She's going to have her fan base, it doesn't make a diffeerence, chances are you're NOT going to convince someone to not listen to her music if they're a die hard fan.

Same goes with the Jazzy B crowd, but frankly, there's a whole lot more Singhs out there that are upstanding, famous people who portray positive images.. especially in the western world (i say that because i have a lack of knowledge about India nad its surrounding countries)

If you're upset that she's using the name Hard Kaur, and somehow the 3 billion white people are all of a sudden going to say "she's a sikh" when most of em might not even know what Sikhism is.... then perhaps the proactive step is getting involved with some local bhainaan and trying to be positive and inspirational people so that when people hear the name Kaur, they think of those girls instead of this one.

Bringing "Hard Kaur" down isn't your solution... your solutoin is bringing the REAL kaurs up...

I'm back - just can't get a way from this debate.

Would you argue that in todays society people probably associate more with sikhism with male wearing Turbans than with females with the Kaur in their names ( don't start a sexist debate now!!!)

Therefore what about all the bhangra Turban Singhs on Asian TV programms. - Lots of songs are about lets get it on with the girl.

So other non sikhs would relate to this type of incorrect siki than Miss Hard Kaur.

You can have up to 100 replys to your topic by slagging of Hard Kaur - its not going to make one bit of difference.

Oh yes - my father raised a point a few months back - in India within the state of UP (Utter Pradesh) there are thousands of people with the surname SINGH but who are not sikh at all.

I was stunned when I heard this.

................. rolleyes.gif theres LOADS of hindus with the surname singh rolleyes.gif ......however theres probably more sikhs i think im not sure with the surname Singh

Back to this ? "whats this all about"

why do you keep bringing this lost sheep back to the fold?

She is a sikh, she is not a sikh do we need to keep insisting that she is!.

Has anyone asked her about it does she feel that she has even one sikh bone in her body.

Anyway to finish if she uses the name whatever name it is does it realy honestly reflect on the whole sikh sangat?.

I havent finished so one last thing arent people meant to be judged on thier deeds not thier looks or names.

Well Said..

My response.. Not interested.. not our culture.. Luks stupid in mature world !

I'm back - just can't get a way from this debate.

Would you argue that in todays society people probably associate more with sikhism with male wearing Turbans than with females with the Kaur in their names ( don't start a sexist debate now!!!)

Therefore what about all the bhangra Turban Singhs on Asian TV programms. - Lots of songs are about lets get it on with the girl.

So other non sikhs would relate to this type of incorrect siki than Miss Hard Kaur.

You can have up to 100 replys to your topic by slagging of Hard Kaur - its not going to make one bit of difference.

i might aswell stop then... i see where your going when you say its not going to make a diference but we should atleast try, no? :)

With all due respect techno singh, its a sikhs duty to defend their right. Hard kaur has not in any way tested that right. Im sorry if it doesnt sound like the reply you wre expecting but in my opinion we should raise to self defence. In the case of hard kaur, what is their in a name? Waheguru gives us our names, and it is in his will wether that person will be a shining example...in a few years another singer wil crop up and we wil forget about this hard kaur...but in the case of gursikhs with chardi kala jeevans i.e. banda singh bahadur ji...baba deep singh ji...baba fateh singh ji..baba jujhar singh ji...baba zorawar singh ji...baba ajit singh ji...even mentioning these handful of sikhs from our history we can visually there whole jeevan what they were about and what they beleived in...with hard kaur we only see the present. Its just a fad...itl pass and we will probably find a new singer to vent our anger on...we let off alot fo anger and yet in theory none of this can be said to the person direct which would probably be much prefered. This isnt a hate post just passing on my opinions...bhul chuk maf karnee.

With all due respect techno singh, its a sikhs duty to defend their right. Hard kaur has not in any way tested that right. Im sorry if it doesnt sound like the reply you wre expecting but in my opinion we should raise to self defence. In the case of hard kaur, what is their in a name? Waheguru gives us our names, and it is in his will wether that person will be a shining example...in a few years another singer wil crop up and we wil forget about this hard kaur...but in the case of gursikhs with chardi kala jeevans i.e. banda singh bahadur ji...baba deep singh ji...baba fateh singh ji..baba jujhar singh ji...baba zorawar singh ji...baba ajit singh ji...even mentioning these handful of sikhs from our history we can visually there whole jeevan what they were about and what they beleived in...with hard kaur we only see the present. Its just a fad...itl pass and we will probably find a new singer to vent our anger on...we let off alot fo anger and yet in theory none of this can be said to the person direct which would probably be much prefered. This isnt a hate post just passing on my opinions...bhul chuk maf karnee.

:TH: